Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aspereta!

New MMORPG - Aspereta!

http://www.aspereta.com

Give it a try!

Comments

• FinbarFinbar Member UncommonPosts: 187

Hrmm the graphics are.. great. Here is a little tip.

If you are going to go around to forums and advertise your basement created game that you and a couple friends made, thats fine. However you should at least wait until it actually has something worth looking at. As it stands I would peg Aspereta as the first GBA (Game Boy Advance) MMORPG.

If this is not your game AspertaFan then I apollogize now. But regardless you should let your friends at www.asperta.com know what has been said here. IT is nothing more than constructive critizism.

One last note to the Dev's of Asperta... never name a game with anything that is even close in sounding (phonetically or not) to a dirty word like "ass" or your game will be come known as Asspereta by those who dont like it. Worse yet the "dewds" will call it @$$p3r3t@.... Just a heads up, before its to late and the game ACTUALLY begins development.

FINBAR [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------
    EQ (release to lvl 59)
    DAOC (release to lvl 50)
    AC (Beta)
    AC2 (Beta to Lvl 50)
    AO (Beta)
    Neocron (Beta)
    WW2 (Beta)
    Eve Online (Beta)
    Planet Side (Beta)
    Second Life Online (Beta)
    War Craft 3 (Beta)
    Black Moon Chronicle (Beta-End)
    SB (Beta)
    SWG (Beta)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Now Playing NWN SoU

FINBAR
    -------------------------------------------

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

lol

The graphics look awful ahhh!

lol graal? Yeah but graal isnt too bad, it's pretty fun once you get into it, but then can easily get boring after playing hours and hours.

• FaeryShiversFaeryShivers Member Posts: 46

Hello there,

I heard someone submitted our site here. Unfortunately it seems they did so before testing was even open or they were allowed to advertise the site. I apologize for that. I am the lead graphics designer/animator for Aspereta. You can confirm it by emailing me at [email protected]

Anyways I thank you all for your constructive criticism/and compliments..they are what allow games to improve. Aspereta is the name of the engine itself ..each world within it has its own name because they have different rules or are different games completely (the subheader on the site says "Welcome to the worlds of aspereta for that very reason). As for the "Ass" thing well if people really don't like something they'll find any way to mock it. Its something all game Devs have to deal with. =)  As for the "The graphics suck" comment well..its hard to improve a game when you don't give constructive criticism. We welcome all suggestions on our forums ..I spend about 1-1 1/2 hours a day reading and replying to posts so they won't go unnoticed.  Please feel free to post your ideas and feelings on the game there. By making a "forum" account you will also automatically be admitted into open-beta.

Thank you all,

Jenn Aka "Shivers"

• livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110
    its just that some of us have a comp more powerful than a 386 ..... for instance i dunno what fps i would get in asperata but with a 2.53ghz , 1024ddr333 ram , 9800 pro comp id expect 3000 ... and i get around 2200 at a black screen ....  I mean i dont want to be the person to shit on someones game cause its hard enough making one. But  i dunno .....Lol even tho the first critic was joking when he said the first gba mmorpg ,  u should make asperata into a gba rpg  or something looks like it would have way more potential there.... than going up against eq2 , horizons ,WOW and others

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

Actually a lot of 2d mmorpgs can be just as if not  more demanding than 3d ones because there is a lot of layering not just solid models. But there are people who can't buy new computer hardware all the time and want to play games that arent so taxing on their computer. I have a friend who updates their hardware every few months and they went out and bought UT 2003 and STILL had a hard time running it. I know very few people between the ages of 13-24 who can afford the specs of an Alienware Aurora which has bascially the hardware you'd need to play a lot of the newest games out there. Yes yes I know Alienwares are more expensive because of the name and the case mods but I use them as an example because they are built specifically for gamers. We aren't trying to go against Eq or anything like that. We have a 3d game in the works but its all concept right now we are starting on the engine when Aspereta's is complete. Aspereta is just fun for us and if we make money ..great that will help us fund our 3d game if we don't well it was a lot of fun and we'll keep working on it in our spare time. If we were trying to compete with EQ doing a 2d game would make absolutely no sense because they are completely different genres. There is no way you'd get 3000 frames per second on Aspereta. A top of the line computer (we know we've tested) gets between 150-200 fps. A black screen means NO frames or less than like 2. If you've got a computer that gets 3000 fps  you better send that technoglogy to all the game companies and computer manufacturers. They've been waiting for it.

