Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ Progression Server....is SWG Next?

124»

Comments

• LadyAlyseLadyAlyse Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by reggi-shc

I would take pre-CU with all of its bugs (100% energy resist armor, combat spam, etc...) over any other game on the market out right now.

Hear! Hear!

• AyonarAyonar Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Kazara

Originally posted by Paradigm68

I'd resub, but honestly I don't think it'd last for me.  Its been too long. Once the nostalgia factor faded and I realized I couldn't recapture the magic, I'd just be mad knowing I'd given SoE money again for SWG.

BINGO! The magic was in the communities that were developed. $OE had social game play gold and frittered it away.

BOOM! While the game itself i got sucked into from launch day to NGE, it wasnt the gameplay itself. Lets face it, the skill tree was phenomenal, and the enviornments, locations, lore, and everything was great, but the gameplay itself was pretty weak. Quests almost non existent, and hard content extremely weak....yet i still logged in for hours every single day for years....why>? Because the social aspect of this game was leaps and bounds, MILES and MILES away from literally anything that anyone had even thought about making.  Player cities, a completely player driven economy, cantinas, professions that required no hunting or gathering...just everything about the game made it feel as close to a real, living breathing world as i think we'll ever come in an MMO.  Someone will eventually come along with something to topple it, but i dont think its gonna happen anytime soon.

Currently Playing : Rift, EQ2
    Has Played: Anarchy Online, SWG(Pre NGE refugee), DAoC, EQ1, EQ2, Lineage 2, CoH, CoV, Horizons, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, Aion, WoW, DCUO, Matrix Online, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, LotRo, Fallen Earth, Shadowbane, EQoA, ArchLord

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

Unfortunately, exactly this.

Unfortunately because if they would've just left it alone people would STILL be playing it and loving it.