Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I refuse... wanna know why

This game called faxion is one of two games i wont play (the other being WoW because its $ $ $ and hype). I will never download, play, or even watch the trailer for it. MY reason being the fact that it takes Heaven and Hell to lightly. This is using religion and twisting it in to fake fantasy. If I am reading the banners and all that jazz righ that's what it is really about. But don't let me jump to conclusions here. If you have played it what is it really about.

Comments

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255

*sigh*....such a bad thing to post about on public forums.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its a game its just about having fun but i guess it your religious views get in the way than thats your choice..

Myself im not religious one bit so could not gie a rats arse what they do with the religino aspect in the game.. I believe religion is fantasy anyway..

You didnt play wow because its about making money ? I  hope you grow all your own food and own cows for milk and stuff because you know shops well they are out to make money too..

WoW is a good game for what it is.. not my cup of tea but people really enjoy it.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I can't think of many fantasy games that don't take religions and give them a warped and probably offensive representation. I think maybe Faxion is different only because it does not exempt current majority religions.

Elves are from old Norse religion. Were semi-devine beings sometimes the spirits of fallen warriors.

Voodoo is in many games often depicted as some sort of dark magic. In fact, it is a fairly normal religion. Depicting 'black magic' as if that were the whole of voodoo is like depicting satan worshipers and callign them Christians. It is much based on racism and probably more simple ignorance.

Paladins. Were in real life holy warriors. Word first came from knights that sought out religious artifacts for Charlemagne.

Even our terminology is potentially offensive to the serious religious person. E.g. Avatar. This comes from Hinduism.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Your religious beliefs and your choice not to play.  Nothing to discuss. Hopefully you find something you don't mind playing.

~Ripper

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i love the idea of this game twisting religions, heaven and Hell to make a fun pvp based mmorpg.... i just didnt like the gameplay, i hope by launch it is a totally great game.... i cant believe a game based on heaven and hell could suck so im hoping for UTV to make a good game here full of content and good mechanics

Also heaven and hell are not sacred enough not to be twisted for fun gaming purposes... no religion is that sacred

• CoolaidCoolaid Member UncommonPosts: 70

Serious?  You get thorugh life with these views?  Relax.....

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by warmetalmike

This game called faxion is one of two games i wont play (the other being WoW because its $ $ $ and hype). I will never download, play, or even watch the trailer for it. MY reason being the fact that it takes Heaven and Hell to lightly. This is using religion and twisting it in to fake fantasy. If I am reading the banners and all that jazz righ that's what it is really about. But don't let me jump to conclusions here. If you have played it what is it really about.

Its actually quite overblown the focus on religion.  Its no diffrent from any other two faction game that has one side as good and the other as evil, which is all of them.

Also, your doing yourself a favor not playing, its a game that belongs in the 1990s in every way shape and form.

But yeah man....bad place to talk about such things...the internet is known for "religious zealot" style athiests, and they dont take kindly to yer type...

And honeslty i didnt see any poking fun of any religions, and despite the advertisements suggests it does so, i can bet they left out one religion known for tolerating others....one known for death threats bombings ect...you can bet that religion was too sacred lol.

I feel ya though...the banner advertisements are about as poor in taste and quality as the game itself...

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Oh noooooooo......

Fantasy and religion collide....what will I do.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by japo

Oh noooooooo......

Fantasy and religion collide....what will I do.

excuse me?

they are the same thing

more like walking hand in hand which is hardly a collision

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i laugh every time i see the banner advertisement of faxion online where the priest say "i play to keep my hands busy",  thats a good one UTV :).  i may be totally wrong but in that message i see a direct attack to the priests accused of teen abuse.... its just my opinion but i enjoy faxions idea.... the game mechanics need some improvement though

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Maybe the OP should play this...

http://www.godstoria.com/

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

If you were being sarcastic that sentence would have been quite hilarious. Oh well, realize this is just a video game and try to keep that in perspective.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

What annoys me about the game is they say its about Heaven and Hell but then turn around and also say theres no good or bad. Its quite silly.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Cecropia

If you were being sarcastic that sentence would have been quite hilarious. Oh well, realize this is just a video game and try to keep that in perspective.

The fact he was being serious actually made it a little more amusing for me lol.

