Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most difficult game you've ever played

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

MMo: don't even exist one hard....

non mmo: old school, gauntlet, the last lvls and the dragon are a pain XD, also battletoads(its only this 2 I remember anyway ), the more recent one I would say DMC3, I never finish the game on hard mode

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I am not going to label any game as the most difficult I ever played, but in my recent experience, I have to say RISEN gave me fits.  The mob AI and fighting tactics employed by the NPC and PC made for a rather difficult, stressful and quite enjoyable/refreshing ride.  Failry realistic compared to most other games I would have to say as well.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Originally posted by Xasapis

Most difficult game I've ever played ....

Waking up and hitting the alarm button. Then making sure I don't fall asleep again.

One tough daily quest, I tell you.

LOL -- I could NOT agree more !!

• armageddon19armageddon19 Member Posts: 29

Super Mario ^_^ LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C1BSbq5aB0 <<< Part 1

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

personally, im old but they were both nes games.

ninja gaiden

metal gear

oh and srsly friday the thirteenth was just impossible to beat after 5 min of playing. jason just destroyed you regardless of what you did.

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146

Blast Corps on the n64 at age 11 was brutal. I didn't have a clue what was going on. Peggle get's pretty brutal as an adult :)

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• VigilianceVigiliance Member UncommonPosts: 213

The seventh saga for super nintendo and final fantasy hackticks, the modified version for pc, damn such a contrast in difficulty.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

Descent

but I didnt give up and I actually got really good at the game and to this day is stil my all time favorite shooter

AHHH a fellow Descent player!!!   I loved that game.  When Descent 2 came out, I started a Clan and we would have matches against other clans.

Gotta love those Proximity mines!!!

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

List of Difficult Games

Alien (Based off the Movie) C64

GI Joe-C64

Goonies-C64

Beachead-C64

Ghost & Goblins and its Sequel- Multi Platform

Sword & Serpents-NES

Bards Tale Games-PC

Contra-NES

Back to the Future II & III-NES

Myst III-PC

Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure-PC

X-Com Series-PC

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter Series-PC

Jurassic Park-SNES

X3-PC

Battlecruiser 3000 AD-PC

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Hardest Moment: Playing again koreans in Starcraft II.....lol

or Ninja Gaiden, that shitz is impossible xD

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• jcobsjcobs Member Posts: 6

Blaster Master... i didnt beat it until i got an NES emulator on my PC and was able to save it as i went along.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Well, MMO would have to be FFXI not exactly because its hard. Because it took so damn long 2 do anything. close second would be 40man Sapp on a Resto Druid lol.

Non MMO Tomb raider or Banjo twooie or whatever fucking hated that game. Yeah its a kittys game but my god if you start playing you can't stop and by the end of it you feel like you have killed some sort of god...

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903 This!

On a serious note in recent years I would have to say Demons Souls.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

One of those frakking old platformers...

GODDAMN PLATFORMERS GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Super Meat Boy. Nuff said

gross!

• SwampRobSwampRob Member UncommonPosts: 1,003

The original Bard's Tale game was pretty hard.   The last level (actually, several levels of a castle) had invisible teleporters and there was no auto-map.

• KickphatKickphat Member Posts: 189

I would have to say Final Fantasy 1 still haven't beat it yet don't even know how far i'm in it trying to beat it without a walkthrough playing the GBA version right now on my droid. Almost of the time you aren't told where to go just go go a something from somewhere but not how to get there.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well "difficult" can be viewed many different ways.   Plus the first "video game" I played was likely Pong so there is a LOT of games between then and now.

Infocom text adventures were "difficult" because you had to think.   How fast you could react didn't help, there was no epic gear or "I win" buttons.

Starflight took me a long time to "win".   I mean space is a really big place so finding the "right place" can take a while.

Wizradry 7 took me over a year to get through.   I'd get stuck on some puzzle and a month later literally dream about it.   Then I'd wake up wait 15 minutes for the computer to boot (ok not 15 mins but god awful slow) and get a bit farther.

So my personal thing is more inclined to puzzles I guess.   For MMO's I really couldn't say for sure.   I think Ultima Online was difficult in the sense of making it past the getting murdered over and over stage and learning how to protect yourself.   Early on I would say Anarchy Online was the most difficult MMO I played simply because of "point planning" and 99% of the game population having no idea they shouldn't just spend all their IP points every level...

