Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy! 30 some gig ?

I saw the game for 10 bucks at gamestop, I decided to give it a try ( insead of downloading - I knew it was huge) but not that huge !  - it took 30 mins to install and now downloading more, some 2gb patch ... what the ? why is this game 30 some gigs?

Is it really that awesome looking that requires that much data ?

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by cenettix

I saw the game for 10 bucks at gamestop, I decided to give it a try ( insead of downloading - I knew it was huge) but not that huge !  - it took 30 mins to install and now downloading more, some 2gb patch ... what the ? why is this game 30 some gigs?

Is it really that awesome looking that requires that much data ?

If you did download it you would have had the option of just downloading portions of the game that you would need. For instance, you could have downloaded the Tutorial and levels 10-20 zones and waited on downloading the other. The game would have been smaller, but take longer to install.

I also think this game has an expansion out and a new engine update to boot. Don't know if that results in a bigger game, but there you go.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

It did the same to me when I bought it not long after release (why I bought a fantasy MMO in the 1st place I have no idea) and it downloaded a 18GB patch with a really slow download speed.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• cenettixcenettix Member Posts: 6

hmm.. jokes on me then. I should've downloaded instead. *sigh*