Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the old players with grudges ever going to go away?

comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

All you ever see on forums is people who used to play before Gipat patch bringing up arguments against playing this game that have been resolved for months. Fair enough you got screwed, sucks to be you, please stop trying to drive off new players because there are quite a lot of us playing this at the moment that want the game to grow.

- PoPs are free now, so there are no more curses upon death (unless you're an idiot and don't equip them, but you deserve it in that case)

- Incense can either be had through an instant quests that gives you 4hrs free a day, or through a 15 minute quest that gives you a 24hr buff, so basically it's free too

- the cash shop sells vanity items and elixirs, oh and things to speed to up your levelling and ship building. That's it

- the population is still low enough (I play on the European serveres, might be different elsewhere) but it's growing pretty well the past months, even if some people really don't want it to....

- Astral battles are awesome and are a massive feature of this game

So new players, please check it out and see what you think, old players could you please just not bother logging in to Allods threads to bad mouth it any more? You don't like it, fine, but why are you still looking for Allods threads months later?

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Astral battles are awesome? Really? How many ships have you destroyed or looted with your crew? If you own a ship that isn't equipped directly throuh the cash shop you'll be owned in a way that's not even remotely funny. Most sectors will be off-limits. Have you been in astral at all?

The way you overlook runes makes me think that you're still a good deal away from level cap. I still play the game after not having found a decent replacement in the few months I was away. I doubt the coming patch will really get the fire burning again. And telling it how it is, that's all I do. I don't hate Allods Online, it just used to be soooo much better than this.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

i came on like last month and there's still the same bugs since last year or CB.  unless you are telling me dead sea is bug free now.  if i remember correctly, there's a whole quest chain bugged.  the npc is up in the air!

Are the GM's and game developers ever going to stop trying to tell us this game is great when it isn't?

are they gonna stop telling you it's completely free when it isn't?

• LianaLiana Member Posts: 15

I have to agree with OP, game's great now with all the new updates and patches on the horizon and the ones that has been released already.

The population and servers is growing in a large pace in the past 3 or so months, on the Russian servers at least. During the day and evening most of them are at about 75-95% capacity.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Just one question, does it still take 1 min to kill a mob for a lvl 8 scout (or ranger, forgot what the class is called)?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by Liana
    I have to agree with OP, game's great now with all the new updates and patches on the horizon and the ones that has been released already.
    The population and servers is growing in a large pace in the past 3 or so months, on the Russian servers at least. During the day and evening most of them are at about 75-95% capacity.

Well with CS prices in the NA version being about 10 times that of the Russian servers I can tell you that those servers are no where near full capacity. Nezeb used to get to medium load from time to time, but it's been a while since I've seen that happen. Low load is the norm around here. I'm sure it would be the same, if not worse, on Russian servers with prices like they have over here. Killed by greedy Cash Shop, doesn't look like it'll ever recover. Not holding my breath for next patch (lvl 47) to start over yet again and have our lvl 40 legends replaced by lvl 43 blues...

so the russian version doesn't have glitches? 

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Well what my understanding from zam is that this game will be Officail come April 26th. Maybe we will see some improved servers and some of the gameplay fxed. This game if fun i think people need to give this game a chance. You can find items you need at the ah so its not like you need the cash shop all the time. This game to me looks like its going to be a work to win instead of pay to win. Its going to be interesting.

Edgar F Greenwood

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Robokapp

players who got screwed are screwing back. what's not fair about this?

This man says the truth.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by huskerman34
    *snip* This game to me looks like its going to be a work to win instead of pay to win. Its going to be interesting.

It can be seriously fun at first, then it, well..., changes.
    If you're trying to play this game without paying, know that you can find yourself working 16 hours a day for a max of about 5 dollars worth of Gpots at end game (if you ever get those high level runes that allow you to do so). Suppose you don't mind earning far less than a dollar a day. Know that others have been survey farming, earning them up to several hundred dollars worth of Gpots per day when they wanted to. Know that the players you'll be trying to catch up to have been playing this game for over a year.
    I have only one advice for you: play it while it's fun. If it starts feeling like a job more than you're comfortable with, then look elsewhere because you won't be getting where you want to be without substantial input into the cash shop.

well i still log on everyday for the housemaids cos i still have a few friends there.

I  think you missing the point here, its a f2p item based cash shop. Youre getting all the free content and items you do need are accessible at the ah. The cash shop is just another option. Turbine plays out that way with there games thought there cash shop focuses more on content then items. i think when people see the word free that they automatically think you can get everything under the sun for free. Be thankful that you didnt have to pay for content and items too. People who were pissed off will slowly start to come back.

Edgar F Greenwood

*snip*  People who were pissed off will slowly start to come back.