• forty4plus2forty4plus2 Member Posts: 69

SIlly trollz

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Originally posted by monstermmo

What annoys me about the game is they say its about Heaven and Hell but then turn around and also say theres no good or bad. Its quite silly.

Because there is no good or bad, just point of view or opinion.

If you murder you go to hell

If you murder, repent and ask for forgiveness you go to heaven

Now a murderer went to heaven...

oh oh oh and I forgot the judging thing... no one is suppose to judge or have an opinion. If it's gods will so be it. Also it's your duty to do for others, taken in, cloth and feed the homeless and yadda yadda. Hmmm I sense a lot of hell goers in the near future... unless they repent.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Games dont kill people , but religion does , I think maybe the OP needs to not be so hypocritical ... sigh

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

It still a matter of perspective. I mean the bible in itself only tells about the fact ( if the bible would be true that is) god killed whole mankind and distroyed cities and only accuses (considering there is no real proof) the devil of it or attempting to do it ;) A god killing whole of mankind is good and the one fighting this god is evil? It is simply not as black and white as good and evil as it might seem if you think about it and I can easily see why a game developer would use this take to develop a game.

For the sake of getting an bigger audience and player base I would have not called them heaven and hell and all would be fine. Even the op be playing the game if he like the features.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Coman

It still a matter of perspective. I mean the bible in itself only tells about the fact ( if the bible would be true that is) god killed whole mankind and distroyed cities and only accuses (considering there is no real proof) the devil of it or attempting to do it ;) A god killing whole of mankind is good and the one fighting this god is evil? It is simply not as black and white as good and evil as it might seem if you think about it and I can easily see why a game developer would use this take to develop a game.

For the sake of getting an bigger audience and player base I would have not called them heaven and hell and all would be fine. Even the op be playing the game if he like the features.

Try not to confuse "justice" with your definition of "good".  But you have a point, it's not clearly black and white, you need context and the reasons behind an action to help define "good and evil."  It's still black and white after you've gone through the grey area, hehe.  If that makes any sense.

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

it's about heaven and hell and the two fighting. it's not a hard concept.

i'm assuming OP is a church goer and follower so i'm not gunna be my usual agnostic realist self. I'm gunna be nice.

OP the subject of Faxion is u pick heaven or hell. then you level up and due battle with the opposing side. now you have some names from religion like Loki, and the archangel Michael just the two earliest and the quickest i could remeber. Personal on a side note wtf is Loki doing in this game. thats norse religion but i digress. and the only reference i can find to him being the angel of death was in the movie dogma, otherwise all research point to him being a norse god.

OP i think you've been engrained and preeched to all your life about how u can't make fun on [insert whatever religion you have, it's all the same doesn't really matter]. so a game about heaven and hell seems blashpemy. but i can promise you that if u downloaded and logged in.  the big man upstairs (god, he who is or allah) wouldn't be pissed. on top of that i can promise you, you wouldn't be smited down.

a little off topic and i hope OP doesnt take this the wrong way but. religion is a very cramp and narrow box to put urself in. the more you open you mind the more you can enjoy life. according to what my parents believe as their religion - God has made man in his image. - so obviously god must have a sense of humor.

"even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the Platypus.

Thank you and enjoy the show.

P.S. We sincerely apologize to all Platypus enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the Platypi. We at View Askew respect the noble Platypus, and it is not our intention to slight these stupid creatures in any way.
    Thank you again and enjoy the show." - Kevin Smith's Dogma

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

What is fake fantasy? Is there something called real or genuine fantasy? I am a christian, and I must admit I get irritated when I, in some games, have to choose an in-game deity. They add religion in games to add flavor, depth and options, yet they forget that some of us rather prefer not to have a deity in-game.

With that out of the way, let me comment on the part of the OP that says something along the lines of: "I will not download or play these games, and I will not even watch the trailer. However, I am not prejudice". Yes, you are prejudice. If you havent tried it, and dont really know how it works, then you are basing your conclusions on your own prejudicial thoughts on the matter. An alternative way of securing your own self could have been to say: I feel this game is not for me, but if that ever changes, I might try it out.

I am not telling you to give the devil a try. I am saying: Hold on to your faith, and He will be with you to light up your path so you can make qualified choices instead of being prejudice.