Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are girls playing MMO's hotter than those who don't?

Comments

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by LadyKeji
     It's a reference to the game I play, New Worlds Ateraan. A TORG or Text Only Roleplaying Game. Theres a few posts here and there about it but the reason I am all about it is that you get much more mature players and more important is the intensity of the depth of roleplay.

Do you have a link? I've played other text games. Is it a Forum based? I'm not a big fan of forum based games.
  • AteraanAteraan Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by kalligirl

Originally posted by LadyKeji

It's a reference to the game I play, New Worlds Ateraan. A TORG or Text Only Roleplaying Game. Theres a few posts here and there about it but the reason I am all about it is that you get much more mature players and more important is the intensity of the depth of roleplay.

Do you have a link? I've played other text games. Is it a Forum based? I'm not a big fan of forum based games.

I think she refers to http://www.ateraan.com. It's not a Forum game but rather an actual real time multiplayer game that is  character driven intense roleplay. If you are used to TORGs then you will enjoy it immensely. If not then I would highly recommend this link: http://www.ateraan.com/tutorial/torg.html.

I found a graphic game the other day that has some light roleplay you might like as well, I just need to find the link.

TORG - Text Only Roleplaying Game, the only way to go. http://www.ateraan.com

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

Thanks both of you. I will go check it out today and let you know what I think. I'm excited to know of a good roleplaying game. Most of the MMO's where I've tried to find roleplay are impossibly kiddyland and lame.

• ChaosasChaosas Member Posts: 129

Girls who play MMOs tend to be more nerdy, which makes them hotter in my book ;) I mean it would be hard to be together with someone who doesn't understand your hobbies and interests at all.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Originally posted by sorrysoldout

can i just say. cougars DO NOT EXISt. Don't be fooled folks/

They do exist! (In santa's voice when talking to the oversized m&ms on that commercial)

They actually do.  2 of my friends are with cougars...lol...

Personally at 25, I would prefer to not be with a 40 year old lady, but I am more of a family oriented kinda guy.  One friend lives with the 40 year old woman and her kids, takes care of em, the other just broke up a marraige and the cougar is now his "girlfriend".

So they do really exist.  Older women probably like younger guys just like older guys like younger women.

As far as the post goes, I smoke pot and play video games.  I love to do both, they are a fun hobby, but to narrow my selection of women down to only a girl who will play video games would be a bad choice.

I have many many other interests including playing basketball/soccer/beer legue softball with my friends, going to see shows/concerts and such, and find it is more important to have non-gaming things in common as they will influence you to get out of the house more and have more of a real social life.

Sure though, it would be awesome to meet a chick who loves pink floyd, smokes pot and plays videogames/mmos, but I try not to live in a fantasy world.

Also, going to college and working at a liquor store opens up many opportunities to meet all kinds of different women.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

hot girls are usually full of problems and daddy issues. Nerd/geek girls are just plain fun, besides, little meat on the bones is a good thing. Scrawny as a scarecrow, no fun.

I married a hot girl, and now we're seperated and I'm doing awesome :)

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I approve of GTwander's post on the second page of this thread.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

hot girls are usually full of problems and daddy issues. Nerd/geek girls are just plain fun, besides, little meat on the bones is a good thing. Scrawny as a scarecrow, no fun.

I married a hot girl, and now we're seperated and I'm doing awesome :)

It doesn't matter how beautiful or attractive a woman is, there is some guy, some where, that is sick of her crap.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• SebastianianSebastianian Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by immodium

Actually, what do you think these 'hot' girls think of guys that play MMO's? Are they hot or not? :)

They probably dont give a shit as erm they are playing a game and not looking for sex.

Yeah. Those girls just want to have fun with the game and they don't think to meet with some boys. They are just tired with their life and looking forward of their enjoyment.

• rfernan9rfernan9 Member Posts: 27

Yeah I agree on this, most of the girls that play mmo's are hot as hell. I've got a girl friend who play lots of mmo and she's hot for me. The good thing is we share a lot in playing the game and we try to compare builds and the best part is we explore everything. That's why shes hot enough for me to be with.

• smaklagasmaklaga Member UncommonPosts: 48

You could always just get a hot one and convert them to MMO's lol.  Here is my wife of 4 years.

She wasn't much of a gamer.  Now she plays MMO's more than I do!

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by smaklaga

You could always just get a hot one and convert them to MMO's lol.  Here is my wife of 4 years.

you lucky bastard! :D

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Originally posted by VirusDancer

I had the rose tinted glasses, personally.  It was about three months after the divorce, that I realized that I had been married to the woman responsible for making Hogger hide out in Elwynn...

Most of the male gamers I know are either divorced or struggle to hold on to a women for an extended amount of time. It takes a tolerant women to put up with a mans video game hobby. This is why I tell my buds to find a chick that plays either mmos or is a normal gamer. Regular chicks just don't get it.

SO true.  I've been married twice.  First wife sucked the life out of me and didn't like my gaming.  Second wife is awesome, she KNOWS I'm a gamer and is fine with it as long as I am willing and able to stop on a dime when she wants some QT.  I've learned to do that too, just log off knowing the game isn't going anywhere and will be there when I get back.  So it works.  Plus it helps she doesn't nag she just says straight up, lets go watch this or go do this.

Buddy of mine split because his woman didn't understand why he played games so much.  Sad, as I like em both, but sometimes a person's hobbies need to be accepted by the spouse before marriage is even in the picture.

