Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Dungeon teased! "Dawn" expansion rumored to be adding "secret" dungeon. Get in the game NOW!

2»

Comments

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Ohhh a dungeon, no "theme park" i ever played has those.

I hope those of you who play MO enjoy the expansion and that it starts to deliver more lateral content for you all, but please try to avoid bashing more popular, polished and differently designed games, it just makes you look desperate for attention the same way Rifts "Were not in Azeroth anymore" campaign did.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by raff01

That pîcture looks pretty pathetic...it seems like powder to the eyes,  there is some sort of goofy blur effect to hide the fact that there is nothing to show but a wall texture and a tree...

Picture looks incredible.  The fact that they made this a surprise dungeon (no hype) is even better!

Game just needs the expansion to release!  Mortal will not pursue the normal Expansion content of most Themepark games.  Instead the devs strive to give us a new and unique experience.  I am sure that this dungeon will blow away anything in your average themepark games.

I don't know what you mean there. Pic is completely dull, and as for themepark dungeons, best dungeons ever belong to EverQuest and its 2 extentions Kunark and Velious. Best dungeon designs ever.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

That pîcture looks pretty pathetic...it seems like powder to the eyes,  there is some sort of goofy blur effect to hide the fact that there is nothing to show but a wall texture and a tree...

Picture looks incredible.  The fact that they made this a surprise dungeon (no hype) is even better!

Game just needs the expansion to release!  Mortal will not pursue the normal Expansion content of most Themepark games.  Instead the devs strive to give us a new and unique experience.  I am sure that this dungeon will blow away anything in your average themepark games.

I don't know what you mean there. Pic is completely dull, and as for themepark dungeons, best dungeons ever belong to EverQuest and its 2 extentions Kunark and Velious. Best dungeon designs ever.

Actually.. among those that actually play the game there is a rumor that this screenshot could actually be related to the long promised Tindrem Sewers.  Which in turn would mean that the capital city of Tindrem would open and all the related goodies (real guards.. functional NPCs... AI.. etc)

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/61342-dawn-screenshot-discussion-2.html#post1137442

That's obviously NOT confirmed of course.  But just like the candles burning down on the webpage.. it is something fun for fans to speculate about.  If that screenshot IS from the Tindrem Sewers.. man... that would take the game to an even higher plane of existance as we have been told that the capital city will put all other MMO cities to shame.   Good times are on the way.. even if it's not the Tindrem Sewers.  Hop on board the MO train or be left behind!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Actually.. among those that actually play the game there is a rumor that this screenshot could actually be related to the long promised Tindrem Sewers.  Which in turn would mean that the capital city of Tindrem would open and all the related goodies (real guards.. functional NPCs... AI.. etc)

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/61342-dawn-screenshot-discussion-2.html#post1137442

That's obviously NOT confirmed of course.  But just like the candles burning down on the webpage.. it is something fun for fans to speculate about.  If that screenshot IS from the Tindrem Sewers.. man... that would take the game to an even higher plane of existance as we have been told that the capital city will put all other MMO cities to shame.   Good times are on the way.. even if it's not the Tindrem Sewers.  Hop on board the MO train or be left behind!

I lol'd actually.

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Looks like the tunnel spiral in the Huergar Caves they had walled off from normal players since release, it was supposed to be a dungeon but never really finished since theres always another fire to extinquish somewhere else..

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Looks like the tunnel spiral in the Huergar Caves they had walled off from normal players since release, it was supposed to be a dungeon but never really finished since theres always another fire to extinquish somewhere else..

Interesting hypothesis!   This would be great news if indeed it is true as it would indicate that things are gettings back on track and this will truly be the DAWN of a new age for MO!!

I love the speculation!!  Interest is high!!  People are examining every bit of info for possible clues!! image

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Interesting hypothesis!   This would be great news if indeed it is true as it would indicate that things are gettings back on track and this will truly be the DAWN of a new age for MO!!

I love the speculation!!  Interest is high!!  People are examining every bit of info for possible clues!! image

I don't know how you can keep saying the glass is half full, when the thing has so many cracks in it and its leaking water like the Titantic was taking it in...

