Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game is what I've been looking for

TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

I didn't expect it to happen. I've played plenty of free trials lately without them hooking me. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool fantasy buff, with only a few forays into the likes of Asimov, Butler, and Heinlein. I cannot really get into FPS's or shooters of any type. The last real MMO I played with any kind of commitment was Warhammer Online. I loved how they styled the PvP in that game, and it let me pop on whenever my schedule permitted, get into some skirmishes, and then log out.

Global Agenda gives me that, too. This, more than anything else, is what has drawn me to the game, despite the sci-fi motif. Sure, I could go back to Warhammer (and I might down the road, who knows) but the graphics and visuals of GA are far and away more handsome and striking.

I'm not a enthusiastic crafter, but I enjoy doing it as downtime. GA has that. My disregard for FPS's seem to vanish as I sneak around a corner and unload a ballista shot into the rearguard of a resting enemy. The melee weapons, mines, and bombs round out the Recon's appeal to me.

I can see where playing it 24/7 reveals a certain lack of depth. I'm not blind to what GA is. But for a casual player like me, who has maybe a few scant hours a night to play, it has certainly engaged my attention by aligning extremely fun PvP with my off-and-on-again schedule.

I do wish the client was more stable, but I have a new gaming laptop coming in towards the end of the month, and I'm hopeful that alleviates this odd stuttering I experience here and there.

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

If you want to upgrade to elite agent before f2p hits, they are having a 50% off sale in their store.  It is 10$ with a coupon and is a one time purchase (hundreds of codes on their forums).  My system won't be able to run it for another week at the least, but I figured what the hell, it is only 10 bucks.

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

As an ex WAR player, I must say I absolutely love GA. PvP with jetpacks - can it get any better than that?

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by 5ubzer0

As an ex WAR player, I must say I absolutely love GA. PvP with jetpacks - can it get any better than that?

FYI the f2p gamers can NOT buy items from vendors-auction house, so the game is still p2p

i dont think that there is another f2p game that f2p players can't buy from vendors

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN

• Originally posted by defector1968

Originally posted by 5ubzer0

FYI the f2p gamers can NOT buy items from vendors-auction house, so the game is still p2p

i dont think that there is another f2p game that f2p players can't buy from vendors

You can buy from vendors, just not auction house.