Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faction System Needs New Life

Id like to think that in some expansion we may see some growth in the H vs A system the game is built around. It seems as though despite 3 huge expansions this area of the game has never realized any growth or creative development and is still based on the same foundation laid in vanilla. Id venture to guess that a lot of the pvp buffs would enjoy a change up or evolution and some of the retired accounts may find an interesting reason to come back. A few examples of what could possible work:

dropping the language barrier.  After X amount of years i think its feasible that characters could communicate with the opposing faction or even learn a language profession to some extent, doing this could introduce a political feel to the game and give guilds on opposing factions the ability to create grudges towards one another that evolve into some interesting server pvp conflicts. This could also open countless avenues for the the rp buffs in the game to coordinate in game activities between opposing factions.

The ability to defect from your faction and become factionless where world pvp doesn't differentiate between allies and foes based on their faction  and everyone is potentially a red target for you.

The ability to forge your own user created faction perhaps, or a third faction join-able by the horde and alliance vs the traditional factions.

The Ability for same faction guild leaders to flag each others guilds for world pvp against one another. Obviously this would have to be an activated ability between to guild leaders that want to have an enjoyable alternate world pvp experience perhaps introduced the same way a duel challenge between two player is done, guild leader A could challenge guild leader B to a guild war and if both accept all of those players contained in both guilds are then hostile towards one another until one guild leader calls off the duel.

anyways these are just a few of my thoughts i realize not everyone would agree with them, so maybe they could even implement a "neo pvp" server for people who do want something different while still keeping traditional players happy :)

does anyone have any other faction based ideas they would like to see implemented?

At the end of the game the king and pawn go into the same box.

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I've always thought it would be cool if the developers incorporated more of the RTS elements from Warcraft. When I first heard of World of Warcraft, I envisioned myself being one of the units in the RTS armies I used to play in the Warcraft games.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by XSomberlainX

never realized any growth or creative development and is still based on the same foundation laid in vanilla.

More like, still based on the same foundation laid twenty years ago in the first Warcraft.  Blizzard has a strong lore base built up and they don't really want to deviate from that.