It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've stated elsewhere that I can't wait to hear about when ArcheAge might come to NA. I've enjoyed Eastern games and this looks like it might be the best yet!
I'll be following this forum over the next several months. As more is revealed about this game, I have decided to make some predictions regarding the content of these forums.
My not-so-bold predictions of the ArcheAge forum for the next few months/years:
Threads will be flooded with the following topics:
People will post...
1. ... and complain about lack of PvE content since many in the NA consider housing/farming/crafting/gathering etc as side dishes to the real meal, which is dungeons/raids/pvp.
2. ...saying that it's too grindy since mmo's don't really start until level cap (amirite?) (OMG! There aren't enough quests! Lazy developers! It's another Asian grinder! QQQQ - you know this complaint is coming!)
3....and complain incessantly about the PvP: it's too imbalanced (cookie-cutter), it's too hardcore (favors people who have no life) or too carebear (favors people who could care less about being 'Pro'). Full looting? No looting? Partial looting? Alot of folks will be unhappy no matter what they end up doing.
4. ...saying that the economy favors gold farmers/botters etc. (Mat's cost how much?!?!? This game is just full of gold sinks!!!)
5. ... that It's a beautiful game with less than ideal movement and repetitive/uninteresting combat.
6. ... about how why they still can't find a good sandbox game and that XLGames sold out to get WoW money.
These are just a few predictions off the top of my head.
My question is this: shold we even try to convince western gamers that ArcheAge is more "Western" than other Eastern game or should we not even try?