*gives u the finger* ....... 2.53 ghz , 1024mb of ram , 9800 pro . I was making a comment about the poor graphics in asperata,  my comments were in obvious sarcasm . Personally i really dont think i have a problem running any game right now , and to say that most people cant run games of today without an alienware comp is ridiculous furthermore its even more ludicrous if your using that excuse as a way to defend your games poor graphics ..... thats all im saying . You cant tell me the reason u made the graphics  like that was because u think people will have a hard time running a game u made in 3d.  IF this was not your intention of your post what was ? i dont get it

if people cant afford a system powerful enough to run Eq1 (which surpasses graphics of asperata damn near 50 fold) then they should get the hell outta dodge , who doesnt have at least a 300mhz-600mhz comp i mean come on people 

Well that was mature..lets make up an imaginary computer hell lets make up an imaginary life to prove a riduculous point. I know plently of people who can't afford really fast computers ESPECIALLY in the age range that plays MMORPGS. I didn't make the game because people can't run 3d I made the graphics 2d because there IS a market for 2d games and because I was working within the specifications that the programmers wanted..they were looking for a 2d artist and they came across me. Who IS by the way trained and still training more in 3d. To run the games at optimal speed yes you do need a top of the line computer most of the time. Everquest isn't anywhere near the games of today. It doesnt even use Nurbs or have a high poly-count from what I've seen..which proves another one of my points you don't have to use the best graphics equipment and methods out their to sell your game. Its about GAMEPLAY and FUN FACTOR not about how many textures you use or how many polygons you shape into the game. Saying that EQ's graphics surpass Aspereta's is a completely ridiculous comparison its like comparing a sculptors work to a surrealist painters. They are 2 completely different mediums.

You said in a previous post that you don't want to "crap" all over a developers work because you know how hard it is...obviously you don't know how difficult it is. If you did you wouldn't make ridiculous comparisions between games of completely different mediums. I bust my ass every day to make this game the best it can be using the medium I was given to work with. My "poor" graphics didn't earn me a 3.7 GPA in college. My using a medium to its full potential DID.  

Alright there buddy , first of all im not making up my computer to prove a point .... thats what im running on an overclocked 2.4 to a 2.53ghz p4 , and second of all as a creator learn to take critisism you are going to get a hell of a lot of it , And comparisons between eq's graphics and your game's graphics are perfectly acceptable to me , because A. Eq has been out around 4 years and yours is in beta , and B.They are both mmorpgs. Maybe you should stop reading the forum and get to making the game 3d , and i dont give a crap about what your 3.7gpa did for you, it still doesnt make up for the fact that 2d games went out with  sega genesis .

I don't mind taking criticism from MATURE individuals who don't just flip people off when they disagree. The comparison is NOT acceptable in ,my opinion, because as I said they are DIFFERENT mediums. Mediums being what you use to create art. No Aspereta is not up to par with 3d graphics because it is not 3d. 2d games went out with genesis thats hilarious apparently you've never seen the korean market. The biggest company in Korea ..80% of their games are 2d ..and perhaps you've forgotten about RO which has over 600,000 people in Thailand playing at one time. It has a 3d engine and is 2d on 3d but STILL has 2d aspects and brings in a lot of people. You'd  think think you'd notice that there is a 2d market still with that RO banner that constantly plays on this forum O.o

• mirakurumirakuru Member Posts: 1

Livelyc...do you really think anyone cares what you have for a computer?  My friend's computer is 3ghz, but I don't care.  He told me that once, in conversation.  You keep posting your computer's specs for some reason, I don't see a single person asking about your computer, do you?

