Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New character models are here!!

13»

Comments

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I honestly think we have gotten a little too sidetracked.  Anyone who plays Alganon, I request that you please take screenshots of your characters new models (especially if you play a human female or kujix), or take screenshots of the new character creation screen, or even make a movie.  I think that will solve the biggest concern mentioned in this thread: lack of screenshots and coverage in general.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

dsmart, I gotta say I give you "big ups"!  Other developers would have gone away and not been heard of again, but you keep coming back to give info and clear previous confusions.  You can only commend a man for that kind of dedication.  To tell you the truth, this game didn't interest me one bit until YOU wrote that YOU are in charge.  Now I'm intrigued to see what this game has come to be with a passionate person such as yourself running the show.  Cheers, and don't let the negativity get you down!

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Originally posted by MadDemon64

I honestly think we have gotten a little too sidetracked.  Anyone who plays Alganon, I request that you please take screenshots of your characters new models (especially if you play a human female or kujix), or take screenshots of the new character creation screen, or even make a movie.  I think that will solve the biggest concern mentioned in this thread: lack of screenshots and coverage in general.

*sigh* well, if it really means that much to you, I'll have the guys take some shots and I'll do new blog post about it and post the link here. How does that sound?

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by dsmart

*sigh* well, if it really means that much to you, I'll have the guys take some shots and I'll do new blog post about it and post the link here. How does that sound?

It sounds like something that should be taken for granted to be honest. 

If you read a post titled "New character models are here" written on March 17th one would naturally expect to see pictures of the new models. Failing that the link that you later added that goes to your blog post on March 17th, again one would naturally assume there would be screen shots there. 

Why act like it is some huge inconvenience to put up some pictures of what you are trying to get people interested in?

Originally posted by Daffid011

If you read a post titled "New character models are here" written on March 17th one would naturally expect to see pictures of the new models. Failing that the link that you later added that goes to your blog post on March 17th, again one would naturally assume there would be screen shots there. 

Why act like it is some huge inconvenience to put up some pictures of what you are trying to get people interested in?

It is people like you that makes doing this NOT FRIGGING WORTH IT.

My post original here DID link to shots via the blog post.

If some folks didn't bother to go to the directed link - which DID contain shots - that's their problem, not mine.

If some folks feel that there should be more shots, that's their problem, not mine. The blog post was not a graphics showcase; it was a dev update, pure and simple.

So what you're going on about is patently irrelevant, inconsequential and just another stab at trolling.

Now I'm offering to add a specific post about shots and you want to continue this pointless and ludicrous rhetoric? Know what? Fark it - forget I said anything. I'll go find something else to do with my time. Anyone wanting to see more shots than I've posted in my dev blog, can download the game. After all, it is FREE.

Have a nice day.

Your original post has no link to anything and it has never been edited.  So no it didn't have whatever you want to claim it did.  That is a fact.

Several others commented about the lack of screen shots.  Again a fact.

Making personal attacks against me will not change that. 

Your original post has no link to anything and it has never been edited.  So no it didn't have whatever you want to claim it did.  That is a fact.

Really? Here are the facts from THIS thread:

Post #1 was the announcement

Post #2 was someone asking for screen shots

Post #3 was my post with a link to the blog WITH the shots

Post #22 was another of my post with both link types

Go ahead and argue all you want, but those are the facts.

And the only person making personal attacks - and whining much ado about nothing - is you.

Post #1 was the announcement

Post #2 was someone asking for screen shots

Post #3 was my post with a link to the blog WITH the shots

Post #22 was another of my post with both link types

And the only person making personal attacks - and whining much ado about nothing - is you.

Sorry, but 2 screenshots, one being a before and the other being an after of a human male is not enough.

Also, you just made a personal attack by saying that he is the only one making a personal attack and "whining much ado about nothing".

[1] Post #1 was the announcement

[2] Post #2 was someone asking for screen shots

[3] Post #3 was my post with a link to the blog WITH the shots

[4] Post #22 was another of my post with both link types

[1] You said and I quote you "My post original here DID link to shots via the blog post.".  Your original post has no links what-so-ever.  That is a fact.  It is also a fact why people were so confused about this announcement.

[2] True.

[3] You linked to a blog and the blog entry for the SAME DAY you made this announcement had zero screenshots.  Fact.  Furthermore the blog entry with the SINGLE screen shot was made two months prior to your announcement.  Fact. 

[4] Post 22 was made 18 days after the original post.   Fact

I am not arguing.  Just pointing out facts.  If you don't like those facts, then to use your own expression, that is your problem.

