Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmo with big female population

2»

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

I would agree with City of Heroes/ Villains having a high(er than normal) female population.  When I played I met a few actual ladies.

Likewise when I played SWG,  though I doubt there will be many left.  Looking forward I would look towards SW:TOR as the forums have a healthy female population, and it will only grow on release.

I can't think of many other games where I've noticed many female players,  its uncharacteristic of me to really ask.

• lovescatslovescats Member Posts: 4

thanks astoria for you kind answer.  And yes i know many ppl who fake their chrs and are actually males.  And i know 13 females in PWI that have male chrs.  they do it for protection and to avoid stalkers.  I am not trying to start dateing or get married in real via a game.  And i never stalk or force my self on anyone.  I had many many wonderful freinds in PWI both males and females and we would chat outside the game as well.  One female and i started to like each other and so on and chated on skype and so on and we parted as freinds and no harm was done.   I reached top lvl in that game and many of my freinds got bored and left.  The reason i mentioned gender was not to be prejedced or anything.  Its a very nice experince where you team up and go on quest and chat while questing and females do bring different subjects and talk about things in a different way and are as competnet as males if not better and are very nice and pleasent to talk to.

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

in response to the idea of rolling a female toon vs male toon and how they are treated? Well I played CoH/CoV for about 8 months and my first character was a female defender. I dressed her like a hooters girl with a ridiculous rack, booty shorts, and I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference in how players treat you.

I wouldn't have believed it, b/c I had never played a female toon before..but CoH had a great char creation system. I also know that playing as a defender/healer I was in demand, but when a similiarly leveled def/healer was an option for a PUG, they always picked me. I have male toons in EvE, which doesn't really matter, and I had a male avatar in DF. I found that I never really used TS for CoH, wasn't in a guild, so it was a purely appearance only decision.

To the OP...I have no idea if CoH had alot of female players, but I know my gf at the time, loved that game..and would constantly try and play it when she was over. In contrast, she absolutely hated EvE, and thought it was the worst game in history.

LOTRO seemed to have alot of females playing, as well. I would agree that the more character customization, less PvP, and crafting heavy games are more likely to have many more female to male. I am not trying to stereotype, b/c I have seen a FEW very good female pvp'ers in EvE, but they are hard to find.

It seems to me, any of my friends that their gf's/wives play games, it's almost always on a console. Just don't see alot of PC gamers..I know they are out there, I just don't happen to run into them much.

Good luck OP..let us know what ya find.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by lovescats

thanks astoria for you kind answer.  And yes i know many ppl who fake their chrs and are actually males.  And i know 13 females in PWI that have male chrs.  they do it for protection and to avoid stalkers.  I am not trying to start dateing or get married in real via a game.  And i never stalk or force my self on anyone.  I had many many wonderful freinds in PWI both males and females and we would chat outside the game as well.  One female and i started to like each other and so on and chated on skype and so on and we parted as freinds and no harm was done.   I reached top lvl in that game and many of my freinds got bored and left.  The reason i mentioned gender was not to be prejedced or anything.  Its a very nice experince where you team up and go on quest and chat while questing and females do bring different subjects and talk about things in a different way and are as competnet as males if not better and are very nice and pleasent to talk to.

I don't know about people faking. I have rarely asked and don't care either way. As to my experiences in EVE and CoH, I am just basing that on voice chat, and there were a lot of people that sounded female, but again I never asked. I suppose if I'd played with Geddy Lee (singer for Rush), I would have wrongly guessed he was a chick.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by emperorwings

Gender should be irrelevant. Try Freerealms or some other casual game. I think there was a fairy game out there too but I forgot what it's called. Hello Kitty Online also comes to mind. Other than that if you want more girls for whatever reason than casual/ social gaming would be the best option.

Gender usually is irrelevant -- until The Crying Game starts.

The fairy game is probably Pixie Hollow, but that's more for little kiddies than women (it's by Disney after all).

Second Life isn't a game but an extremely intricate chatroom.  There are a lot of women there, that's for certain, but not really for gaming.  More for socializing.

I'd also have to go with City of Villains/Heroes.  I'm not sure why, but there does seem to be a lot of girls playing it.  That might explain the relative maturity level of the community when compared to other MMOs.  Not sure what the draw is.  Comic book superheroes doesn't strike me as all that appealing to fairer sex.  But what do I know?

*returns to mom's basement*

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Oh sry, I completely misunderstood. Your original post somehow reminded me of players that go around in local chat shouting that they want a girlfriend :) Or start flirting right away they see some good looking female toon. This usually attracts the fakers in my experience. A friend of mine uses this to leech free stuff from gullible players.

Anyway, there were always female players in my SWG and EQ2 guilds. You might want to check there. Both games have a lot of social activities apart from the normal combat. And I agree with you that they tend to be more social. Or at least make the guys behave more mature just because of their presence.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by astoria

Ok Ok guys hold on lol.  The whole thread is going somewhere else not where i wanted it to go.  First of all i did not get married and i am not married and dont think of marriage at this time lol.  I dont intend to offend anyone or hurt his feelings.  Or generlize anthing about anyone.  Do i like to chat to girls? yes (i hope its not illigal or something lol).  What i was trying to say is there are games where you only kill mob alone.  Other games have marriage, events, quests that force you to team up.  While others actually you can game over the whole game alone which is sad.  I dont want to say that girls only follow males in what they do.  I just want to have fun but with someone.  I was only asking for advise and you guys turned this into a fight.  I am a bit lonely these days as i moved and living alone and new to the area and still have no friends.  So please just answer my question and advise me of a good sociable game where i can have fun with others not alone. 

ignore the trolls. perfectly fine forum question.