Somehow I doubt that. When 3 quarters of your population quits over a patch tuning your free-to-play game into an over-monetized forced-to-pay game you know you've taken a crippling blow. Really recovering from something like that is something no game has done before, as far as I know at least. Even when much of the things people quit over have been removed or softened, very few are returning. It's been what, 8 months since the "Gipat-incident"? If you think people are just biding their time to come back, think again. There is way too much competition out there for players to risk a second kick where it hurts.

If you've blattantly and repeatedly lied to your player base, very few will be willing to give you a second chance. And with 8 months of little to no recovery, don't be surprised when (if?) this little gem loses its shine and crumbles. Russians are more likely to like a game developed in Russia. The player base has been largely restored there, but their prices are also about a tenth of NA prices. They still have a long way to go if they want to save Allods NA, maybe too long.

Originally posted by Yaruna

*snip*  People who were pissed off will slowly start to come back.

Somehow I doubt that. When 3 quarters of your population quits over a patch tuning your free-to-play game into an over-monetized forced-to-pay game you know you've taken a crippling blow. Really recovering from something like that is something no game has done before, as far as I know at least. Even when much of the things people quit over have been removed or softened, very few are returning. It's been what, 8 months since the "Gipat-incident"? If you think people are just biding their time to come back, think again. There is way too much competition out there for players to risk a second kick where it hurts.

If you've blattantly and repeatedly lied to your player base, very few will be willing to give you a second chance. And with 8 months of little to no recovery, don't be surprised when (if?) this little gem loses its shine and crumbles. Russians are more likely to like a game developed in Russia. The player base has been largely restored there, but their prices are also about a tenth of NA prices. They still have a long way to go if they want to save Allods NA, maybe too long.

Dude i hate to  break it to you. Allods is far from going anywhere. This game is strong and much alive. The store has improved alot. I look at it like this the people who got upset and left so be it , there will always be new adventurers. As far as the cash shop you trolls kept whining about, its no different than turbines except  its item based. Be thank ful  you didnt have to pay for content. I think Gpotato was pretty fair and has listend to its fanbase.  I think people troll this game way too much.  So people who wants to play this game should give it a try and ignore the wow trollers.

Edgar F Greenwood

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

Well all i can say is u still can lvl to lvl42 if u do some offers or something like that. The real thing and which is made me quit this game for ever is the runes system and thats another story. the game itself could be better if it was a monthly fee game.First it will grow bigger just like WoW and RIFT and other monthly pay MMORPG.Second thing is they ruined it with the patch of Gipat and i was there when the patch came up online, and thats another thing that made most of the players quit, for me, I decide to delete all my chars, after 1 month i returned to test it again, and i found u can lvl up to lvl42 if u have like 4k GP in ur pocket.Third thing which is really want me to say it the runes system made the game SUCKS sorry for saying that, why sucks? A: cuz instead having skills or good gear u can pump runes into ur green or blue gear and u can beat a lvl42 well geard with epic and legend gear without runes, and i decide to play WoW sure u going to laugh but in WoW is all about gear and skills and it is cheaper camper to CS game. So the main thing that made allods sucks is the CS and little QQers on forums who ruined a good game anyway if any1 say iam a pro in allods he is just another stupid person to me to countinue playing such game that dose not give the player the true meaning of having skills in RPG.for the end i hope allods gets better and everybody will be happy after all it is only a freaking game so stfu and enjoy while it last like i did ^_^ peace out.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I no longer hold a grudge against this game.  The developers are obviously making fixes to its past issues, such as making the holy charms free, and the upcoming patch makes incense only necessary to access certain spells and increase resistance to control skills.  I would say that soon, there will be no reason to hold a grudge against this game, and old players will come back and play in an instant.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• bfpiercelkbfpiercelk Member UncommonPosts: 47

This is mmorpg.com, home of jaded mmorpg players, they aren't going anywhere.

There's still an active forum for the people who still haven't gotten over the SWG CU lol...

That being said, i've been coming here for years and reading posts to get insight into games, and honestly if you just go to one forum and decide based on that opinion whether or not to play a game you aren't really going to get an idea of what the game is like. It's freaking free, try it out if you want to. Don't if you don't.

lol i suppose it doesn't hurt to try if you have infinite quota unlike people like me in australia.

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

ok I played Allods from first day of OPEN Beta until Gipat patch myself and then I came back after CHOMP and SADIE were "no longer with allods" hehehe

first thing I'd like to say is for all of you complaining about the old players who are mad, myself included, who wont stop complaining.

YOU should be thankful that we didn't stop complaining! why? because if it wasn't for us complaining then Gpot wouldn't have pushed for the changes you are now seeing such as incense free, charms free and so forth..  The things we complained about got changes made so STFU and thank us for not wanting to stand for a greedy azz company who tried to rip off their customer base....

the thing is when you were as deep into the game and connected with the GM team as much as someone like me was then one of two things occured.