I think she takes "critisism" (often written 'criticism' by many of us) very well and I think it is even more notable that she puts up with little kids like you who make some of the most senseless statements I have ever heard.

"And comparisons between eq's graphics and your game's graphics are perfectly acceptable to me , because A. Eq has been out around 4 years and yours is in beta"  Aspereta should be up to par with EQ because it is in beta (or closed Alpha as the Aspereta team's page states) and EQ has been around for four years?  Could you explain the logic behind that?  If a company started today, it should probably be competing with Microsoft?

"B.They are both mmorpgs."  Not even going here.

"the fact that 2d games went out with  sega genesis."  lol?

• MooneyMooney Member Posts: 4
      Livelyc, do you really have to be an ass about it? Faery actually takes criticism very well, and has to deal with idiots like you everyday, and I don't think she needs another addition like you who doesn't really know what they're talking about. mirakuru has a great point, if you started a business making and selling shoes, would you want to be compared with a big company like Nike or Adidas? That makes no sense at all. Aspereta doesn't need to be 3d to be a great game, it being 2d doesn't matter at all. The game is still a lot of fun, and really thats all that matters. I think you need to stop going on about this, because you're making a fool of yourself and getting nowhere with idiotic points that you're trying to make. Save yourself some misery and shut up.

Originally posted by mirakuru

Livelyc...do you really think anyone cares what you have for a computer?  My friend's computer is 3ghz, but I don't care.  He told me that once, in conversation.  You keep posting your computer's specs for some reason, I don't see a single person asking about your computer, do you?
    I think she takes "critisism" (often written 'criticism' by many of us) very imagewell and I think it is even more notable that she puts up with little kids like you who make some of the most senseless statements I have ever heard.
    "And comparisons between eq's graphics and your game's graphics are perfectly acceptable to me , because A. Eq has been out around 4 years and yours is in beta"  Aspereta should be up to par with EQ because it is in beta (or closed Alpha as the Aspereta team's page states) and EQ has been around for four years?  Could you explain the logic behind that?  If a company started today, it should probably be competing with Microsoft?
    "B.They are both mmorpgs."  Not even going here.
    "the fact that 2d games went out with  sega genesis."  lol?

dude iwasnt even bragging about my computer or anything , that second post  iwas just telling him that im not "making up " a computer to proove my point

no im not sayign a company started today should compete with microsoft , i was making a point that if  a 4 year old game  and asperata were compared graphically that the 4 year old game would be the winner.

Also dont get me wrong dude the flipping of thing was a joke , im not a serious person at all. The problem i have with asperata was purely graphical , the reason being i believe an mmorpg needs to have a graphical enviroment that sucks the player in  , asperata or any other 2d game just wouldnt do that for me , ultima was the exception because of the time ultima was created .

ps. faery plz dont send gamers from your game to come attack me. Its kinda obvious ... they both have 1 post each cause they feel they needed to stand up for you .... im not calling in back up. hehe

Originally posted by Mooney
      Livelyc, do you really have to be an ass about it? Faery actually takes criticism very well, and has to deal with idiots like you everyday, and I don't think she needs another addition like you who doesn't really know what they're talking about. mirakuru has a great point, if you started a business making and selling shoes, would you want to be compared with a big company like Nike or Adidas? That makes no sense at all. Aspereta doesn't need to be 3d to be a great game, it being 2d doesn't matter at all. The game is still a lot of fun, and really thats all that matters. I think you need to stop going on about this, because you're making a fool of yourself and getting nowhere with idiotic points that you're trying to make. Save yourself some misery and shut up.

ok dude  mik had a point about the microsoft  vs a new company ...... But dude shoes? I mean come on shoes....what are u thinking

It was an easy way to make the point, but obviously you didn't get it, because you're that thick. It doesn't have to be about computers to make the point. And yes, I will back her up if you're completely wrong about something like this and you won't stop at it. Flipping people off is so mature too, she doesn't know you so she would have to assume you're joking. You're kidding me. Just because you're an idiot for saying it in the first place doesn't mean saying you're not a serious person takes it back. You've seriously got some growing up to do.

alright buddy , we finished here ?

