Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most difficult game you've ever played

123457»

Comments

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

top 5

1: touhou

2: Prototype (hard) Diffculty)

3: dragon age (normal diff without pauses)

4: stalker of chernobyl (normal diffculty)

5: any strategy game.

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323

Don't know if these were mentioned but I hard time getting through them on the default difficulties.

1) Turok 2 (N64) this game was such a bitch, in some places there just isn't enough ammo to kill everything so you have to melee some of the enemies to death. That, and the levels were way to big that I got lost and spent more time looking for the exits I almost ended up breaking the damn controller.

2)Ikaruga (Dreamcast) yea...don't think I need to explain this one...

3)UN Squadron (SNES) Another side scroller shooters painful to get through all the way, the last boss was pretty difficult.

4)Space Megaforce (SNES) Hard diffculty is frickening insane

5)Axelay (SNES) Very Hard game on default settings but easily one of the coolest side scrolling shooters ever made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3F3l-SiN78

And of course Battletoads was just ridiculous

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• Killswitch34Killswitch34 Member Posts: 87

Battletoads.

Karasu Linkshell for Final fantasy 14 now accepting all members! Just head on over to karasuls.shivtr.com and apply now! Linkshell info is on the site. :)

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Risk against my family.....we played for blood!

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

For me it was metal gear solid. Being 11 years old at the time probably made it more difficult then it would be now but as far as my memory serves me it was the hardest game I've played.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Short-Straw

Risk against my family.....we played for blood!

Ya know,I was going to say Darkfall, but your right; Risk against family members.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

WATER TEMPLE - Ocorina of time

Train level on 007 agent difficulty.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Board games - Risk when I was in the Navy, some games lasted days. 

on console - The first resident evil game - using only the knife, some idiot told me it could be done and I tried until my eyes bled. 

PC - a tie for 2  EVE - because when I first tried it there was virtually no learning curve just a straight plummet down a cliff, I sat in my ship for 20 minutes just trying to figure out how to get it to move. Later I came to love it. 

ShadowBane was hard, not because of the game though the intense lag during city vs city battles was awe inspiring, I have never seen lag like it since.  No the hard part was the ganking.  We used to form two parties to farm mobs. 1 party to farm and 1 party to protect the farmers. Often both parties died.  Also there were major cities(guilds clans kins) that controlled the better farming areas and the minor cities  were in a bad oposition. Loved that game but it was hard to survive, oh yeah and there were resurrection points which would be camped by Gankers.  Sometimes the cycle would be die in battle, resurrect and die within a minute of leaving the resurrection site, resurrect, die, resurrect, die.. till they got bored killing you.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I nearly forgot,

the hardest game of all time will have to be, hands down no arguements, Life

we are lose at the end :P, with guarantee perma death and loot drops, with possible XP loss and griefing

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Easy, Battle Toads.  I don't even think that game has an ending because no one has ever beaten it lol!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Battletoads.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by viadi

one word : marriage you cant spell it without useing the word RAGE

winning!

a boy and his blob for the NES!

could never figure that #@&;$ out!

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by QuasiRain

Tadaaaaaa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua6pbz3ROvQ&feature=player_embedded

that made me lol

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

By no means the hardest of all time, but i'd say Risen is probably the hardest RPG i've played thats come out in the past 2-3 years.

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by Kaneth

I remember Dragon Warrior for the NES being hard, but that might be because I was 8 or 9 at the time. I still beat it though. I find RTS games hard cause I suck at micromanaging though :P

hehe...Dragon Warrior was my first RPG. Loved that game :) (not saying it was easy, it was not, but it was fun for me)

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.

• SizzzSizzz Member Posts: 61

Space Chem

This is a difficult game, (not most difficult), but the reason i mention it is that what i find is that the actual difficulty you have with some of the levels in the game which creates enjoyment, not just the sense of defeating the level. Which whenever games used difficulty this was the reason, but when playing the level the presented difficulty created a sense almost like an enemy or threat (although there no real enemies in the game its is design/puzzle based)

Most difficult game i played was a website which had a series of questions that to get to the next question you had to enter the correct answer, but the answers where obscure but on the internet SOMEWHERE. Cant remember the site though was while ago.

• travy9travy9 Member Posts: 6

Most recent demon's souls is pretty damn tough on certain bosses.. bad enough when you die you have to start all over again on that level.

• korrikenkorriken Member Posts: 40

If you want a challenge, try a Nippon Ichi game. none of them are easy.

while playing Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? I kept having flashbacks of Ghosts and Goblins. yes it actually IS that hard... on normal. then you got Hell's Finest difficulty to complete.

Prinny 2 is just as hard as Prinny 1.

What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord? was BRUTAL for a strategy type game, and strategy games tend to be pretty mean.

My lord 2 is slightly easier, No Heroes Allowed is no easier than 2.

Disgaea. ugh. all 3 of them are grueling.

Disgaea Infinite isn't really a game, its just a graphic novel of sorts, not even really canon, too many continuity issues, answers a few questions as to exactly "Why Laharl appears in pretty much every Nippon Ichi game".

Phantom Brave. while a bit easier than Disgaea is still pretty damned hard.

Not all of their games are dynamite on a disc, but most of them are. They have a healthy selection of games on the psp network if you got a psp.

Course, you more or less have to visit a "video game store" to find them. a lot of the bigger supermarket retailers like Walmart doesn't carry Nippon Ichi due to their small size *grumble*

Give em a try if you like it rough.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Starquest Online

Let me give you a small example with a segment of a tutorial slideshow i am making for the game.

Alliance Hand Scanner Tutorial

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"