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

[IWBTB] - I Want To Be The Boshy

Hilarious Commentary Gameplay:

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNUtYdujVLQ&feature=related

Gameplay 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCiXeKjC8DA&feature=related

Rad Music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkj_8qwSWR8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxyx0LDyo9Q&feature=related

Can you BECOME the boshy? Hands down Hardest game ever.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

One of the most difficult games for me was the first version on Original NES of Castlevania III as well as entering "TGL" in The Guardian Legend and going through the ship levels. TGL had some challenge to it and bragging rights if you could make it through.

I like games that have "Variable" challenge which can prove bragging rights by going through a game in certain order. The megaman games come to mind. 

The toughest game I've played are First Person Shooter multiplayer games in Leagues and Divisions...where the top 25 are so commited and strong in their favorite that even on a connection and ping disadvantage can win matches. 

When I played heavily in leagues in tournaments i had a very high ratio of winning against good players in servers outside my region. However, I don't know if multiplayer games are relevant towards this thread...Here is one to bridge the gap.

I remember the gamecube version of Phantasy Star Online. Players would say in Episode II in the first map (VR-TEMPLE ALPHA) "Oh how cool, this is easy" under Ultimate Mode Difficulty and by the time we reach the end, the players ACTUALLY would get scared and say "WE CAN'T WIN, We are all going to die! and half the party actually would leave the server out of fear of losing on the final map" 

• UncleDogUncleDog Member Posts: 7

Most difficult game I have ever plaed? Shoot... uhh.

Console: Shadowgate NES. This game caused my mind to look at things in every light possible. It's puzzles were interesting, but the darn torches never lasted long enough.

PC: Oregon Trail. My family died so many times that I thought about converting to Hindu's faith, just so they could re-incarnate.

MMOs: This is a tough choice, as difficult can be many things... WoW for the difficulty of putting up with other players.

I played an mmo many years ago, I cannot for the life of me remember the name... within my first three steps in the game, I was killed, corpsecamped and berated for being a noob. Yeah, that was a great game.

In fact, that difficulty kept me from online gaming for a few years, I figured they would all be the same. (I am pleased to mention that I was wrong.)

Pen and Paper: Had a real mean DM once, the kind that would give you the choice punishments... "O.k. you chose to pick up the pencil on the table, now a dragon eats you for that reason" (I honestly deserved it, I ate the last slice of pizza).

Text based MUD: Again, cannot remember the name, but everything was emote based, with no list of emotes... it was like trying to date 50 women all at once, keeping track of their hopes, dreams and hates, then having to choose the ONLY food that would be served.... it was mind breaking.

Board game: Settlers of Catan (I was the only person that did not know anyone) They all had teamed up against me, and I fought hard...... but lost hard too.

Hardest game I have ever played EVER: Real life... this pvp server sucks man... permadeath and a limited crafting system, not to mention the crazy levelling script, the ToS are a pain to uphold and the other players have ruined it for me. (I have reached level 30, but darn if it took me forever).

Dude, It's just a game.

• Cosmo3001Cosmo3001 Member UncommonPosts: 3

the most difficult mmorpg i have ever played must be Anrchy online. it got the best skill system ever and by skill system i dont mean skill trees like WoW but stats for everything. so to be really good in that game credits (gold) is not the only thing you need. You will need to know how to twink so you can equip insain gear that makes you awsome :) and till this day its still my favorit mmorpg of all time due to the fact if you ever get the hang of the game, then the feeling of acomplisment is worth it all :) and its 1000 times better then a stupid achivment....

• PsycsPsycs Member UncommonPosts: 20

Arcade: The House of the Dead 2....

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

"Contra" on the NES without the 99 lives cheat.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

I forgot this was talking about "Games" and not "computer games only" 

I would like to add in: 

Dungeons and Dragons - The temple of elemental evil (The actual tabletop campaign story) and my personal favorite, Tomb of Horrors. 

http://wetpaint.de/rpg/dnd/tomb_of_horrors.pdf

Have fun reading this...Its really trippy ^^