Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's Tera doing in Korea?

libranimlibranim Member Posts: 139

Well,

Curios as I was I looked online at some Korean sites to see how Tera was doing. In Korea. I can't play the game myself since I am region-locked but being able to read Korean I thought I would see how the up and coming action mmo was doing.

The thing is... It's really hard to find stuff about MMOs in Korea, I couldn't find one reliable source that was like a korean mmorpg.com site or a site that generally has a very high user count, so I just went around and looked at some of the stuff people posted.

Again, this is user opinion, and Koreans are known to like a different taste of games. 

I don't check in with Korean stuff too regularly so if anyone has a better source yay, I'll take note of it and change the thing or something.

So here it is:

From http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/game/?game=1176

Tera currently has 

That is 5.7/10 from 242 users, and interesting statistics are that there are  5% in the 10-19 age, 49% in 20-29 age range, 33% from 30-39 range and 13 for 40-49 age range. Oh and it's 87% male gamers and 13% female, but that's no surprise.

From the comments I read it was:

Postive:

-Good graphics

-Good sound

-Good overall combat (targettin and feeling / pace of combat)

-Good balance between solo and party play, nice pace of leveling

Negatives:

-Company that runs the game (hangame) is apparently notorious for being uncommunicative with their playerbase and thus a lot of players feel that the money spent (40 million won) was wasted.

-No content for end-game

-Basically people calling out that the potential of the game is lost to piss poor management.

AGAIN: This was... a small thingy that I just looked up and thought interesting, I didn't even bother to check other sites or other games as comparison, I don't even know why I went this far.

From: http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/?search_mode=monthly

Tera is currently 3rd in the online 'ranking' for games in Korea so... again, people's opinion doesn't always reflect the popularity I guess

1st Aion

2nd Sudden Attack

3rd Tera

4th Fifa online 2

5th dungeon and fighter (DFO)

6th world of warcraft

7th Maple story

8th Lineage 1 (Yea... 1! I was surprised by this)

9th Kart Rider

10th Special Force

11th Star Craft 2 

12th Lineage 2

13th Counter Strike

14th Crazy Arcade

Comments

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

The launch was indeed rushed in Korea for whatever reason. Kind of strange really because they knew the game was a breeze to level through and yet had no content to keep people in game at 50. They needed another year to get things sortred imo, which is why I'm assuming they delayed our version. Hopfully in September* we'll get the full game which was meant to come out.

They are adding patches a lot of the time though, it's not like they've released it early and told their player base to wait 6 months.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

{mod edit}

You mean "YOU" gave up on tera before it was even in beta....emma right   :D

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KaledusKaledus Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

{mod edit}

Haha, totally agreed stayontarget. Some folks apparently don't take the time to think about what they are posting, hence begins the fun process of degrading them... xD (Notice I said "some", and not "all" or "most", therefore making my statement valid)