Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you hate long Skill Cooldowns >>

2»

Comments

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by NeoPlasmaX

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by psyknx

Aion is fast, if you think otherwise youre clueless. If you want slow combat try Rift. Global cooldown ftw are they thinking.

FYI, I quit Aion shortly after release so not even close to a fanboy.

Lol Aion has Global Cooldown as well, maybe you quit so fast you didn't even realise :P

They use Animation CDs... (I think there was a very tiny global but was usually shorter than the animations) And they were like all different length CDs and lotta of attacks had instants.  LOT of attacks.  I remember as a slower chanter I had like 4 or 5 moves I could do instantly.   After I got a parry, I could instantly do 3 moves and wreck face.  Plus the game just had way faster movement which was very fun in pvp.    Ever watch any of the Korean PvP tournaments?  That was good stuff.  Many battles I had with other 5 man leet groups in Dredgion were crazy fun.  There was even a time we didn't care about finishing dredgion, we just met in middle and fought each other in 5 v 5 like battles.  The action was definitely fun and fast paced.

I'm pretty sure you are speaking from level 40 and beyond (since you have multiple chain attacks I presume), which is fine argument I guess. But in my view, if I have to grind and wait for cooldown to start my chain again for 40 levels, thats just plain bad game design.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Eh, if ya think thats bad don't bother trying Rift, casting time can take upto 2 seconds and although this may not seem like a big deal, when ya team mate is dying it is a big deal and ok you may have 1 or 2 instant casts to throw in but they don't do anywhere near as much heal or damage as your slower casts do! I've been on the edge of my seat screaming "C'mon cast faster!" at my screen while trying to save my friend's ass lol.  As for the cool downs, some can take between 2-10 minutes, that game really needs more instant casts.  Anyways, sorry if that seems a bit off topic but I'm just saying, I can relate to how painful cooldowns can be and if Aion is anywhere near as bad I'm glad I never liked it to start with.  I like Rift but yeah, the cooldowns and cast times are painful.

imageimage

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

games should reset cooldowns for combat related skills whenever you are out of combat. Seems a bit pointless when you have cooldown out of combat for combat related skills.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

games should reset cooldowns for combat related skills whenever you are out of combat. Seems a bit pointless when you have cooldown out of combat for combat related skills.

You mean like as soon as you come out of combat all cooldowns are reset? now that I can agree on.

imageimage

• NeoPlasmaXNeoPlasmaX Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by NeoPlasmaX

Originally posted by psyknx

Aion is fast, if you think otherwise youre clueless. If you want slow combat try Rift. Global cooldown ftw are they thinking.

FYI, I quit Aion shortly after release so not even close to a fanboy.

Lol Aion has Global Cooldown as well, maybe you quit so fast you didn't even realise :P

They use Animation CDs... (I think there was a very tiny global but was usually shorter than the animations) And they were like all different length CDs and lotta of attacks had instants.  LOT of attacks.  I remember as a slower chanter I had like 4 or 5 moves I could do instantly.   After I got a parry, I could instantly do 3 moves and wreck face.  Plus the game just had way faster movement which was very fun in pvp.    Ever watch any of the Korean PvP tournaments?  That was good stuff.  Many battles I had with other 5 man leet groups in Dredgion were crazy fun.  There was even a time we didn't care about finishing dredgion, we just met in middle and fought each other in 5 v 5 like battles.  The action was definitely fun and fast paced.

I'm pretty sure you are speaking from level 40 and beyond (since you have multiple chain attacks I presume), which is fine argument I guess. But in my view, if I have to grind and wait for cooldown to start my chain again for 40 levels, thats just plain bad game design.

I'm speaking from all.  The only class I saw little slow was the sorc.  But they hit so hard, I could kill something with a combo or less and farm super fast.  

My main char was a chanter.  Before 2.0, the chanter had 2 combos, that's it.  It still really only has 2 combos but you could weave auto attacks in easily.   In fact, it was a necessity for many classes like Rangers and Assassins.   Type "Weaving Aion" in search and you will find tons of vids and topics on it.    If you simply going on skill usage alone, then yeah, it might have some gaps.  And yes, I don't remember much pre-40 but I did level a chanter 3 times in that game.  Once in China servers, once again in NA servers and on the PTS server pre 1.9 which still took 5 days to level up to max level even after the 6x XP boost.  Plus I had a Sorc alt around 48 when I quit, a 20ish sin and an SM.  I did hate the lower level slowness but still doesn' t feel near as slow as games like WoW or Rift.  I can't say for other games as I really didn't play many other ones other than some F2Ps like Rappelz and PWI but this game action felt much faster than what I've experienced.

Oh I played AoC also.

• johnbowjohnbow Member Posts: 6

I used to play a gladiator. I felt that combat in this game was one of the best ever if not the best. Its what actually made grinding tolerable. Many different skill animations and different attacks, though admittedly it comes only after lvl 31 or so..

I remember I grinded my way to 50 on platinum coin repeatable quests... killing those birds quest. I probably had to do this 10 times to lvl up 1 time. But the combat was pretty fun really and the animations were quite varied imo.