Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE: New RP hub ???

With what is soon to be one of the cooler character creators out there and space staions as meeting hubs for EVE Online. What do you think are the chances that a massive RP movement rises in the game? There's already some RPers but with actual toons and locations such as tech-pubs and the likes... I can see EVE's number reaching new highs.

I for one am seriously thinking about reactivating my account simply to RP in the setting. What's your take on it?

Comments

• HandsomeHussHandsomeHuss Member UncommonPosts: 100

I'm not a roleplayer myself, but the great thing about sandbox is that you can make of the world what you want. The potential for RP in EvE is huge.

I saw one of the coolest ideas in a thread over on the official RP forums just the other day. This guy is "building the first ever Hospital Ship." The idea is to take one of the large support ships and 'RP' it up...So he'll have a layout of the ship worked out, for things like number of beds/wards, crew/medical staff, etc... basically turn his ship into an RP hospital. Then he'll be flying from system to system, entirely in character tending to the wounded. He'll show up in large fleet battles to lend support as a neutral party... and if anybody should ever engage the hospital ship, he'll have the support of entire alliances to come down on them.

I think thats just brilliant, and hope he can get a large enough following. He'll attract large numbers of griefers/pirates who want to blow him up just for the hell of it, but if he can get some support behind him... he may just be a big drama hulk drifting through space, creating war wherever he goes...

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Are there any Eve RP corp recruiting? :(  I am having zero luck since I just recently came back.

• StyijStyij Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by HandsomeHuss

I'm not a roleplayer myself, but the great thing about sandbox is that you can make of the world what you want. The potential for RP in EvE is huge.

I saw one of the coolest ideas in a thread over on the official RP forums just the other day. This guy is "building the first ever Hospital Ship." The idea is to take one of the large support ships and 'RP' it up...So he'll have a layout of the ship worked out, for things like number of beds/wards, crew/medical staff, etc... basically turn his ship into an RP hospital. Then he'll be flying from system to system, entirely in character tending to the wounded. He'll show up in large fleet battles to lend support as a neutral party... and if anybody should ever engage the hospital ship, he'll have the support of entire alliances to come down on them.

I think thats just brilliant, and hope he can get a large enough following. He'll attract large numbers of griefers/pirates who want to blow him up just for the hell of it, but if he can get some support behind him... he may just be a big drama hulk drifting through space, creating war wherever he goes...

The first griefers that get wind of his location will suicide him alliance or not...just to do it. That's Eve.

• VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Styij

The first griefers that get wind of his location will suicide him alliance or not...just to do it. That's Eve.

Yeah...sad to realize that if there were no true death in real life, people would do this as well in Real LIfe.  I like Eve, but it makes me realize too many terrible things about the nature of mankind.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by VGTheory

Yeah...sad to realize that if there were no true death in real life, people would do this as well in Real LIfe.  I like Eve, but it makes me realize too many terrible things about the nature of mankind.

Realize what?  That in impossible situations people would do things they normally wouldn't?  Come on, thats like saying "If fires didnt hurt anything then people would be lighting everything on fire, humanity is terrible."

We are not in a "No Death" universe so your realizations on humanity are absurd.  Very few people will just go and blow things up and kill people in the process for laughs.  There is always a reason.

• VGTheoryVGTheory Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by marinrider

Originally posted by VGTheory

Realize what?  That in impossible situations people would do things they normally wouldn't?  Come on, thats like saying "If fires didnt hurt anything then people would be lighting everything on fire, humanity is terrible."

We are not in a "No Death" universe so your realizations on humanity are absurd.  Very few people will just go and blow things up and kill people in the process for laughs.  There is always a reason.

I should be more plain.  In a universe where there are no or are severely lessened consequences, people will act in terrible ways.  I think the way some powerful people in our society act show that plainly enough.