The game is a paid Beta that is just now getting around to offering features it claimed it would have at release, this happens ALL The time yet MMO gamers keep supporting these lying, missleading, tricky tactics that these developers are using to milk us of our money so they don't have to pay for their failures in design and production.

Its just a shame that you guys will keep forkin over money, its only encouraging more developers to do more of the same, released unfinished crap that offers only a fraction of the content it claimed it would have at launch, and telling players that they'll fix it when they can get around to it.

Stop encouraging bad business practices!

• ThanosxpThanosxp Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by Laughing-man

I don't know how you can keep saying the glass is half full, when the thing has so many cracks in it and its leaking water like the Titantic was taking it in...

The game is a paid Beta that is just now getting around to offering features it claimed it would have at release, this happens ALL The time yet MMO gamers keep supporting these lying, missleading, tricky tactics that these developers are using to milk us of our money so they don't have to pay for their failures in design and production.

Its just a shame that you guys will keep forkin over money, its only encouraging more developers to do more of the same, released unfinished crap that offers only a fraction of the content it claimed it would have at launch, and telling players that they'll fix it when they can get around to it.

Amem brother

But i think it'll never stop

=/

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

they released early after delaying for a year due to lack of funds so its not "lies" and misleading tactics, its just they had 2 many hurdles to overcome with the atlas and unreal engine in a seamless world.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Whenever somebody is trying to sell me something and tells me I have to do it fast, that's a strong signal to not get in at all, especially for things that have a shady past. It might lead to lost opportunities, but usally saves you money.

Originally posted by ange10

they released early after delaying for a year due to lack of funds so its not "lies" and misleading tactics, its just they had 2 many hurdles to overcome with the atlas and unreal engine in a seamless world.

When the box says it offers things, and it doesn't offer them.  Thats a lie.

The game was not feature complete at launch, nor is it still.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

What does it say on the box?

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

This thread refers to the teased "secret" dungeon that appears to be included in the DAWN expansion (which is FREE to all players I might add).   There are plenty of other threads to discuss any issues you might have with the company.  Let's keep this one focused on the topic in the OP.  I, and many others.. are quite excited by the prospect of having this new dungeon added to the game and enjoy speculating on it's possible location and content!

I am responding directly to this addition they are making to their game.  If they are just now adding on things that they said they would have at launch with an add on... how is that not some sort of trickery?

Then they put a spin on it that its better than a normal add on because it doesn't just offer theme park ride the rails content.  It offers expanded content on many levels.  Which is a nice claim to make but the fact is fixing bugs and adding in content you said you'd have earlier doesn't really make for an add on that is some how "better" than other add ons / expansions.

I'm glad they are adding in a dungeon, thats wonderful, but isn't that what other expansions do?  Everything they are saying seems to contradict itself.  From the get go they've had problems with their game, and now they're trying to package a content update as a full blown "free expansion".  It just seems like they are trying to hype everyone.

• TadzioTadzio Member UncommonPosts: 103

Originally posted by Rohn

What does it say on the box?

"Hahah, you fell for it !"

;)

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

This thread refers to the teased "secret" dungeon that appears to be included in the DAWN expansion (which is FREE to all players I might add).   There are plenty of other threads to discuss any issues you might have with the company.  Let's keep this one focused on the topic in the OP.  I, and many others.. are quite excited by the prospect of having this new dungeon added to the game and enjoy speculating on it's possible location and content!

Maybe if your title didn't contain ""Dawn" expansion will fix/add what is needed. Get in the game NOW!" you might have better luck getting people to talk about the dungeon and not fixes/additions (or lack thereof) and how people should or should not play this game.

Originally posted by Siris23

Maybe if your title didn't contain ""Dawn" expansion will fix/add what is needed. Get in the game NOW!" you might have better luck getting people to talk about the dungeon and not fixes/additions (or lack thereof) and how people should or should not play this game.

Fair point!  

I have edited to title to be more specific to this intriguing dungeon which will apparently be part of the DAWN expansion.  The speculation is running rampant all over the forums!   Currently there are some players who theorize that the mist seen in the leaked screenshot is connected to the undead....

This could even be tied into the recently announced graveyard additions to the DAWN expansion.