Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 questions.

Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

Just curious about the game a little bit. Any infoformation on the game would be nice. I am going to try the 14 day trail downloading the game now.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Justin83x

Just curious about the game a little bit. Any infoformation on the game would be nice. I am going to try the 14 day trail downloading the game now.

There's just too much to write about it. Could you be a bit more specific. It would be much easier to answer specific questions.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by Sovrath

There's just too much to write about it. Could you be a bit more specific. It would be much easier to answer specific questions.

I guess tell me the best melee class for dps, but keep in mind I really like the hell knight idea. Then i guess tell me the top 3 most important things to know about it in ur pov.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

I would sugest Orc Destroyer.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I guess tell me the best melee class for dps, but keep in mind I really like the hell knight idea. Then i guess tell me the top 3 most important things to know about it in ur pov.

If you looking for a melee dps then forget about Hell Knight because thats a Tank class which is not considered a dd. As one poster said the Destroyer is the best dps melee class in the game but I also suggest you look into the Tyrant and Gladiator classes too. Just YouTube those classes to see them in action.

I have a Dark Elf Storm Screamer (sort of a large damage nuker) but for my subclass went Destroyer.

It's actually an Orc class but one can play another class at a certain level by doing a subclass quest.

I went back adn forth between gladiator and destroyer and I just loved the 2 handed large damage class. If you want to start as a destroyer you will have to play an orc.

Keep in mind that Orcs in L2 are not the frumpy orcs of other games. They are more like Green Klingons. Proud, strong fire race.

Important thigns? Join a good clan. In lieu of that join a clan academy to get help/advice. This is a clan based game.

It' has a harder levleing curve than most games. Having said that, there is a huge update coming that will change the face fo the game. It's suppose to even out leveling, put in jumping and making WASD a better alternative (as it is now it's a point to move game with horrible wasd movement) and essentially update the game.

The areas are beautiful and the gear is beautiful. This game is all about style but has a lot of depth. I just hate making money in this game as it can be very time consuming.

As it stands now, you either make money or you level. It's a hardcore game though not as hardcore as it was when it came out.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

I have a Dark Elf Storm Screamer (sort of a large damage nuker) but for my subclass went Destroyer.

It's actually an Orc class but one can play another class at a certain level by doing a subclass quest.

I went back adn forth between gladiator and destroyer and I just loved the 2 handed large damage class. If you want to start as a destroyer you will have to play an orc.

Keep in mind that Orcs in L2 are not the frumpy orcs of other games. They are more like Green Klingons. Proud, strong fire race.

Important thigns? Join a good clan. In lieu of that join a clan academy to get help/advice. This is a clan based game.

It' has a harder levleing curve than most games. Having said that, there is a huge update coming that will change the face fo the game. It's suppose to even out leveling, put in jumping and making WASD a better alternative (as it is now it's a point to move game with horrible wasd movement) and essentially update the game.

The areas are beautiful and the gear is beautiful. This game is all about style but has a lot of depth. I just hate making money in this game as it can be very time consuming.

As it stands now, you either make money or you level. It's a hardcore game though not as hardcore as it was when it came out.

Does the exp curve compare to Aion when it first came out? Whats a good human, or dark elf class that uses 2 swords or 2h swords with high dps. Since the hell knight is a tank class. Not a fan of orcs in any game really.

Does the exp curve compare to Aion when it first came out? Whats a good human, or dark elf class that uses 2 swords or 2h swords with high dps. Since the hell knight is a tank class. Not a fan of orcs in any game really.

The humans have Warlord, who wields 2h Polearms for AoE, and Gladiator with dual swords. The orc Destroyer is the only one that can wield 2h swords and smile about it.

Originally posted by WraithHunter

The humans have Warlord, who wields 2h Polearms for AoE, and Gladiator with dual swords. The orc Destroyer is the only one that can wield 2h swords and smile about it.

Doesn't the glad class up into something else? If so does it keep the 2 swords?

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Well you could level something up and sub the two handed orc class on your human or DE. The EXP curve is alot higher than Aion. It jumps quite a bit at the larger levels. You can get 1-40 in like a day or two if you know exactly where to go. But even if you have a group at like 60+ it still takes a long time.

The gladi classes up to Duelist, at 75+. He keeps dual swords.

All classes you choose at 40 keep their weapon types until end-game.

Again, you have to see the orcs. I'll say it one more time, closer to "handsome" klingons. That are green.

There are no dark elf 2 handed users. Oh, you can use one at lower lvls but as you lvl you wont' unless you adopt destroyer as a subclass. Blade Dancer uses 2 swords but it's primarily a buffer class.

As far as the levelign curve, even with some of the changes, aion's leveling curve is cake CAKE compared to L2.

That's why whenever i see someoen say "Aion is grindy and hard leveling" I have to laugh.

Now, to be fair they did change a few things so that if you actually do the quests in the starter areas you will level extremely quickly.

And there is a vitality system that will add to your xp. However this game is mostly a grind game and it gets very hard the higher you go.

Another "however". The game might be a grind game but it's not "about' the grinding. It's about the player interaction. The grinding just sets the stage for what happens in the game.

Some might disagree with me but I call L2 a "pvp sandbox". meaning that like EVE, the game play solely centers on player interaction. This is not a theme park game. If you want to create an alliance that will take on the server you can, if you want to pvp a pk'er and hold a lower lvl town hostage you can, if your clan wants to control (and "can" control) a hunting ground you can.

You have to decide what you are about. If you wanted to be a trusted crafter or merchant selling and obtaining materials for crafting you can.

this is not "grab five quests and run back for more.  You really have to be proactive in this game.

orc:

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

Orcs were always my favs, even the female orcs were hot lol.

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.