Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mmo with big female population

lovescatslovescats Member Posts: 4

Hello all, I played PWI and FW and was not a bad experiense but i dont have anything else to do there and quite bored of those 2 games so i want to move on.   What i liked about PWI is that it has a big female population and i got married actually and you can chat alot with many females.  After finishing PWI  i went to LORT and i bought all versions of GW.  They are quite good games and so on but not that sociable.  So i was wondering what games out there right now have a good female population and also a good (general) population where i will not be alone in an instanse and just questing alone.  A game that has room for chatting and such.  I tried around 10 mmos but some have really bad graphics, others just too killing oriented.  Also please recommend Global games not only korean or only US games. 

Comments

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Why would the amount of female players matter? Just play a social MMORPG and play the game. 

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82

I read the title and thought the OP was referring to a game that had BBWs.  

Mensur
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

OP, try lord of the rings and city of heroes.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Praetoriani

Why would the amount of female players matter? Just play a social MMORPG and play the game. 

Because being a female online is rather rough. Internet games are filled with pre-teen brats who go "ZOMG GIRL!" & turn into instant annoying stalkers.

Although I'm a dude, I do know that EQII (Nagafen, the pvp server believe it or not) had a rather LARGE female population. Also, Dark Age of Camelot (highly recommended if you're looking for a game you haven't played) also continues to have a LARGE female population. Not sure which realm has more/less though?

Hope this helps

-Faded

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Did you ever consider the fact that those female toons are not played by females? Its difficult to say if a MMO has many female players for obvious reasons.

Bah, telling the OP about this feels like telling a small kid that there is no Santa Claus :/

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Wait.  You got married, like....newly married....and you're looking for a game where you can chat up a bunch of females, pretty much?  Is that what you're saying?  Uhm....are you wanting to actually STAY married?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• lovescatslovescats Member Posts: 4

You do have a point, but girls are more sociable than men.  And from my experience they dont play games that focus so much on killing and game play.   I also play FPS games heavily and you will rarly find a female playing.  So the game structure affects who plays the game.  The game makers usually target a certain age and gender when they make their games.  I will not claim that i have statistics showing that female targeted games are more sociable, but i feel they are.  Or its just that i like to chat to girls lol instead of just killing mobs and mobs then log off game.   

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by just1opinion

Wait.  You got married, like....newly married....and you're looking for a game where you can chat up a bunch of females, pretty much?  Is that what you're saying?  Uhm....are you wanting to actually STAY married?

I took it to mean he got married in game. It wasn't clear.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by lovescats

You do have a point, but girls are more sociable than men.  And from my experience they dont play games that focus so much on killing and game play.   I also play FPS games heavily and you will rarly find a female playing.  So the game structure affects who plays the game.  The game makers usually target a certain age and gender when they make their games.  I will not claim that i have statistics showing that female targeted games are more sociable, but i feel they are.  Or its just that i like to chat to girls lol instead of just killing mobs and mobs then log off game.   

Well, the men that 'roleplay' females in MMO's are usually also very sociable. Look, I dont care either way, well except maybe the use of the word 'roleplaying' in this case. Anyway, sometimes there are clear signs that should set off alarms in those games :p

If a female toon is too eager to marry or keeps telling everyone that she is a woman without being asked about that, get suspicious. On top of that they dont want to be on voicechat, because they 'dont like it' . Their toon names can be a clue too.

Unless you think that all females behave like women in anime movies of course ;) My impression of real women in games (knowing they are real after hearing them on voicechat), is that they are a lot more guarded. And surprisingly often play male toons too. Oh, and lot of the times are playing MMO's because their rl friend/husband introduced them to it.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I took it to mean he got married in game. It wasn't clear.

Ahh.

Well, I was really just being facetious, but....there's a serious question in there too. :)  I don't know a lot of newlyweds, but I suspect most newlyweds aren't going to be spending all their free time chatting in games. Or....maybe that's just me. If he meant married in game, that would make a lot more sense.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

City of Heroes has a big female population.

Second Life has a super high population of women playing. A large chunk of the player base is middle aged women.