I don't know any stats or anything, but in my personal experience, I found a lot of female players in City of Heroes and EVE.

The other thing in your questions was not questing alone.

City of Heroes requires a lot of team coordination, and you can easily find groups.

EVE you will really need to join a corporation (guild) because that is the heart of the game. But there is a lot of game other than killing mobs alone. In fact, you can get rich in the game without ever engaging in combat.

Oh an DCUO, there is a guild called Amazonia, on death and glory (pvp server)they are not strictly females in real life, but they require you to have a female character, and just from seeing a lot of their photos on the forums, im pretty sure many are actually female.

You sure use the term troll loosely.

Kid SAYS he is married then denies it.  He wasn't clear about it.  Okay, whatever.  So those of us that bring it up before he denies it are TROLLS?  roflmao 

To the OP....

Try meeting people out in the community.  If you're new to an area, then isn't it a good time to explore? There are bars and restaurants and museums and libraries and churches and ALL kinds of places where you can meet people. You don't have to only meet people in a game.  I mean sure, as gamers we're fortunate to have that EXTRA outlet, but that doesn't mean we're limited to ONLY online friends.

Also....no one is fighting.  I don't see one damn person fighting in this thread.  It's a thread you made for discussion, is it not?  People are DISCUSSING, so I would say you did a fine job of making a thread!

Edit:

BTW....I don't think I've played ANY MMOs that didn't have a respectable number of females playing them.  This hasn't been the Boys Club since 1997 or so.  You can find plenty of women (both real and pretend) in most any MMO.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by just1opinion

To the OP....

Try meeting people out in the community.  There are bars and restaurants and museums and libraries and churches and ALL kinds of places where you can meet people. You don't have to only meet people in a game.  I mean sure, as gamers we're fortunate to have that EXTRA outlet, but that doesn't mean we're limited to ONLY online friends.

Also....no one is fighting.  I don't see one damn person fighting in this thread.  It's a thread you made for discussion, is it not?  People are DISCUSSING, so I would say you did a fine job of making a thread!

I say let him play how he wants to play.    To be honest, I don't have a problem meeting people online and just enjoying my time socializing in-game with them.  If those are the kinds of people he is looking for then he may just be in the right place to find it - save for - possibly hitting up a few game stores in his area.

But ultimately looking forward to playing games with a slightly larger percentage of meeting a girl shouldn't really be looked upon as any poorer than, say, hanging out at a club.

Hopefully he finds what he's looking for, though there are only so many suggestions that could be given, and in truth, when it comes down to a *game* that he's looking for,  the game with the largest female population might not be the game with features worthy enough of his time.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

I'm not sure how any of us would know what a good female population is but I know Aion had a good amount of females. Its a pretty game so girls like to play it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Originally posted by just1opinion

To the OP....

Try meeting people out in the community.  There are bars and restaurants and museums and libraries and churches and ALL kinds of places where you can meet people. You don't have to only meet people in a game.  I mean sure, as gamers we're fortunate to have that EXTRA outlet, but that doesn't mean we're limited to ONLY online friends.

I say let him play how he wants to play.    To be honest, I don't have a problem meeting people online and just enjoying my time socializing in-game with them.  If those are the kinds of people he is looking for then he may just be in the right place to find it - save for - possibly hitting up a few game stores in his area.

But ultimately looking forward to playing games with a slightly larger percentage of meeting a girl shouldn't really be looked upon as any poorer than, say, hanging out at a club.

Hopefully he finds what he's looking for, though there are only so many suggestions that could be given, and in truth, when it comes down to a *game* that he's looking for,  the game with the largest female population might not be the game with features worthy enough of his time.

He said he was lonely. I was just trying to give broader suggestions to go along with the "in game" ones, that's all.  But I love what you said here and I agree.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

My bet is that Prius online (going CB coming Thursday) will attract a large female population as well...

• ladyfoxxyladyfoxxy Member Posts: 16

lol was fun reading all your posts. What does it matter whether you believe someone is female or not? To answer your question on what games might have female players. KOK3, forsaken world, Fiesta, Aion, Kingdom Heroes ( which I played intensely).  One of my most favorite games is Runes of Magic.

I am a 49 year old woman and I have been playing mmorpgs for years. Who do you think programmed some of these games for you boys? I played all the new games that came out way before you were born. I personally dislike first person shooters.

I say find a game you like and enjoy it.

PS I did like silkroad until the bots took over.

As for the super hero games give me a break. I would rather play a sexy female elf.

and guess what you are only playing a role like in a movie. I would never think of playing second life. My first life is tough enough.

Oh yeah I actually know a few couples that got married for real and they met in games. (Especially in Silkroad).

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    All games have "girls" and thats always been the case- 

I've been gaming since the early 1980s...With my sister ...On console, PC and even tabletop RPG's.

-Almost every girlfriend i've ever had (of any seriousness) has either been into gaming or ended up partaking of the hobby,including my wife who joins me in many games (including some FPS games)

I'm not sure exactly what youre wanting OP...But I can assure you that pretty much every online game has both  men and women playing- Probably more men but there are always women.

I look out for the "I'm a gamer girl" girls though- They are nothing but problems more often than not- 
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    SWTOR. Why? They keep the metal bikinis and lingerie style armor to a minimum. It's there but you're not forced to wear it.
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Well, I suppose if one is into cyber with  250 Lbs of hairy man balls- Have at it.

Who am I to judge?
    Palebane
This discussion has been closed.