Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is SOOO great about Runescape??

FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

I saw this game play video and the pvp was..i dunno. I have no words of describing it. Why are there different versions of it?? There's one with really ugly graphics and another one which was quite good. I'm confused. How many games have Runescape as a title?

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

Comments

• guiltyoneguiltyone Member UncommonPosts: 103

The difference in graphics is just the settings of the persons computer. The better the hardware (and mind you it doesn't require great hardware) the better it looks. Same as many other games; however, it can also run in a very low graphic mode for access with very low end machines. They are the same game, just running different modes. The game is free to play and doesn't require a download; if you're curious go check it out.

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    Linus Torvalds

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

As far as I can remember, Runescape made an update with the graphics. I'm not sure if it was last year or just a few months ago. The new Runescape still has the same gameplay but better graphics.

For your question, I believe that many people like Runescape because it's accessible, being a browser-based game. It also has low system requirements which allows people with ancient old computers to still be able to play the game. I once played this game years before when I was searching for online games. Although of course, now that I'm playing more recent and more advanced MMORPGs, I tend to compare and Runescape is out of my taste now.

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

i seee. i probably saw the one recorded using a really low end computer. thanks mate! i'll probably check it out soon. just got confused at the graphics part lol. 

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

• meilirsmeilirs Member UncommonPosts: 33

There are also two versions of the game. One is Ruenscape Classic (RSC) and the other one is just called Runescape (RS). However, you can barely access RSC now if you aren't an old player.

RSC is 10 years old and the graphics are ancient. Is that what you saw? ;)