Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A sandbox game made by adults for adults

socialstatussocialstatus Member Posts: 72

Now this is not and LFG post it's more so a recommendation post. Now, lots of people on this forum are looking for a sandbox game. What are some components that  make up a general sandbox game? Generally what I see on this forum when , people say sandbox they usually refer to a game with these key components.

1. A game without classes.

2. A game with some sort of player creation( I.e, player houses , gardens etc...)

3. A game with indepth crafting

4. A game that you can truly customize your own character

Now there are usually , more components to an indiviual sandbox game but, this is what I usually see on the forums. Now with these components in mind there is a little known game out there called linkrealms( http://www.linkrealms.com/)

Now I really think you guys should check it out!

Playing: Ever quest 2
Played: MS,GW,EVE,LOTRO,WoW,Allods,Aion, CO,CoH,CoV,TQ Digital games, Darkfall,AoC,RS2.
Liked: Dungeon fight online, GW, Darkfall and, Runescape.
Waiting for: Link Realms(can't get my damn beta invite) KOTOR and, GW2

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

"by adults, for adults"

Does that mean there will be the sex?

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

"by adults, for adults"

Does that mean there will be the sex?

Trad imageimage.

• socialstatussocialstatus Member Posts: 72

No, but it does mean there will not be younger players and words will not be censored, yet, the content it's self does not actually constitute an 18 and up requirement

Playing: Ever quest 2
    Played: MS,GW,EVE,LOTRO,WoW,Allods,Aion, CO,CoH,CoV,TQ Digital games, Darkfall,AoC,RS2.
    Liked: Dungeon fight online, GW, Darkfall and, Runescape.
    Waiting for: Link Realms(can't get my damn beta invite) KOTOR and, GW2

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Mortal Online fits what your asking for, although the player custimisation isn't the best.

it has:

-classless system

-housing, horse breading, cooking (the later will be added into an expantion coming in next month)

-the crafting is one of the most robust systems out their

-It has a skill use system (such as oblivion) so if you want to raise your sword skill, go hit stuff with it

-it is also pretty mature...you will see penises and vaginas on game characters.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

Sweet.  Its still in closed beta tho, right?

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Been there, tried it, won't go back.  Linkrelams has been in Beta dvelopment for how long now... 2-3 years?  They'll gladly take your money and it's a "P2W" model they follow.  For every feature added, about 3 more are added to the item mall.

They also have what must be about 2 people working on the game who don't like advice or take suggestions from their players if they don't agree with them.   It feels like an updated version of UO but lacks anything that made UO a great game.  There's no economy, no point in crafting since item drops are 100 times better and a barren waste-land of a world as far as mob spawns go.

If you want any PvP you have to find a 10' x 10' area in someone's "realm" to fight in... and then wait for no one to show up.  Or go through a single dungeon that people avoid playing.  You can also pay $10 to make your own realm and open PvP up in it... but again, who's going to show up at your doorstep to pick a fight?

When I played the beta was filled with a few of long-term players who forget they were supposed to be "testing" the game and wanted everything to stay the same.  That just made a bad recipe for a game stuck in development.

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201

open beta sign up are open right now get them while u can they will close it again u can thank me later

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

its not made by or for adults if theres not full frontal and rapeing of the losers in pvp.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

Originally posted by neorandom

its not made by or for adults if theres full frontal and rapeing of the losers in pvp.

Fixed

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

I really liked the concept of linkrealms, but when I played a few months back, the skill system was very limiting. The game is supposed to be classless, but everyone was forced to train up in melee combat. I wanted to play as a pure caster and the way the system works, it was almost impossible. Hopefully they can make a skill system that doesnt force everyone to level up as a melee before picking skills you enjoy because I really enjoyed the community.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

EVE online :)

Not a game for children. Not a game that you can reach "endgame" in one month.