Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

teen summer jobs

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

hey all,

well it's that time again.. (the summer, where thousands and thousands of teenagers flock out to places to get jobs)

what I'm wondering is, from your past experiences, which places are worth my time?

I've practically applied at all the places I could find that would hire my age (16) ...which wasn't many.

any suggestions would be appreciated,

thanks

Comments

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

I have been working at a library for 3 years. Where I live they give great pay and we are soon to be in a union, which means we will get benefits. One warning: THIS IS THE MOST BORING LINE OF WORK. Every shift all I do is put books back on the shelves, check in crap, or clean up peoples mess's when its time to close. Not all that hard, but mind numbingly boring.

Im looking for a second job for the summer since I only work 11 hours right now a week. I tried looking at UPS, becuase they give benefits and good pay for part-time. THe problem with them is that the shifts are from 11:00 PM-3:30 AM, or 3:30 AM- 8:00 AM.....not exactly my awake hours.

I guess just look around at all of the stores, if you already havent. I have friends who work in sales at up scale department stores and are getting $12+ an hour, or at an expensive steak house where the tips are great. The next place im looking at is a radio shack and if not there then a paintball place near my house. Also I got my current job when I was still in highschool and they had it posted on a job board, so look there if your school has one.

• jackman11118jackman11118 Member Posts: 399

Just check your church. My church has camps where people teach little kids about god and stuff along with a sport. Im getting 8 bucks an hour to staff it. 200$ a week. Great pay. If you go to a big "newish" church, they are probably going to do the same kind of things.

edit: newish as in kind of new. not new jewish. sorry image if that confused any of you.

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065
    Yeah, church's hook you up to a factory job.
  • fawdfawd Member Posts: 367
    AMC 24
  • txrextxrex Member CommonPosts: 16

If you have the equipment you should mow lawns. Of course it depends where you live cuz i guess people have to have them to mow them. People will pay 20 bucks for their lawn and most probably take and hour or two...Even at 2 hours thats $10 an hour...wont fine that much anywhere else...then theres always a fast food restaurants.

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

wal-mart greeter.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

I'm working as a carnie this summer, not sure how good the carnival business is down in Orlando..

--------------------------------------

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    paper route lmao

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    paper route lmao

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• kernalkernal Member Posts: 106
    cunstruction baby OHH YEAH!!! fined some one who will want to hire you and teach you in there construction proffesion, look for people that WONT rip you off, cuz if you work under the counter and get cold hard cash its eligal and if the guy does not pay you, you cant do SH!t about it, my freind had that happen to him twice :P anyways get some one who will hire you maybe full time and belive me its gooooooooooooooood money say umm about 16 to 20 $ an hour if you leanr fast, and everything and its not that hard it will take you about a 3 weeks to learn the basics and then you can be on your way to making nice cash, work hard, and show that you can do the work and that you are willing to work. :) just an idea
  • HatorianHatorian Member Posts: 164

Im working as a gasoline boy... part time only... then I work as a waiter on a fastfood chain...::::08::

Im Amazed..... NOT!!!

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I would say if there is a theme park around do that. I was going to work up at Cedar Point but I failed the drug test lol.....::::28:: But I heard it was a blast though....

• nessedsnesseds Member Posts: 31

I hope this link would help you to find a job that suits you..image

http://www.arlingtonteensummerexpo.com/businesses.cfm

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    Golf caddie here, make atleast $50 from everyone. Not that many places will hire 16 year olds because face it... you suck.
  • AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268

Back in my school years I did all kind's of stuff. Worked in a greenhouse, Mowed lawn's, Graveyard caretaker, camp counselor and a host of other dumb things. If your only interested in making money do whta ever will pay the most or interests you most... or what ever is available image...Depends on where you are in the world.

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"