Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom and payment management

Hello.

I just returned (or wanted to return) to AoC after 1 year. I subminted a payment with my card, was able to log into the game, then after a while when I reloged... account frozen. Checked the account page and there was some sort of a problem with my payment. 

I resubminted the information (the message also urged me to do so) then I was able to log again. Played for a couple of hours then took a break. When trying to relog: BAM! account frozen again -___-

Now I didn't suspect much but I went to the nearest ATM to check my bank account. It was 30EUR shorter.

So yeah there is a problem with my payment but after they billed me. Sent them two mails one like 18hrs ago when after my first payment fail. And a another a couple hours ago. No answer of course and they're forums are restricted to only the people who 'succeded' in paying them.

Did anyone else have this problem? 

Oh and btw, do I need visa verification for aoc? I just got this card yesterday.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I personally have never had a problem with their payment system beyond having to wait for a couple hours for payment to go through.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Never resubmit a previous payment. Sort out the original payment fail via phone or email or just don't pay again. Or they will be robbing you blind and laughing all the way to the bank.

• theduke1993theduke1993 Member Posts: 9

I didn't actually resubmint the payment just they payment details. Since it said it failed I thought they will try it again with the new information.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Allways keep a eye on funcom when they have your credit details. many people get charged out of know were after quitting the game long ago. plus double charges have happen many times.

and when you quit make sure you delete all info, maybe even change your card numbers just to be safe.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

This has happened to me every time I tried to use my American Express card to renew my AO or AoC accounts. It eventually goes through, it just takes some time. I have no idea why it happens.

I just talked to my bank and it seems they didn't bill me after all(damn money goes away so fast :D ). But FC replyed to my mail and told me my credit card number is invalid. I checked the number and it's the very on written on my card, so there must be some problem with them unless I'm forgetting something.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I had the similar issue but I clicked the live chat support they have during business hours and they solved it. Some cards have to be verified. Not all banksystems are sharing the same access. My credit union was the problem.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

My bank declines them as well.  It had nothing to do with my card being verified, I even called the bank and spoke with them about it.  Basically they told me I would have to call the bank ahead of time and notify them about the currency being drafted each month.  I went so far as to try this and wouldnt you know it, billing re-occured on a sunday.  So monday I called them right before I attempted to resubmit the payment and it was declined again by the bank. 

It was too much hassle to be honest so I managed to find some gametime cards and bought as many as I could find.  They were a steal too at $12 for 60 days, but only managed to find three. 

I wrote customer service about this because it effects a friend of mine who really could give two shits about trying to resolve the issue and told them its probably effecting more people then they are aware of.  Its totally on their end and the financial institute theyre using to draft funds.  More than likely its had issues in the past.  I just hope its not the same for "Secret World" because im going to be screwed.

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

at $12 for 60 days

Hehe, found a couple of those cheap 60 day card too. I think I had to approve transfers via my internet banking account (which is currently outdated and I need a new password).

Also, in case someone else has this problem, FC customer support told me I should have my card Visa Verified to purchase game time.