1. you love allods so much you don't care what Gpotato did or is doing you just want to see the game continue. (blind to reality)

2. you saw how greedy and how much Gpotato lied to their customer base and turned a "completely free to play" game into FORCED to Pay to play and couldn't stand the underneath hypocrasy and scams against a customer base.

ok to all of you idiots who state well a company has to make money... you can just shove it up your pie hole.. We are not stupid a company does have to make money but not by deciet and lies and manipulating the customer base to push forced cash shop items down peoples throats.

For instance LotRo offers free to play and you can earn in game via quests turbine points to buy anything from the cash shop.

you can also have the choice of paying monthly to have almost everything available.

Allods totally screwed their customers and then punished anyone who openly spoke the truth about it on their forums and NOW Nephy is trying to act like She didn't do anything and that Nobody ever was wrongfully treated... BULL CRAP she was one of the main people on their forums who gave infractions for speaking of Quotes that GM Chomp and Sadie gave out PioPico even had to get some peoples accounts reinstated because she wrongfully banned them...

so the BULL Crap lies are still continueing even though the game is great the company you retards are supporting needs to be sued and prosecuted for false advertisement and bate and switch illegal things they did during Gipat and some things they are still doing...

JUST Because you don't know of certain details does not mean it isn't true or just because it didn't happen to you personally doesn't mean it has not happened.

So yes ALLODS is an amazing game but Gpotato is probably one of the worst companys in the world and needs to be shut down.

By you continueing to play the game shows you support the business that runs it and they are unethical so what does that say about you?  NA does not live like communists we are a country use to "customer satisfaction"

I have spent real money on Allods to support it before I learned first hand how corrupt the company is now they can burn in hell.

It's cool that you're self righteous enough to stand up for what you "think" you are entitled to, and if I had dealt with what had occured I might have the same opinion.

"By you continueing to play the game shows you support the business that runs it and they are unethical so what does that say about you?  NA does not live like communists we are a country use to "customer satisfaction""

This right here though is a bunch of BS. I don't support the business by playing the game, I support the business if I end up spending real money in the process, which I have yet to do. Nor have I seen anything in the cash shop I would have to buy at all in fact, seems like it's mostly want items. Maybe that changes at endgame, but those at endgame actually playing the game currently seem to disagree...

Sounds more like you're just a Jade player thinking you're going to "get back at those evil bastards!". Is your agenda really to improve how companies bahave? Or is it just something to make you feel better?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im a new player to allods (highest lvl toon is 9) and i do want allods to grow and get better and better... i really like it although i realize gpotato is greedy.... in my opinion allods is the best looking wow clone out there and i love it... but i wont spend money on cash shop ever (thats why i also play higher quality sub based games)

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by bfpiercelk

It's cool that you're self righteous enough to stand up for what you "think" you are entitled to, and if I had dealt with what had occured I might have the same opinion.

"By you continueing to play the game shows you support the business that runs it and they are unethical so what does that say about you?  NA does not live like communists we are a country use to "customer satisfaction""

This right here though is a bunch of BS. I don't support the business by playing the game, I support the business if I end up spending real money in the process, which I have yet to do. Nor have I seen anything in the cash shop I would have to buy at all in fact, seems like it's mostly want items. Maybe that changes at endgame, but those at endgame actually playing the game currently seem to disagree...

Sounds more like you're just a Jade player thinking you're going to "get back at those evil bastards!". Is your agenda really to improve how companies bahave? Or is it just something to make you feel better?

lol ignorance is bliss eh?  Maybe go play a few more games and learn more about real life and how support and encouragment works then comment but in honesty end game is where its at and Runes are what you need to compete.

Bag space and other luxury items are not needed.

That being said this isn't the only company on the market running F2P games infact there are many others that aren't being so under handed and lieing to the customer base. 

playing a game, logging into a game, supports the game no matter if you think it does or doesn't, the GM's take count each month if not each week on population on the servers and if you logged in you added to the SUPPORT... once again ignorance is bliss..

I've worked in the industry and I've seen people get taken advantage of if you don't feel like supporting the right cause then let those of us who do stand up for what is right.

the things this company has done and continue to do is simply wrong. the game is amazing and has HUGE potential but with idiots who keep thinking it'll get better under the same company your blinding yourself to the reality of how business works.

Gpotato was shown they couldn't get away with it since the majority of their customer base LEFT and because of this they were forced to make the changes they promised and denied for a long time.

if you test other games on the market such as LotRo you can see how broken Allods is under its current management.

I think I just realized that trying to reason on simple logic with someone who argues a point that makes no sense is pointless...

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by phigety

ok I played Allods from first day of OPEN Beta until Gipat patch myself and then I came back after CHOMP and SADIE were "no longer with allods" hehehe

first thing I'd like to say is for all of you complaining about the old players who are mad, myself included, who wont stop complaining.