As for the highlighted, I invite you to directly quote me where I attack you.  After the tongue lashing you gave me and I am genuinely interested in seeing what you think is a personal insult. 

Anyhow, still interested to see the new models if you ever get some shots up. 

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Oh cmon guys!!! Why don't you post screenshots of your penises so we can see who has the biggest one and end this now!!!

All of this for the new Alganon toon models?That means that some people STILL wanna give this game a chance.

That's how I see it.!

And Mr Smart i think that Quest Online should/could promote a bit better this upgrade .I would post pics in the front page if i was you! After all avatars are really important in all modern mmorpg games and any visual change would/could attract players....I said visual and this means screenshots that could/would MAINLY entice people to try Alganon once again.I would..

Imagine if Lotro did that change what would the new model screenshot demand would be like.....(this is to persuade you that THIS was a big thing for Alganon and you guys sort of kept it under)

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

Smrt said "It is people like you that makes doing this NOT FRIGGING WORTH IT. My post original here DID link to shots via the blog post.

And how is this type of comment going to help the game get more people to play it. You know a lot of people would say a comment like "it is people like you" is a very racist comment.

The person that this was said to could be of what ever color, nationaliity etc. If it was said to me I would call it out as a very racist remark.  But then I have morals and such.

Oh the screen shots do not show up on most browers. That could be most of the problem. Maybe get someone that knows something about making web pages do the PR work. Might solve some of this very mild bitch feast.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Oh, for crying out loud, is this thread still going strong? Much ado about nothing.

Well, here's the changes in character model, apparently:

And no, I didn't find it in any link that Derek Smart gave, although I could've sworn that I found this pic somewhere in his blogs some time ago, but not anymore. Still, it's the same pic.

Now, the fact that they've hidden any screenshots about the character models so deep instead of just providing samples on a front page or elsewhere where it's easy to find, is either because their marketing/communication guys are really bad.

Or it's because they don't want you to just find them, maybe because they're aware that it's not that impressive a change compared to visual makeovers in some other MMO's, so they just want to generate discussion about it and buzz to make people curious enough that they log into Alganon just to see what's the fuss about. After which a number of them maybe stays, or so that statistics can be shown saying something like 'the number of players in Alganon has increased this month with 200%' or something like that.

edit: nothing bad said about the devs or designers, btw, I'm sure there will have been quite some improvement of the old character models, even if I can't verify it because I have no inclination to sate a mild curiosity with installing and logging into Alganon.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Oh, for crying out loud, is this thread still going strong? Much ado about nothing.

Well, here's the changes in character model, apparently:

And no, I didn't find it in any link that Derek Smart gave, although I could've sworn that I found this pic somewhere in his blogs some time ago, but not anymore. Still, it's the same pic.

Now, the fact that they've hidden any screenshots about the character models so deep instead of just providing samples on a front page or elsewhere where it's easy to find, is either because their marketing/communication guys are really bad.

Or it's because they don't want you to just find them, maybe because they're aware that it's not that impressive a change compared to visual makeovers in some other MMO's, so they just want to generate discussion about it and buzz to make people curious enough that they log into Alganon just to see what's the fuss about. After which a number of them maybe stays, or so that statistics can be shown saying something like 'the number of players in Alganon has increased this month with 200%' or something like that.

edit: nothing bad said about the devs or designers, btw, I'm sure there will have been quite some improvement of the old character models, even if I can't verify it because I have no inclination to sate a mild curiosity with installing and logging into Alganon.

Now all we need are some before/after pics of the human female, and the talrok male/female, plus a few more pics showcasing different face/hair combos.

Smart, you might want to hire MMOMaverick as your PR guy or something, because quite frankly he is doing a better job of selling your game than you (no offense though).

• GandrellGandrell Member Posts: 22

It is people like you that makes doing this NOT FRIGGING WORTH IT.

My post original here DID link to shots via the blog post.

If some folks didn't bother to go to the directed link - which DID contain shots - that's their problem, not mine.

If some folks feel that there should be more shots, that's their problem, not mine. The blog post was not a graphics showcase; it was a dev update, pure and simple.

So what you're going on about is patently irrelevant, inconsequential and just another stab at trolling.

Now I'm offering to add a specific post about shots and you want to continue this pointless and ludicrous rhetoric? Know what? Fark it - forget I said anything. I'll go find something else to do with my time. Anyone wanting to see more shots than I've posted in my dev blog, can download the game. After all, it is FREE.

Have a nice day.

I love this guy! He really knows how to sel the game to you! I know I wanna play again now I have a beard and look like I just jumped out of sparta. wipeeee...........

Still waiting on the screenshots

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I didnt really see a whole lot of difference...