Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

monitor no signal problem

earth2011earth2011 Member Posts: 131

i just made a new build using sapertooth  p67 and  asus 2gb 6950 my power supply is corsair 650

i am trying to make it work and its not connection with the monitor and i get no signal

also at the start the gpu spins then stops and starts again

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Is it constantly starting and stopping as long as the power is on?  It could be an infinite power loop.  Some of the newer p67 boards are having that problem.

What are the rest of your system stats?

• earth2011earth2011 Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by twodayslate

Is it constantly starting and stopping as long as the power is on?  It could be an infinite power loop.  Some of the newer p67 boards are having that problem.

i5 2500k

corsiar A50

liteon dvd wdblack caviar 1tb

g skill 8gb 2x4gb

no it does that only one time in the start

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

you did'nt say what the graphics card was . i had the same problem and i found my graphics card was failing it could be that

Originally posted by huntersam

you did'nt say what the graphics card was . i had the same problem and i found my graphics card was failing it could be that

asus 2gb 6950

• LyulfeLyulfe Member Posts: 213

Originally posted by earth2011

i just made a new build using sapertooth  p67 and  asus 2gb 6950 my power supply is corsair 650

i am trying to make it work and its not connection with the monitor and i get no signal

also at the start the gpu spins then stops and starts again

Could be the card isn't connected to the power supply properly, same thing happened to me when I put my new card in.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

What about the board?  Those are most likely the cause of that kind of thing.  Most times, the newegg customer feedback boards for the mobo will contain info on fixes (I've seen a few posts specifically mentioning to no signal).

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Steps I would try - 

Take the video card out of the slot and reseat it, make sure it clicks into place an ensure that all power cables are hooked up.

If your motherboard has multiple pci 16 slots, try the video card in another slot to see if the board is bad. 

If you have another card, put that one in and see if the computer boots. 

• DracheSCDracheSC Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by twodayslate

i5 2500k

corsiar A50

liteon dvd wdblack caviar 1tb

g skill 8gb 2x4gb

no it does that only one time in the start

Can you tell me the specific model of your power supply?

Have you tried bench-building it, to ensure it's not an electrical short somewhere in your case?

True mages don't die. They strategically miscalculate.

the monitor is asus vg236

the power supply is corsair 650

man if the wire is faulty i am going to get so mad

• DracheSCDracheSC Member Posts: 83

Do you mean the Corsair CMPSU-650TX?

Again, have you tried bench-building the machine, to ensure its not a short?

True mages don't die. They strategically miscalculate.

Originally posted by DracheSC

Do you mean the Corsair CMPSU-650TX?

Again, have you tried bench-building the machine, to ensure its not a short?

yea that is the power supply

i am going to buy a new cable tommorow and test it

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Make sure the monitor and video cable work on another system if possible.

Make sure you have the internal speaker hooked up to the motherboard, you should hear some beeps when it first starts up. Those beeps are a code: one short beep is good, it means your starting up normally. Anything else indicates some sort of problem, and the pattern of beeps can help you pinpoint what it is. If you hear no beep at all, it's motherboard or power supply (could just be power cables not all hooked up) fault.

a