Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another reason why Eve rocks.

VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
You can put EVE in windowed mode and play online poker while your cruising around space.

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Until you run into the ebil pirates that gank your bumm while you are playing that great hand... ::::04::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by loeslein
    You can put EVE in windowed mode and play online poker while your cruising around space.

Yeah...another reason why EVE begun to suck! This afk-ness needs to be removed from EVE....along with many others !
  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Alkatraz
    Originally posted by loeslein You can put EVE in windowed mode and play online poker while your cruising around space.Yeah...another reason why EVE begun to suck! This afk-ness needs to be removed from EVE....along with many others !

I was ruminating on this topic (AFK) the other night, when I put my ship on autopilot and jumped through 14 systems whilst doing my ironing. I do find it odd, that I can play EVE Online and then go AFK a lot of the time? Is this FUN? Well, actually, YES! If you go AFK - either mining or autopilot on an agent mission - the risk is there that by the time that you return to the game, your ship could be recycled and your biomass could be in someone's cargo hold.

However, I do concede the point that a lot of the times, some activity in MMOGs is simply a timesink and quite, quite dull. I'd rather take this lesser of two evils than have either everything instanced or everything action based all the time. At least in EVE, going AFK is not risk free.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• morpheus1942morpheus1942 Member Posts: 6

Ok first of all. i have been playing eve for about 2 years now. I red all this negativaty and felt like i had to talk.

Eve is a great game from my views.
    You have to get into a corp and start to socialize to make it fun. Myself have had my time in the pirating and am now back to a more calm life and is helping noobs.

Its not about making isk liek other games. Its actualy just about pressing your own and your corp or maybe even alliance their rights. You need to fight for freedom and justice for your people and be good to your friends and allies. You have to be willing to sacrefise yourself and your biggest ship for them then it gets intresting.

at the beggining i was a miner but got bored. then my corp started to fight against big alliances. losing ofcourse but taking down as much as possible. Then i was in foe alliance where the fleet opses were especialy fun.

I like it and it rocks. And if any new guy wants some help feel free to add and contact the char: Morpheus Minmatar.

Try it before you break it.

And for the afk thing. the making fun part is when you play active. the afkness is your own damn faulth (sorry for the cursing if their was any).

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by loeslein

I used to study while my ship travelled ^^

• Triple_BlackTriple_Black Member Posts: 39
    I too play Eve while finishing my degree online through the University opf Pheonix.  It has allowed me to paly and work at the same time!!

• HardinHardin Member Posts: 70

I haven't afked in EVE since the first months of the game (2 years ago)... Why? Because I have a fook load of war enemies looking to kill me either in Empire or in 0.0.

AFK = Suicide for me

Amarr Victor

• AndorasAndoras Member Posts: 12
    I like the graphics. The planets and nebula are just breath taking
  • blucommunistblucommunist Member Posts: 73

Ahhh

Yeah...Can't go afk anymore...unless I'm hiding in a really really empty quatrent...OR its late at night then I can get away with it..

But when you come out of wormholes...you need to do a 180 to check your back for ganks...

"Despite what they tell you the original RAY's is on 7th ave."

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

Muhahhaa I just recovered my old account from 2 years ago- HE STILL HAS A 95k bounty on his head MUHAHAHA!!! WATCH OUT FOR "eC Cade"!!!!!

PS: Bluecommunist- Nice banner!

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

You can play poker for isk here..

http://venturecorp.e-games.com/

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by loeslein You can put EVE in windowed mode and play online poker while your cruising around space.Yeah...another reason why EVE begun to suck! This afk-ness needs to be removed from EVE....along with many others !

what would you rather be doing? killing goblins? i prefer the afk timesink in eve over the grind timesink in other games.

Originally posted by pirrg

what would you rather be doing? killing goblins? i prefer the afk timesink in eve over the grind timesink in other games.

If u can afford to run afk 5 jumps then u haven't tasted yet the best eve has to offer, wich is pvp...so if u thought u had the time of ur life in eve so far i would sugest to rethink ur playing style lol....u might have some real fun from time to time::::28::

Originally posted by Triple_Black
    I too play Eve while finishing my degree online through the University opf Pheonix.  It has allowed me to paly and work at the same time!!

