Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm - Is Nexon planning on killing this game?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Evidently when they switched over to Nexon (just this last week) they changed server hardware. But pretty clearly it wasn't to superior hardware, as the game has been beset by severe lagging in several areas (not just general gameplay, but like the item mall window).

And this is with far fewer people than the game had back when I used to play regularly.

It wouldn't make sense, I mean, why buy it? But to put the game on lesser hardware seems like they don't think much of its long term plans.

Maybe they bought the company for Atlantica II? (Which it really needs, they sort of lost focus in the time I had left, going more with the TBS stuff rather than the previous sort of gameplay).

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

I am really really really totally waiting for a company to develop a p2p version for Atlantica, with one global unified version and a dedicated dev team.

I have no info but high hopes for this to happen. Despite the game's problems (zillions of bugs which are not fixed, different game versions which mess things up with every update, close to zero tech support, huge nerfs from time to time to make people pay more) players are paying still tens to hundreds of bucks monthly for the game. Even on this site the game has a rating of 8. There's huge potential in this genre, and hopefully someone smart outthere will see it and say "hey, let's not make WoW clone #154, let's try this thing". Doesnt have to start big, it just needs a p2p system.