Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are guys playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

That's right. I went there. You can't have one without the other.

By hotter, I mean in all aspects, not just looks.

I personally would rather have a guy who plays MMO's over a Guy who doesn't. Regardless of looks. Not to say I don't have preferences and standards, but it's easier to see myself attracted to a gamer rather than some uppity/in your face, drama queen, even if the gamer may not be as "hott" as the other.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

Comments

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

I play MMOs and I have to say, I am quite hot.

• UncleDogUncleDog Member Posts: 7

I do not think a particular "look" goes with the "Gamer", but attitude? I can see a small patten, once you get past the trolls, mental cases, over zealous "hit on you because you are (or play) a girl" guy... sure, there are a lot of nice, social and genuine people playing mmos. Perhaps having a similar desire in entertainment and recreation is the trigger for your affection/attraction?

Personally, I think most gamers are average looking, with severe social issues... like me!

Dude, It's just a game.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Zolgar

I personally would rather have a guy who plays MMO's over a Guy who doesn't. Regardless of looks. Not to say I don't have preferences and standards, but it's easier to see myself attracted to a gamer rather than some uppity/in your face, drama queen, even if the gamer may not be as "hott" as the other.

I lol'd image

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

Mum sez I'm the most handsome boy in the world. So it must be true.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

You wouldn't think so if you looked at my group of gaming friends.

BTW Zolgar, post a picture of yours. I want to see how much of a hottie you are.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
  • Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Exilor

BTW Zolgar, post a picture of yours. I want to see how much of a hottie you are.

This really made me lol

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

LMAO. That's made my morning.

Anyways that's me. Not the studdliest guy on the man train, but I consider myself lucky to live the lifestyle I do (fatty foods and hours upon hours of gaming) and keep myself around ~170lbs.

I think it's all about monitoring ones self and being able to say enough is enough. Which a lot of guys have issues with (particularly the gaming crowd). Maybe some of us game more when we feel unnattractive and would rather deal with a virtual world rather than a real one, and it just exacerbates the problem.

I know I've sort of steered away from "are guys that play mmo's hott!?!?" but I feel it's relevant to the reasons why they aren't in some cases.

LMAO. That's made my morning.

Anyways that's me. Not the studdliest guy on the man train, but I consider myself lucky to live the lifestyle I do (fatty foods and hours upon hours of gaming) and keep myself around ~170lbs.

I think it's all about monitoring ones self and being able to say enough is enough. Which a lot of guys have issues with (particularly the gaming crowd). Maybe some of us game more when we feel unnattractive and would rather deal with a virtual world rather than a real one, and it just exacerbates the problem.

I know I've sort of steered away from "are guys that play mmo's hott!?!?" but I feel it's relevant to the reasons why they aren't in some cases.

You could use some sun.

And so could I.

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203

This is gay

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by valun

This is gay

I second that... 

You could use some sun.

And so could I.

I have a a type of Porphyria that causes all sorts of stuff to go wrong on my skin (and it also affects my nervous system) so I have to be careful about going outside, which I tend to avoid in the Spring/Summer. So I'll never end up being anything other than super pale. That's pretty much what turned me into the kind of gamer I am today. Spend so much time in doors, single player games don't last me as long, so I just picked up MMO's.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

If by hotter you mean more prone to ignore you because of the game, then yes they are.

So be careful dating a guy that plays regularly a MMO.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

The hookup website, Facebook, is that way --------->

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

• HunterhyenaHunterhyena Member Posts: 91

Bad question because people's appearance doesn't change depending on if they play MMOS and playing MMOs doesn't change someone's appearance. Any random person can look any random way.

I do find lots of MMO players have beards though ^_^

hehehe,hahahahaHAHAHAHA

laughing Hyena, get used to it -_-

Originally posted by Gardavil2

The hookup website, Facebook, is that way --------->

Not my intentions. There was another thread, same title, but girls instead of guys. I feel guys though are more relevant to this type of discussion because when you think of a nerdy (mmo)gamer, usually you think of a skinny pale guy with glasses, or an overwheight slob with no life in his mothers basement. So it's more or less a discussion of male gamer stereotypes, and would people be willing to look past them/deal with them to be with someone with the same interests.

Heh if it was a girl scanning her tits you would be begging for more.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

There's hot and ugly people everywhere..

There are beautiful and ugly people playing games..

There's also beautiful and ugly people who dont touch games at all..

with 8+ billion people on this planet,anyone will be into anything,regardless of what they look like.

Originally posted by tank017

There's hot and ugly people everywhere..

There are beautiful and ugly people playing games and not playing games..

There's also beautiful and ugly people who dont touch games at all..

with 8+ billion people on this planet,anyone will be into anything,regardless of what they look like.

I couldn't agree more.

I more or less wanted to expand on that, and discuss the male gamer in different aspects as well. More than just, "You think guys who plays games iz hott!?"

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Every person at work just looked at me disapprovingly because I just cracked up.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at any thread in my life. This has certainly made my day! Thx!

I more or less wanted to expand on that, and discuss the male gamer in different aspects as well. More than just, "You think guys who plays games iz hott!?"

Which aspects of the male gamer you'd like to discuss then?

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

I have a feeling this thread will:

1) become the same troll bait thread that appears on almost every mmo server forum where ppl post rl pics (usually of thier better looking friend) to prove a point and everyone else makes lewd/rude/etc comments about it (thereby causing more pics to be posted to back it up, causing more off color posts, and so on and so on)

2) be ignored after page 4 and die like so many "omfg [movie of the month] would make a badass mmo" threads.

3) be revealed as a social experiment to see how many of us fat bastards will reply to defend our fast food chowing, cola guzzling gamer fat ass sexahness.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

lol I was under the impression that OP was a girl asking about guys, so I was like:

:)

Then I saw the photo and my face went:

:|

So I scroll'd my back to the first post and looked the question again and went:

:o

Now I finished reading the thread and I was like:

xD

Finish posting this and I am:

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.