Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Returning

Heya.  I played AoC at launch for a few months, quit around level 70 like a lot of people because the game wasn't quite "there".  My understanding is that the game is much better and fixed and polished now, so I've seriously thought about playing again.  However, I looked at the AoC forums and noticed only 1 RP-PVP, 1 PVP, and 2 PVE servers.  Is that it?  Has the population dwindled so badly they only have 4 servers now (I'm assuming these are US/NA servers since I chose the US forums).

So, if I played again, would I be alone and levelling up by myself for the most part?  Is there a particular server that still has a good population?  The first time I played the game I never joined a guild, and I think that was part of why I didn't enjoy it as much.  I don't care if the server is pvp or pve, but is there one that's more populated that the others I should join?

Thanks,

Mukutep

Comments

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Remember all the missing content at launch.  That is not an issue anymore. Remember the performance issues. That has been fixed. For PvE there is a ton to do. Yes the population was hit. for PvE I suggest Wiccana for North America. My server has population.  I play a sin and a barb and love it. The release was terrible. The game is not terrible now. I forgive them which is why I have embraced this game since last April. Are there issues- yes. content was on hold due to the engine update. But yesterday new content was just released. End content with the expansion is a grind but if you read the posts for those complaining they dont bother to read that the grind is getting fixed to be less- all RPG's have a grind.  You can always do the trial.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Wiccana is a blast, join us. :) Just ignore most of the PvPers, as they are all 12 years old and have never known love.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I wish they would merge Set and Wiccana into one truly populated server.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.