Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people play absurdly easy facebook games?

MMOmakerMMOmaker Member Posts: 77

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

They are fun and easy to start. Farmville is actually quite addicting although very simple.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

Originally posted by MMOmaker

Cause blind ppl like you and worse cover 90% of the world...

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I used to play Cafe World to make a cute restaurant..I also played farmville to make a cute farm but I hated it because Im used to harvest moon o.o  So I guess ppl play it for the customization and achievements! Like you know...How people grind for days to get numbers on their stats to increase?  Except for facebook games, they log in once a day and click a few things then they see their new plants/designs/etc o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• IkegIkeg Member Posts: 60

Those games are appealing to many people who aren't really gamers, and also to some gamers when they are sitting around bored. It's not a big deal.

Everquest and Everquest 2 Veteran.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Because not everyone is still a kid in school who has a lot of time for videogames when they get home. Facebook games are playable even when you're in the office and having lunchbreaks.

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

its like playing minesweeper, or sotalitare... timewasting. simples.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by RadioMaryja

its like playing minesweeper, or sotalitare... timewasting. simples.

^This pretty much. During my downtime at work I used to play games like solitare and now such fun & accessible timewasters are replaced by facebook games. Not everyone can play hardcore MMOs to waste some time.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Why do people waste their time posting on these forums? Avoiding banhammer is so absurdly easy. Moderators would need a huge buff and our posting abilities huge nerf for forum posting to have any challenge.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Robokapp

Originally posted by KhinRunite

Because not everyone is still a kid in school who has a lot of time for videogames when they get home. Facebook games are playable even when you're in the office and having lunchbreaks.

ahhh. the good old "i'm better than you because I win in real life" argument.

about 70 years ago this german guy promoted the "i'm better than you" attitude too. It wasnt pretty.

see why you shouldn't play the life card? Godwin happens.

Whoa, what? In what way is my answer a form of uplifting my ego? From my standpoint my reply is pretty informative.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Nearly noone plays difficult games. I mean, the huge amounts of games that get released these days are piss easy anyway. And if some have a higher difficulty level, then most people wouldn't even dare to try that.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• VazertVazert Member Posts: 60

they do it for the flawless pvp

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Why do people play WOW (an absurdly easy MMO)?

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Originally posted by Shoju

Got to agree with this one and in addition seeing as the WoW players enjoy throwing around that WoW has 12million players which can't be wrong then i'll add that the 30+million that play Farmville can't be wrong.

• WarhawkeWarhawke Member UncommonPosts: 42

Originally posted by Antaran

Got to agree with this one and in addition seeing as the WoW players enjoy throwing around that WoW has 12million players which can't be wrong then i'll add that the 30+million that play Farmville can't be wrong.

Have to second this!

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Originally posted by Antaran

How many of those who play Farmville would be willing to pay monthly fee for it? I'm not familiar with that game but I hear Activision sees a big opportunity to milk money from this crowd.

• RomanjisanRomanjisan Member Posts: 53

People play games for fun, that is the main reason they play any sort of game at all.  What is fun for one person might be drudgery or just plain unfun for another.  To some people, a game isn't fun unless it's difficult or challenging to master.  Other people would find such a game not very fun at all.  And still other people just want an easy-to-play game so they can unwind and have a bit of fun at the same time.  The challenging or hard games such as Darkfall or Eve, among others, just plain old-fashioned take much more time than many people are willing to invest.  Not everyday has a lot of disposable time to play the "challenging" games, so it may be Farmville or such like for them.

And like one poster said, most adults have to work for a living, so that alone cuts down on the time they have for playing the challenging or difficult-to-master games.  But since they like to game, they may very well go the easy Farmville or Minesweeper route.  Even so, the same person may like both types of games at different times in their life.  When they were young people in high school in college, they may have really liked the hard core mmo's and had the time and energy to master them.  When they got older and got married, secured a job, and had kids to raise, they probably cut  drastically down on the time they played mmo's.  Or they may have quit altogether and switched to the mentally easy and time wasting Farmville.

To wit - a game doesn't have to be challenging to be fun.  Not everyone equates fun with challenging.  Most people play Farmville because it can be fun without taking the mental energy they will need to do other things in their life that are more critical or more important to their life than mere games.

{mod edit}.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Question: Why do people play absurdly easy facebook games?

Possible Answer = Because they enjoy them?

I´m not into them but why care why some other person might enjoy something I or OP or anyone else might not enjoy?

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Why care? I guess probably for the reason that it if so many easy game become popular then very few challeneging games will be attempted?

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

What would be the point of a challenging facebook game?  Kind of defeats the purpose of the "nothing better to do" niche.

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

So what if people play farmville? I played Ninja Wars, it was terrible but an easy way to pass the time every now and then. No it wasn't difficult but I don't want that level of difficulty in the 5 minutes of time I'm going to be playing the game. I don't really see the point of this. Why do people do things that you disagree with? Well not everybody can be as cool as you I guess.

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166

Im all grown up, and i have plenty of time to play video games. Not all of us have crappy jobs that force us to spend all our time working. Not all of us think hanging out with the wife and kids is the most fun thing to do. I dont have kids, and i dont want them. I'd rather be playing video games than listening to my wife bitch and kids i dont have cry int he backseat.

So this i'm better than you because i have a REAL life is bs. Most of my friends have wives and kids, and they will go to great lengths to get away from them.

Some of us play not because we have nothing else to do, but because we find it more enjoyable than most RL activities.

• GoddwynnGoddwynn Member Posts: 49

Your comments are stupid.  I have a wife and 3 kids, I play all types of video games because I enjoy, not because i want to get away from my wife and kids.  LOL  My wife doesnt care that I play and I play alot games offline and online with my kids, who btw are 18 14 and 10. 

{mod edit}

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by shawn01

Im all grown up, and i have plenty of time to play video games. Not all of us have crappy jobs that force us to spend all our time working. Not all of us think hanging out with the wife and kids is the most fun thing to do. I dont have kids, and i dont want them. I'd rather be playing video games than listening to my wife bitch and kids i dont have cry int he backseat.

So this i'm better than you because i have a REAL life is bs. Most of my friends have wives and kids, and they will go to great lengths to get away from them.

Some of us play not because we have nothing else to do, but because we find it more enjoyable than most RL activities.

Who said having a "real life" has anything to do with wife and kids? So you have a wife and kids... that doesnt give you a life, if anything it takes it away, I mean that in the best way =]

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• SinbornSinborn Member Posts: 30

Counter-question: Why to people measure self-worth by playing games?

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by shawn01

You live in a rather warped world good sir!  Just because you are working all the time does not mean your job is crappy.  I work all the damn time because I actually like my job and I like making money.  I work insanely long hours not because I have some slavemaster boss, but because it's a good job.  Personally not married myself, but most of my friends are, and none of them are constantly trying to get away from their spouse or kids lol. 

What does this have to do with gaming?  About as much as your post did.  Nothing.

As far as facebook games, I don't play them, mainly because I am not a facebook person.  I used to play bejeweled on facebook a while ago, it was quite addicting.  They are just little mini games and really shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone to be honest.