The big misconception that many people that have no idea what their talking about is that many female characters are played by males. What they fail to realize is that 18 to 35 year old women out number 17 and younger boys and are gaining on men of the same age when it comes to MMOs and virtual worlds. People (especially americans and europeans) need to get out of the mentality of thinking that only white males use the internet. All kinds of people are everywhere.

Ive played a few where I was forced to roll a fem toon.  Ppl are alot nicer to fem toons, even tho they knew the game was gender locked and Id say like ...dude n stuff.

Tip of the day: You want a nice and social community, roll a fem toon. lol

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Second Life has a super high population of women playing. A large chunk of the player base is middle aged women.

The big misconception that many people that have no idea what their talking about is that many female characters are played by males. What they fail to realize is that 18 to 35 year old women out number 17 and younger boys and are gaining on men of the same age when it comes to MMOs and virtual worlds. People (especially americans and europeans) need to get out of the mentality of thinking that only white males use the internet. All kinds of people are everywhere.

I usually PVP in MMO's and if I notice that most guildies with female toons have a male voice, then its not a big misconception. I only once met a female player (knowing from voicechat) that played the game without being introduced to it. Also Second Life shouldnt be named in this discussion. That is clearly not the game that the OP is looking for.

And even in City of Heroes I seriously doubt that it has a large female population. WoW, LOTRO and EQ2 I believe there are many female players, but most others I think you mainly find husbands/girlfriends of other players and LOADS of 'roleplayers'. Dont get fooled, some of them are really convincing lol. Im also not judging this btw, but I do know that some guys would be seriously disappointed if they would discover the truth of their game girlfriend lol.

Thank you. I've been telling male gamers this for a couple of YEARS now and some of them still seem to think that no real women are playing their sacred games.  It's not the damn Boys Club any more.  Some of us have been playing LONGER than some of the men, for that matter. There were more of us than you think playing UO and EQ and we continue to play those games and other games.

So not every female toon is a guy pretending to be female. For that matter....not every male toon is male. I always role a couple of male characters in every game I play, just for fun and....because they do seem to get treated differently. I'll never forget the first time someone found out my male tank had a female driver. Oh brother. You'd think I slapped him in the face. He was so offended. How childish. But I digress..... lol. ;)

Oh and for the fucking record.....

No MAN introduced me to gaming. But I have introduced a few men to new games that I play.  And I don't have a husband that plays games either, although my second ex husband (yes, I said second) played DOOM, if that counts. Stereotypes are ignorant.  We're not all little flowers waiting for men to "introduce us" to their games. Give me a break.  (this was for the guy that posted AFTER you)

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

A lot of girls play every MMO. A lot of girls play anything that isn't a blatant bro-fest like CoD or Halo, and even those have girls that play them. Most of the time, however, you can't tell what anyone is unless they use a mic, which doesn't happen too often in MMOs unless you join a guild.

I can't help but think that this "marriage" was only a virtual one.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Yes there are girls on teh intarnets. lol.  Y is that so hard to believe?

Thank you. I've been telling male gamers this for a couple of YEARS now and some of them still seem to think that no real women are playing their sacred games.  It's not the damn Boys Club any more.  Some of us have been playing LONGER than some of the men, for that matter. There were more of us than you think playing UO and EQ and we continue to play those games and other games.

So not every female toon is a guy pretending to be female. For that matter....not every male toon is male. I always role a couple of male characters in every game I play, just for fun and....because they do seem to get treated differently. I'll never forget the first time someone found out my male tank had a female driver. Oh brother. You'd think I slapped him in the face. He was so offended. How childish. But I digress..... lol. ;)

Oh and for the fucking record.....

No MAN introduced me to gaming. But I have introduced a few men to new games that I play.  And I don't have a husband that plays games either, although my second ex husband (yes, I said second) played DOOM, if that counts. Stereotypes are ignorant.  We're not all little flowers waiting for men to "introduce us" to their games. Give me a break.  (this was for the guy that posted AFTER you)

Im not telling that all female gamers are introduced to MMO's (not gaming in general). But with most it started this way. This also depends on what the theme of the MMO is. High fantasy is more popular with female gamers then scifi or superheroes. My point only is that the 'female players' you easily meet in MMO's, when you are obviously looking for female players, are usually not the real women.

