Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have. They. Fixed. Animation. And. Combat. ?

DaedroDaedro Member Posts: 44

Refer. To. Title.

Thanks.

Comments

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

No idea but the reason I quit playing this game is because of the reasons you mentioned and the dismally boring combat system.  Its just wack a mole with almost zero player feedback and clucky as hell combat.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

Thats why I quit as well, the combat was awkward and the animations were bad.  Not to mention it took 1000 bullets to kill one thing.  :(

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Im not impressed by the animation but the game is really freakin cool to me!

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• GabbaManGabbaMan Member Posts: 4

For me there is nothing bad in animation or combat. There is a broblem when someone is looking for perfect game/ perfect mmo... there is no such thing like perfect game - there will be allways bugs... The question is - can you feel the whole essence of the gameplay and user friendly community ? bocouse I do and many players same... Few bored kids that R looking for not existing game will be unhappy all the time...For those kids any game will be boring and bugged...

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Do. You. Always. Type. Like. This?

The lag that was there in the beta is gone. It's still a game primarily for crafters and people who like to take it slow though. At least at the start of the experience.

I'm only in S1, the combat is not very impressive but it does the job. Stuff dies rather easily when you upgrade your gear and weapons regularly, I never even came close to dying.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I tried the trial a couple of months ago and the animations and combat looked quite bad. Specially the PvP was quite clunky and I got one or two shot alot in those Blood Fight instances.

The game had a nice atmosphere but the combat was just way too bad for me to keep playing it.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

This game could be a winner , if only the animations and combat wasnt so bad, clunky, horrible, 90% of what you do in the game is combat...so make it fluid, resposive dinamic with perfect animations and sounds...

• Skeeter870Skeeter870 Member Posts: 75

I bought it with the intention of giving the extra key to a friend.

Downloaded, installed, played for five minutes.

I should have went to Taco Bell instead, I would've gotten more use out of the money with explosive diarrhea.

• elthznd901elthznd901 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Im not sure what it was like before.. but I dont think the combat and animations are terrible.  Thats not usually a large part of deciding factor when I choose a game for myself though.  The other scenery and world graphics make up for any shortcomings in animation in my opinion.

Im not sure what type of games the last poster is used to playing.. but I think its a great game thus far. 

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Its the most exiting combat Ive ever seen.

• Rage_TimeRage_Time Member Posts: 2

No. They. Have. Not.  Knockdown (melee only skill now) is a 4 second stun still while every other stun is only 1 second.  The reason it's 4 seconds is because of the glitchy reload animation.

Melee still > everything.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I went back for a month and combat pissed me of and made me quit. Ranged is ok, if you dont mind the constant reloading and crafting ammo, but melee is still crap.

I hate it when you approach a mob, and it aggroes at 10m, runs towards you and then through you, because its running towards the original point where you aggroed it. There is collision detection with all npcs, except mobs that attack you.

Then there is this weird distance bug where you hear the sound of you hitting the mob, but you dont do dmg. So apparently you are close enough to make it sound as if you hit the mob, but not close enough to do actual dmg.

For fps style fighting this is simply not good enough. The looting makes it even worse. You need to aim at the corpse to be able to loot it. So during combat in a fast respawn area you are playing 'catch the corpse' in between fighting mobs. These are just the main things that annoy me in combat.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

I did the free trial a few weeks ago and found that the combat was still horribly boring for me. If they ever have a combat revamp of any major sort inculding animations I would consider playing on a long term basis.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

I agree, I started playing the trial again because I was bored with other stuff, and the lack of animation and clunky combat still really turns me off.  Tottaly unimmersive FPS.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by mCalvert

I agree, I started playing the trial again because I was bored with other stuff, and the lack of animation and clunky combat still really turns me off.  Tottaly unimmersive FPS.

It has to be incompetence. It's been YEARS and they still can't implement a nice combat/animation system? Give me a break! I'd sign up today if they'd JUST FIX THE COMBAT. Hello?!

Makes one wonder if game designers even test their own games.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by mCalvert

It has to be incompetence. It's been YEARS and they still can't implement a nice combat/animation system? Give me a break! I'd sign up today if they'd JUST FIX THE COMBAT. Hello?!

Makes one wonder if game designers even test their own games.

Apparently they are going to change stuff soon, but they way things have been and how long it takes, Im guessing they will probably just create new problems.

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353

Count my vote also for boring, clunky combat. I liked everything else about the game, but just can't get past the awful combat mechanics and animations.

With everyone voicing the same general opinions, you'd think the developer would get a clue and attempt a fix.

My 2 coppers anyway for what it's worth.