U really think u were playing ? It's sad .....

• MuddeMudde Member Posts: 53

Each MMORPG is made up of a varied base of players.

Each player has his or her own style of play. Good MMORPGs take this into consideration.

Just because someone enjoys a different style of gameplay does not make their style inferior.

Any one person's payment for game-services-rendered is just as good as another's.

My name is...

What would u belive about a game if a person comes and tells u that the game is wonderfull and fun and yet he spends half of his gaming time doing completly other things outside the game universe...?

I know i would never ever touch that kind of game...but it's just me....

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

What would u belive about a game if a person comes and tells u that the game is wonderfull and fun and yet he spends half of his gaming time doing completly other things outside the game universe...?I know i would never ever touch that kind of game...but it's just me....

So quit? I mean, you're here trying to bash everyone that enjoys the game, and all it looks like is you're a disgruntled punk. If you didn't like the game, fine.

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

...but it's just me....

Exactly ...

I am here to bash every geek that will get himself poded oneday and scream NERF on eve forums just because he can't keep he's eyes from playing all other things while playing eve...

I am here to bash every idiot that came to eve and started whining and whining endlessly till the devs finaly gave in and made their lazy playing style more confortable and fucked up eve a bit more....

I am here to advise people that eve isn't for every1...and if u like to play poker while playing eve then eve is not for u and u'll better be playing something else....

And yes i am that kind of punk that loved eve the way it was one and a half years ago....untill all the whining lazy generation invaded tranquility

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

funnily enough it was around the time EnB shut down...

I agree with those thoughts, but at the same time I don't think there is any need to 'bash' potential players. I'm hopeful that the dev's have realised that the direction they took was the wrong one and are seeking to address the balance with the NWO and the blog regarding instas.

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

Originally posted by _myko
    funnily enough it was around the time EnB shut down...

WORD::::28::

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Seriously, who else would you gank in a megathron with 7x Miner II's and 4x local hull xpanders when they bounce off of your spunk bubble and start complaining that there was a bug because their BM's did not function properly. LMAO, I can't believe that nub actualy petitioned it.

Anyways, EVE is good, yeah, got alot of whiners, but a hell of alot less than other games I've played. Besides, not everyone can't pvp in this game or else the whole economy would break down. What would happen if you had no one to declare war on and rob them off all those modules they've been accumalating ?

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

I am here to bash every geek that will get himself poded oneday and scream NERF on eve forums just because he can't keep he's eyes from playing all other things while playing eve...I am here to bash every idiot that came to eve and started whining and whining endlessly till the devs finaly gave in and made their lazy playing style more confortable and fucked up eve a bit more....I am here to advise people that eve isn't for every1...and if u like to play poker while playing eve then eve is not for u and u'll better be playing something else....And yes i am that kind of punk that loved eve the way it was one and a half years ago....untill all the whining lazy generation invaded tranquility

Fair enough, I have to agree with most of your points. However, whining about whiners doesn't really accomplish anything. You just have to adapt your style, it's still well worth playing - especially compared to most of the other games on the market but I do understand why people would quit with the current forum whining trends in games. Oh well, I'm still enjoying myself.

Why should i be forced to adapt?....2 years ago i've started playing a game and i expect to keep playing the same game....as long as the new commers will understand the basic rulles of this game and not try to change into a EQ clone i will be happy....unfortunately the all mighty dollar has the last word and CCP is trying to please the lazy fanatasy crowd wich this game was not designed for in the first place...

Why should i be forced to adapt?....2 years ago i've started playing a game and i expect to keep playing the same game....as long as the new commers will understand the basic rulles of this game and not try to change into a EQ clone i will be happy....unfortunately the all mighty dollar has the last word and CCP is trying to please the lazy fanatasy crowd wich this game was not designed for in the first place...

I said adapt IF you want to keep playing, if you don't and would rather pine for the "glory days" that's fine as well. I just don't understand what changes they have pulled on us that appeases the "lazy fantasy crowd"? Like I said, it's still well worth playing, but if you'd rather spend your time pissing and moaning on forums about how great it used to be, be my guest.