Like if the OP starts shouting around ' looking for female friend to marry!!!' , yeah, its the rl females will line up :/

Like I said in a different post, the real female gamers I met so far are more guarded then what the OP expects. Well, at least after getting harassed  :( a lot, most do unfortunately. Lot of guys simply assume that female behave like over exited anime girls.

• lovescatslovescats Member Posts: 4

Ok Ok guys hold on lol.  The whole thread is going somewhere else not where i wanted it to go.  First of all i did not get married and i am not married and dont think of marriage at this time lol.  I dont intend to offend anyone or hurt his feelings.  Or generlize anthing about anyone.  Do i like to chat to girls? yes (i hope its not illigal or something lol).  What i was trying to say is there are games where you only kill mob alone.  Other games have marriage, events, quests that force you to team up.  While others actually you can game over the whole game alone which is sad.  I dont want to say that girls only follow males in what they do.  I just want to have fun but with someone.  I was only asking for advise and you guys turned this into a fight.  I am a bit lonely these days as i moved and living alone and new to the area and still have no friends.  So please just answer my question and advise me of a good sociable game where i can have fun with others not alone. 

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Second Life is a frame work for building virtual world applications, not a game. What you said is the same as saying: "The internet html protocol has many female users". It's true.. but we're talking about games here.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The best answer to the OP's question is to check out the games forum site and look for a "real life picture thread" in the "off-topic" section.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Try Everquest 2 maybe. Now on that new f2p EQ2X server. I know there are a lot of female players there and the game offers crafting and housing apart from PVE/PVP. There are also a lot of roleplaying guilds if you like that too.

Star Wars Galaxies on Starsider server could also be an option. This game has loads of features besides PVE and PVP. But you might find the game too dated.

Originally posted by stayontarget

The best answer to the OP's question is to check out the games forum site and look for a "real life picture thread" in the "off-topic" section.

This is what I mean. There is no telling without voicechat or knowing players in real life. Im sure some of them are real, but its just as easy to fake that. 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

Gender should be irrelevant. Try Freerealms or some other casual game. I think there was a fairy game out there too but I forgot what it's called. Hello Kitty Online also comes to mind. Other than that if you want more girls for whatever reason than casual/ social gaming would be the best option.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by lovescats

Ok Ok guys hold on lol.  The whole thread is going somewhere else not where i wanted it to go.  First of all i did not get married and i am not married and dont think of marriage at this time lol.  I dont intend to offend anyone or hurt his feelings.  Or generlize anthing about anyone.  Do i like to chat to girls? yes (i hope its not illigal or something lol).  What i was trying to say is there are games where you only kill mob alone.  Other games have marriage, events, quests that force you to team up.  While others actually you can game over the whole game alone which is sad.  I dont want to say that girls only follow males in what they do.  I just want to have fun but with someone.  I was only asking for advise and you guys turned this into a fight.  I am a bit lonely these days as i moved and living alone and new to the area and still have no friends.  So please just answer my question and advise me of a good sociable game where i can have fun with others not alone. 

ignore the trolls. perfectly fine forum question.

I don't know any stats or anything, but in my personal experience, I found a lot of female players in City of Heroes and EVE.

The other thing in your questions was not questing alone.

City of Heroes requires a lot of team coordination, and you can easily find groups.

EVE you will really need to join a corporation (guild) because that is the heart of the game. But there is a lot of game other than killing mobs alone. In fact, you can get rich in the game without ever engaging in combat.

Oh an DCUO, there is a guild called Amazonia, on death and glory (pvp server)they are not strictly females in real life, but they require you to have a female character, and just from seeing a lot of their photos on the forums, im pretty sure many are actually female.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

A friend of mine who is as feminine as they come (he is a gay man btw), can easily fool some of you in MMO's by posing as a real life female :p Its usually what he does for fun lol. Even if he doesnt try, players still ask if he is a girl.

I know someone from Everquest 2 who does the same just to get free stuff. He also fakes his profile on forums etc to appear female. The fact that he doesnt hide any of this personal info, should already ring an alarmbell. There are loads of these players in MMO's.

Like I said before, Im not telling that there are no female gamers, just that they are usually not the ones who start flirting right away with obviously horny teenagers.  Only voicechat and knowing them in real life can tell you if its really true. If you care about that anyway.

This is not trolling, its realism.

This discussion has been closed.