Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New trailer revealed!!

13»

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I would go into debt to buy a new computer for this game.(from what I know so far)

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

This games going to be better than pong.

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Really cool preview.   I really hope they add alot to the ocean life.  It's one thing I found lacking in other MMOs i've played.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I love the concept of this game.

I hope it's not just an Asian Darkfall

Darkfall is an amazing game but it lacks meaningful PVE

I hope Archeage will have decent PvE as well as an awesome PvP

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Wow this thread has grown.

Heads-up to the people saying "there's no teleportation!" There might be in the future, but it will probably be limited to places you've already visited and it will probably cost quite a bit of money.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by MarkJW
    Heads-up to the people saying "there's no teleportation!" There might be in the future, but it will probably be limited to places you've already visited and it will probably cost quite a bit of money.

I doubt they will add actual teleportation.

AT best most likely some sort of transport(public ship or flying thing getting you to another place, etc) system between some places and quite costly and would most likely need to be somehow achieved(built?) by players who want to use it. J.Song talks way too much about the whole "exploring, vastness of world and old-school traveling" and etc, to actually allow adding the usual waypoint teleporters.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

Originally posted by Yuui

AT best most likely some sort of transport(public ship or flying thing getting you to another place, etc) system between some places and quite costly and would most likely need to be somehow achieved(built?) by players who want to use it. J.Song talks way too much about the whole "exploring, vastness of world and old-school traveling" and etc, to actually allow adding the usual waypoint teleporters.

I really hope they don't cave and change that. I like limited teleportation, like EQ originally had (limited to only wizard and druid).

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

I really hope they don't cave and change that. I like limited teleportation, like EQ originally had (limited to only wizard and druid).

Oh I think there will be some teleportation. The type that Mark mentions makes sense.

I'm all for exploring the world and even having a sense of the world through actual travel. As opposed to porting from one place to another which completely destroys  the sense of the World.

However,  in order to make the game feasible to play "some" porting will be needed.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

That's understandable :)

The only disappointing thing to me in that trailer is the quest hubs. Here's to hoping it's not as bad as Rift.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

I'm totally turned on for this game.

"Unprecendented in History" - Strong words !!  I'm not religious, but I'll pray a little that those words are true.

I have the money, and a spanky new 7 core rig.  Gimme the game NAO!!

~Wolf

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Oh I think there will be some teleportation. The type that Mark mentions makes sense.

I'm all for exploring the world and even having a sense of the world through actual travel. As opposed to porting from one place to another which completely destroys  the sense of the World.

However,  in order to make the game feasible to play "some" porting will be needed.

Teleporting is fine ONLY if you unlock it. So if your a level 1 newb on a trial account, you won't have access to entire world to broadcast your stupid gold sales. Making teleportation cost coin to use is not enough to stop gold sellers.

I don't believe anyone said anything about gold sellers.

Though there is no argument from me in that any porting should be unlocked.

As far as gold sellers, there are always going to be gold sellers where there are buyers. A strong gm presence within the game can help with the spamming.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Alot has one gripe for this: combat.

And since combat is the most present activity in almost every MMORPG, hrmph...

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Originally posted by Alot

Alot has one gripe for this: combat.

And since combat is the most present activity in almost every MMORPG, hrmph...

I highly doubt ArcheAge is licensing CryEngine3 for simplistic combat, but I could be wrong. As for the video, I agree it does look dull, but what do we know about the video? Could be a low level character vs. a low level mob. I agree with you, combat is a huge part of MMOs and was a major turn off for me with SW:ToR but ToR is coming around with improved animations and combat speed.

Then I believe we disagree on the improved combat speed and animations department of SW:ToR for now. 

In my opnion, the transition between different animations looks smooth but they look stiff/static. And about the combat speed: there was quite some flaming from the SW:ToR fanboys on the official forums as a reaction to a PCGamer review of the SW:ToR UK Community Event where the reviewer stated that the time required to kill a mob (the combat speed) felt slow.

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

I really want to see this game make it but some of the things the guys are saying about Tencent > ROFL. Their like the biggest game stealers/copy-paste-slap-a-new-title-on-it devs in the world.

BUT... I wish them luck with this. That cry engine is pretty sweet!

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Originally posted by Maaku

I really want to see this game make it but some of the things the guys are saying about Tencent > ROFL. Their like the biggest game stealers/copy-paste-slap-a-new-title-on-it devs in the world.

BUT... I wish them luck with this. That cry engine is pretty sweet!

Why not? I really hope that ArcheAge will copy elements from Ultima Online, Lineage and WoW...as J.Song promised!

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Tencent is only publishing ArcheAge. Tencent isn't developing ArcheAge. XLGAMES is developing ArcheAge.

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Looks great, cant wait to play this game.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul