Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instances?

Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

Seen a few of the trailers and dev  ones too. Just wondering if there are going to be instanced zones in the game or instanced battle grounds. I hope not because theat would be a big game breaker for me.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

Comments

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

While I agree with you, I expect that TSW will be heavily instanced/phased. FunCom is in love with the concept and have always been one of the companies driving it forward.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Bruise187

Seen a few of the trailers and dev  ones too. Just wondering if there are going to be instanced zones in the game or instanced battle grounds. I hope not because theat would be a big game breaker for me.

I am not aware of any official word as of yet, however Ragnar has made it clear that he does not like instancing so take that for what it's worth.

http://www.massiveonlinegamer.com/announcements/658-the-secret-world-qaa-part-3

Q2: How will transitions between zones be handled? Seamless, loading screen or other?

Ragnar: As seamlessly as possible. Not a big fan of loading screens myself, so as much as we can avoid it, we will.

Edit: I wanted to add that we do know that there will be hub that are instanced not unlike DCUO and and dungeons will be instanced like most other MMOs. The world though is something they continue to say is being designed as "open" and "seamless". We will have to wait and see as more information is released to the populace.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Unshra

Originally posted by Bruise187

I am not aware of any official word as of yet, however Ragnar has made it clear that he does not like instancing so take that for what it's worth.

http://www.massiveonlinegamer.com/announcements/658-the-secret-world-qaa-part-3

Q2: How will transitions between zones be handled? Seamless, loading screen or other?

Ragnar: As seamlessly as possible. Not a big fan of loading screens myself, so as much as we can avoid it, we will.

Edit: I wanted to add that we do know that there will be hub that are instanced not unlike DCUO and and dungeons will be instanced like most other MMOs. The world though is something they continue to say is being designed as "open" and "seamless". We will have to wait and see as more information is released to the populace.

I wonder how they plan to do it. There's a reason some MMO companies choose 'stylised' graphics for their world, all the highly detailed graphical worlds have to resort to some limitations to be able to show their MMO world while still being playable. Even if MMO companies want to, it's very hard to have a graphically highly detailed MMO world while still making it completely seamless and stable running.

On the other hand, Vanguard which is a lot larger than WoW had a seamless world and pretty detailed graphics for its time. ArcheAge, which has a seamless word as well also looks to be a graphically highly detailed world.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."