• them4trixthem4trix Member UncommonPosts: 19

lol XD

in general def not..

i know, cuz ive had/have long goin friendships with, and even met sum girls ive met through games.

though on the other hand this girl i met on Runescape (fine lol at me, was eight years ago though and im still proud of my legacy) is def the most beautiful girl ive eva seen (A) and shes been my everything for over 8 years now, and shes epicly useful in MMO's cuz shes always the healer and im the DPS =P

shes actually my gf now and we're moving together round august, def considering to marry her soon  =)

so yeah fuck that everythin is possible now XD

• ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

I go to a business school - technology branch.

We are 4 guys and 10 girls (all aged 18-19) - we all kinda play MMOs sometimes (though I don't, at the moment).

There is exactly one hottie. And some of our girls don't even wash themselves regularly, it's disgusting.

Guys, don't look for girls in online games, you'll just find those who look and talk like the orcs or trolls they're playing.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by smaklaga

+1 for converting

I was with this really good looking costa rican girl and managed to get her to play counterstrike. It can be done

• armageddon19armageddon19 Member Posts: 29

Hot.. No.... Cool... Yes... It wouldn't be difficult to mingle with them....

Well way cool... more appealing.... I guess??? >.<

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I rarely find...."model" material girls who play MMO's, cute yes...but HOT no, very very rarely!  Most hot girls spend too much time looking hot....not playing games, unless they are some pro gaming chick dressing up for her shoot.

When ppl post pics of hot gamer girls (IRL ones anyway) I dont really think they are that hot for some reason.  I think guys have this thing, if a girl plays games...it adds a cuteness factor, to me it doesnt lol.  I know plenty of girls that play and most are either bitches, or have some sort of mental issues with needing attention...and that alone destroys any cute factors AT ALLl....regardless of gender!

• erzaholterzaholt Member Posts: 6

Some are HOT and some are NOT, but I think most are not haha unless they are cosplayers :))

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

"Beauty lies in the eye of the head up the ass of the beholder" ~Dennis Miller, Comedy Skit entitled "Art"

Looks to me are just a shell. Its nice to have looks but they can fade and will cause problems. Sure, I can talk about "inner beauty" and claim a balance is needed between inner and outer. For me I care about pretty but nice looks. In short I don't want to see people with poor skin to the point it may have me ask about health problems.

What is most important is actually how people act, think and what they truly know and how daring and fun that person can be. That has nothing to do with pure looks, and that is what most people will love 99% of the time, unless of course you are after the hottest person around to find a sex buddy. 

It means if the person is a gamer girl or gamer guy, that person better know more than just playing games because when it comes time to chatting and meeting in the real world suddenly its no longer about playing online video games but doing things together. I met the love of my life online and encountered those problems. 

The adjustment once away from it all is the hardest part. 

I still believe the majority of females playing MMORPGs are not "hot" or are "Late bloomers" considering most girls who are considered to have super looks tend to have a much better social life they will not give up since looks does lead to opportunity regardless what people believe. 

The advice I can give to people is to follow a rule:

"Regardless of how well you think you know a person in a game or forum, a real friendship begins when you the two start communicating outside the game or forum on a topic that has no centralization to the forum or the game being played."

As an example, if you play WoW and are registered in a WoW forum and have a good time with this person who you play with in-game and want a deeper relationship, it becomes necessary to actually get on a messenger, email, skype or even a phone...To have enough trust to go further, and make it work...and the conversation has to do with anything except WoW in any form or level or it will be like taking WoW (and the Forum) with you. 

In the real world, the equivalent is work and school. To really be friends you have to be able to do something outside of work or school that has no topic or conversation dealing with either of them. ^_^

I am not saying you can't have a great friend in an online game or at work...far from it. However your best friends will always be the ones who are willing to practically do anything with you regardless what foxhole you'll end up in. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is always hot to share interests with someone. What that interest is matters little.

MMO players are not that easy to recognize just by looks anyways (with the possible exception of a few persons that are so addictive that they don't have time for personal grroming but they certainly aren't hot). You can't just look on a picture and say if that is a MMO player or not.

It is great if you spend much time in a game to find someone that share that interest.

But the answer is still no, MMO girls aren't hotter or less hot than any other lady. They are just people like MMO guys.

Still, a lady carrying a sword do make me smile a catlike smile. ;) I used to date a SCA lady that spent a lot of time training in full 14th century armor, she sure was hot.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Whether women who play mmos are hotter than those who don't is irrellevant when the true purpose of this thread is to get guys to post pics of their significant others.... and female gamers to get brave and post pics of themselves. Call it trolling for pics!

• ditto101ditto101 Member Posts: 13

i think that girls that play games are cooler than ones that don't but not so sure about the term "hotter"

• Abraxus187Abraxus187 Member Posts: 14

I prefer girls who don't like MMO's, This is coming from a guy who's girlfriend is a hardcore gamer and is an officer of my clan.

Sounds strange but female gamers just annoy me.

AbraXuS
    www.exile-corp.com
    Clan Founder.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

What you need to remember is that regardless of Gender a lot of hardcore gamers & particularly hardcore MMO'ers are not very active people, I would go so far as to estimate 60% of the hardcore MMO'ers probably go to work/school then get straight on their PC/Console and when they arent on that they are sleeping.

Which means a lot of both Male & Female MMO players are overweight. A girl who works out regularly and watched what she eats is going to have a hotter body then one who sits on her ass playing video games most of the day that is just a no brainer. Wether you as a gamer find a chick who talks about the gymn and work hotter than a girl who can talk all the latest MMO/gaming news is up to you.

But body whise I would think on average most non MMO'ers would be in better condition than most MMO'ers just as most non gamers are in better physical condition than most gamers.

There are always exceptions to the rule but I am talking about the average MMO'er.

This discussion has been closed.