Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR graphics rock! (at least now they do)

1235»

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by DarkPony

Thanks for updating the OP by the way, Mav.

*can't stop drooling*

p.s. These shoulders look pretty decently sized. Also I really love that helmet; British ww2 helmet meets fallout and predator and has a baby. Maybe I'm rolling a BH anyway ...

{mod edit - resized image a bit}

Yeah, Bioware should REALLY do something about those WOW sized shoulder pads.

/sarcasm off

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Worstluck

Check this viedo out to see some more graphical updates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskRij8AYaU

You can see how far they have come in terms of graphics. 

Cool video, but it just falls in line with what close followers of this game have said since 2008:  The textures and shading were announced as being incomplete in 2009, and they were.  It does prove that the devs were honest in that department though.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Deewe

Seems like it: anorexic female only and fat men restricted. At least that's what we saw so far.

Yeah but I've seen some footage of a Bounty Hunter last pax which was really packing an excessive amount of extra pounds and not not so much in muscle mass either, which makes me hopeful for body weight and size customization options in character creation.

• Bloodrite2Bloodrite2 Member Posts: 17

The gfx do look alot nicer now, but some of the anims are still horrible, The running and shooting with a pistol for example... it just looks... wrong

looks like they basically took the standing stretched arm aim and put running feet under it.

And hope the guy above me is right, all the females look like they have two basketballs stuffed into there shirt so far from what I've seen -_-

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Bloodrite2

And hope the guy above me is right, all the females look like they have two basketballs stuffed into there shirt so far from what I've seen -_-

I don't know, maybe it is, but she must be really good at hiding those two basketballs because I can't spot them here:

Maybe she's a smuggler or an IA being really good in having secrets and coveringimage

But I think you're right, I think that both the normal body types, female and male, of some classes are packing more muscle and curves than normal in real life. Like for example the male and female troopers.

However, I did see classes like the smuggler or IA that were more moderate in body types.

Whether that's a class thing or you can choose your body type regardless the class, that I'm not sure of.

From what I see it is possible to pick the more extreme body type variants, like junklike anorexic for female avatars and sumowrestler obese for male avatars.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

I don't know, maybe it is, but she must be really good at hiding those two basketballs because I can't spot them here:

Maybe she's a smuggler or an IA being really good in having secrets and coveringimage

But I think you're right, I think that both the normal body types, female and male, of some classes are packing more muscle and curves than normal in real life. Like for example the male and female troopers.

However, I did see classes like the smuggler or IA that were more moderate in body types.

Whether that's a class thing or you can choose your body type regardless the class, that I'm not sure of.

From what I see it is possible to pick the more extreme body type variants, like junklike anorexic for female avatars and sumowrestler obese for male avatars.

Personally, I am all for the variety of body types I have seen.  I mean, the more variety they give us, the less likely I am to see a twin of me running around the game.  When given a choice, I tend to make extreme body styles just for that reason.

If they allow us to change the color pallettes of our armor / items that will be even better.  I mean, imagine a Jedi running around in completely white robes or a trooper in forest / desert / urban camoflage!  A smuggler in a flashy red outfit or an Imperial Agent in a completely black suite would be awesome as well.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• Bloodrite2Bloodrite2 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

or maby there behind the big ass rifle covering her entire chest =p

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Seems like it: anorexic female only and fat men restricted. At least that's what we saw so far.

Yeah but I've seen some footage of a Bounty Hunter last pax which was really packing an excessive amount of extra pounds and not not so much in muscle mass either, which makes me hopeful for body weight and size customization options in character creation.

Officially there will be body choices. I think they mentioned 4 or 5 but don't expect tailor made bodies, it will be a choice among presets.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Officially there will be body choices. I think they mentioned 4 or 5 but don't expect tailor made bodies, it will be a choice among presets.

Do you have a link to a source?

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Can we get a source please, I would really like to read that interview, post, or whatever it is.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"