Actually it was mikaru who told me about your post in the first place. So it being "kinda obvious" is ridiculous.I only FOUND this forum in the first place because a tester told me about it. By the way I'm not a him ..I'm a her. Very few males would put faery in their screen name. The shoes comparison is just as valid as the microsoft one. Its about new companies going against big corporations.

I know what you were trying to say livelyc but games don't suck people in unless they use what they have to the fullest potential. If you are going to say you are giving constructive criticism of course I'm going to take it seriously.I take my job seriously so if you make "constructive" criticisms and then take them back by behaving the way you did..you aren't proving that your insults were not serious. Games have to be FUN for people to want to stay playing them. I can name lots of games that had great graphics...but were boring as hell after 10 minutes. "Jedi outcast : Jedi Knight II" had really good graphics but I couldn't play it after like 15 mins ...it just got so boring. So did Baldurs gate dark alliance for playstation 2 that game had awesome textures...but it was just so repetitive ..I love the forgotten realms books and the Baldurs gate games...but there wasn't much to do in dark alliance. You can't expect people to keep paying just for eye candy..you need gameplay candy too :D

Depends.. dude you're really retarded. Did you know?

i dunno man dark alliance was preety bad ass even tho it was repetitive , getting armor and stuff is always fun in games like that. it was like  an extremely easy and fast eq hehe.

About me being retarded , yeaa well i dont have the best grades in the class but i pass soo im not like technically retarded but  i do walk sideways . 
     Guys , just chill out im not trying to tell no one to play your game or anything  , in the first place i was just playing around about how the graphics werent exactly current , granted they are different kinds of mediums , but i dont consider mmorpg's to be art  heh. But even tho it was 2d it didnt seem like a great 2d , please dont take alot of offense , it just didnt seem like a realistic type 2d like  ultima was. It seemed kinda cartoony , and ive always had a problem with cartoonish games ... like rubies of eventide the characters were so goofy  and like disporportioned that the game was unfun to play. I was just saying how maybe the graphics could be better . Thats it and anytime anyone does a *flicks you off* who cares honestly i was just stating that i disagree lol. its not like if i saw u on the street id come up and just kick you in the face and be like "fix those god damn graphics next time!" and run off. Anyway faery apology for calling u a man and for you and your "group" taking me the wrong way.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Wow, a dev getting in a flame war on a message board....thats new.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

This isn't really a flame war but ok :P I'm very active with my job and go to boards to find ways to improve my game by others opinion..unfortunately sometimes it turns to this. >.<

I have OCD tourettes, it made me very smart just not overly social..no ones perfect livelyC . Games like dark alliance aren't bad ..but they wouldnt make a very good mmorpg.  Mmorpgs arent art but it takes art to make them :O whether you use photoshop,psp, MAYA or 3d max its how you use that medium to make the game look nice. Not everyone likes realistic MMORPGS ..hell a lot of people I know don't like completely realistic games because well...They don't play games because its like life..they play them because they are unrealistic and they can do things they normally can't in real life. UO is isometric 2d/3d so it once again is a little bit different but not a bad comparison :P

"Thats it and anytime anyone does a *flicks you off* who cares honestly i was just stating that i disagree lol"I was just telling you there is a better way to state you disagree than with inappropriate gestures.

I'm not here to rip on anyone and I don't appreciate it when thats all people come to forums too. I apologize for getting angry with you. To be honest though if you really want to help make a difference to the game you should beta test and get your opinions heard there.

oh yea i agree not everyone likes a realistic video game , and espiecially not in mmorpg's im just saying that visually realistic mmorpg's make their Fantasy come to life and seem more real

What if your fantasy is gigantic pink cartoon bunnies O.o *thinks of gigantic pink bunnies* AHHHHHHH THE BUNNIES!!

OMG FAERY I LOVE YOU!! Bunnies are tasty. My aunt hit a bunny on easter once... Oops? Yeaaaa... uhh.. I'm not pissed anymore. Have a great dinner.