YOU should be thankful that we didn't stop complaining! why? because if it wasn't for us complaining then Gpot wouldn't have pushed for the changes you are now seeing such as incense free, charms free and so forth..  The things we complained about got changes made so STFU and thank us for not wanting to stand for a greedy azz company who tried to rip off their customer base....

the thing is when you were as deep into the game and connected with the GM team as much as someone like me was then one of two things occured.

1. you love allods so much you don't care what Gpotato did or is doing you just want to see the game continue. (blind to reality)

2. you saw how greedy and how much Gpotato lied to their customer base and turned a "completely free to play" game into FORCED to Pay to play and couldn't stand the underneath hypocrasy and scams against a customer base.

ok to all of you idiots who state well a company has to make money... you can just shove it up your pie hole.. We are not stupid a company does have to make money but not by deciet and lies and manipulating the customer base to push forced cash shop items down peoples throats.

For instance LotRo offers free to play and you can earn in game via quests turbine points to buy anything from the cash shop.

you can also have the choice of paying monthly to have almost everything available.

Allods totally screwed their customers and then punished anyone who openly spoke the truth about it on their forums and NOW Nephy is trying to act like She didn't do anything and that Nobody ever was wrongfully treated... BULL CRAP she was one of the main people on their forums who gave infractions for speaking of Quotes that GM Chomp and Sadie gave out PioPico even had to get some peoples accounts reinstated because she wrongfully banned them...

so the BULL Crap lies are still continueing even though the game is great the company you retards are supporting needs to be sued and prosecuted for false advertisement and bate and switch illegal things they did during Gipat and some things they are still doing...

JUST Because you don't know of certain details does not mean it isn't true or just because it didn't happen to you personally doesn't mean it has not happened.

So yes ALLODS is an amazing game but Gpotato is probably one of the worst companys in the world and needs to be shut down.

By you continueing to play the game shows you support the business that runs it and they are unethical so what does that say about you?  NA does not live like communists we are a country use to "customer satisfaction"

I have spent real money on Allods to support it before I learned first hand how corrupt the company is now they can burn in hell.

Arrogant much?

People protested and got the game to change by leaving...silently enmasse.  Simple as that.  Your sanctimonious, self righteous mouthings did nothing because you are NOT the bulk of the population. 

I have more respect and regard for those  that made their feelings known about the direction of a game on the forum politely before leaving.  Massive QQ and "oh arent I the hero" just makes companies go deaf because they deal with arrogant little johnsons like that every day, probably in the hundreds if not thousands. 

YOU did NOT cause change.  YOU just shouted garbage loudly to people who didn't listen or care.  The % drop in server population is what changed things.  The person who posted "I am leaving because..." before logging off for good changed things.  NOT a jumped up little child like you.

Finally, when you talk about this game, do us all a favour and mention which version you are the saviour of, otherwise to quote you STFU and keep quiet idiot. 

As for the old players with grudges?  If its re the EU version, I haven't encountered them.  If they exist then they should review the game again especially after the 11/5/11 when a majour update takes place.

"Maybe go play a few more games and learn more about real life and how support and encouragment works then comment but in honesty end game is where its at and Runes are what you need to compete"

Your arrogance shows pretty clearly here. Do you know how many games I've played? Been playing MMO's since EQ, got a loooong list ot titles under my belt. Enough to realize that there are tons of self righteous entitled players like your self out there to wade through in order to have any "fun". Ingame I've heard people say Runes are:

a.) Not as huge a difference as people may claim.

b.) They drop so you don't actually have to spend gpots to get them, maybe it takes longer, that's what you're paying for. Convenience.

Are you trying to tell me charging for convenience is wrong? Get over yourself lol. You get charged for convenience every time you log into a subbed MMO, but there you have to actually spend time(and sometimes great quantities of it) to get those items rather than just buy them.

And as far as "oh company 1 charges X and company 2 charges Y and X > Y so company 1 are bastards!" argument is so idiotic I can't even begin to touch on it because it reeks of a total feeling of entitlement on the players part, but here goes. They charge what people are willing to pay, if they arn't willing to pay it that price will come down. Pretty simple economics really...

"playing a game, logging into a game, supports the game no matter if you think it does or doesn't, the GM's take count each month if not each week on population on the servers and if you logged in you added to the SUPPORT... once again ignorance is bliss.."

Well I was speaking on financial support, but I get what you're saying. However it was this "lack" of numbers when the changes hit that told the company these weren't changes the community wanted. It wasn't your whiny/ranty posts on the forums that probably got you and others banned over there that opened their eyes. Which it seems this banning of players is what's got you mostly agitated...

"the things this company has done and continue to do is simply wrong"

The death penalty thing I agree was pretty crappy, and probably the one single thing that pushed people out the door. But what are they doing now that's wrong? You claim you're using logic but all you're doing is making vague claims with no substance...