Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What WoW did wrong

Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Is it just me or do you feel this way too?

When i really started to see it go downhill just in my own personal opinion was taking the reward out of raiding. Of course you still get the reward of killing the boss with friends and stuff and thats cool but rewards in games used to make you feel differentiated from the "lower beings" of the world simply because you kicked more *** and put more time in.

The content in WoW has always been extremely fun to me, most of the time it blew my mind. Its all really well coreographed or whatever and only gotten more-so over time simply because they had to make the content available to a much more casual gamer. So the fights are somewhat easier as far as length but the co-ordination required to do the hardest modes in the game is pretty sweet.

Gear is probably the biggest reward. How could it not be? You grind bosses and instances weekly to earn it. So what happens when every single player in the game, casual or hardcore is wearing the same exact gear set with possibly slightly higher or lower stats?

I dont know about you but WoW lost its sense of reward for me when they started handing out damn near raid equivalent gear from heroic badges.

I still played it tho, of course, i made tons of friends and i loved the content, ive always loved the content.

I had full every single tier set on my priest from the very beginning, i grinded that and had a ton of fun raiding it too.

The content in WoW oh man how incredible i think it is.

I wasnt able to enjoy it as much as i used to tho. If youve played WoW as long as i have you may know what i mean.

I still played but i found myself chillin in town alt tabbing and browsing the net all the time.

I dont need to feel "elite" to feel rewarded, i just want to feel rewarded for conquering the hardest content.

The last rewarding feelings i remember are of course killing the bosses with my friends, wonderful people, and getting a mount.

A mount.

Thats the last reward i remember getting from pretty much every raid.

Theres a lot of incredible things in WoW, the content is avast? i think thats right, whatevs.

To me it just lost its rewarding feeling, a real one, like i actually did conquer a great boss fight.

Not only did they homogenise the classes more and more and more but they homogenised the gear sets. (How do you spell that freakin word?)

Im pretty sure theres more but i need to stop writing now.

I love WoW as a whole but ya know.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by monstermmo

Is it just me or do you feel this way too?

When i really started to see it go downhill just in my own personal opinion was taking the reward out of raiding. Of course you still get the reward of killing the boss with friends and stuff and thats cool but rewards in games used to make you feel differentiated from the "lower beings" of the world simply because you kicked more *** and put more time in.

The content in WoW has always been extremely fun to me, most of the time it blew my mind. Its all really well coreographed or whatever and only gotten more-so over time simply because they had to make the content available to a much more casual gamer. So the fights are somewhat easier as far as length but the co-ordination required to do the hardest modes in the game is pretty sweet.

Gear is probably the biggest reward. How could it not be? You grind bosses and instances weekly to earn it. So what happens when every single player in the game, casual or hardcore is wearing the same exact gear set with possibly slightly higher or lower stats?

I dont know about you but WoW lost its sense of reward for me when they started handing out damn near raid equivalent gear from heroic badges.

I still played it tho, of course, i made tons of friends and i loved the content, ive always loved the content.

I had full every single tier set on my priest from the very beginning, i grinded that and had a ton of fun raiding it too.

The content in WoW oh man how incredible i think it is.

I wasnt able to enjoy it as much as i used to tho. If youve played WoW as long as i have you may know what i mean.

I still played but i found myself chillin in town alt tabbing and browsing the net all the time.

I dont need to feel "elite" to feel rewarded, i just want to feel rewarded for conquering the hardest content.

The last rewarding feelings i remember are of course killing the bosses with my friends, wonderful people, and getting a mount.

A mount.

Thats the last reward i remember getting from pretty much every raid.

Theres a lot of incredible things in WoW, the content is avast? i think thats right, whatevs.

To me it just lost its rewarding feeling, a real one, like i actually did conquer a great boss fight.

Not only did they homogenise the classes more and more and more but they homogenised the gear sets. (How do you spell that freakin word?)

Im pretty sure theres more but i need to stop writing now.

I love WoW as a whole but ya know.

Raids dont need much coordination, otherwise it wouldnt be possible to take that many players through them. Or complete noobs even. Its more like learning to jump through hoops. Once you know it, its easy and repeating it turns into the next treadmill. Except the first ones who figured out how to beat those encounters really conquered a challenge.

Ive never understood the boasting about raiding. If there is anything to boast about, its having the stamina to do the same thing over and over and over and over. Imo thats a poor thing to boast about if the company doesnt pay you to do it.

Raids are supposed to be fun, because its a game you play.

Team PVP takes coordination. If designed well, the challenge never grows stale.

Im positive that most WoW players enjoy WoW for other things then raiding. So I cant see how they did much wrong there.

EDIT: Im not just talking about WoW if it comes to PVE btw. Many MMO's are easy games compared to singleplayer games anyway. Thats why so many nongamers play MMO's and can take part in endgame.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

My interest always waned once I'd capped a few characters and was left with the nothing else to do but raid.  I don't mind the concept of raiding.  The gear is pretty and environments are new (initially).  The problem is that you need to be around other players that I would otherwise have nothing to do with. 

Early on, it wasn't so bad.  But the community has become such a cesspool that half the PuGs feel like they're filled with pre-pubescent chimpanzees and the guilds capable of raiding are very much the same, just more arrogant.  Frankly, no raid reward is worth being subjected to the necessities required to obtain it.  The content isn't particularly difficult and I don't mind spending the time, just not with people that I'd sooner submerge in a vat of acid than play a friendly game with.

Now, I'm not prepared to say that this is something that WoW did wrong.  But for someone like me who has a low tolerance for jackassery, the fact that I have to group with people I generally dislike (if not outright loathe) is the single biggest factor that drove me away.  In fact, the game pretty much does it right -- just not for me.

• TurdinatorTurdinator Member Posts: 210

I don't think the developers did anything wrong. I think they tried to evolve the game.  The problem is that it still has the same formula:  grind, get gear, repeat  , along with the same tired graphics.

It's not enough anymore. I was in SW yesterday during peak hours and saw (maybe) 30 people.  Masses are leaving.  Most of the people I know haven't went to another MMO. They are simply burned out.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

at the risk of sounding like a hater... what WoW did wrong was listen to all the whiners of the community, dumbing things down for all the people who dont want to earn gear or levels, and basically spoonfeeding the new players to make the game not much of a challenge to play.  but. hey it seems to work for them, people who dont know how to play mmorpgs join that game all the time cause it's on easy mode now and they all need the instant gratification.

• BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162

I still play WoW so this is not a hater post - just painfully realisitc. SWG was the best ever until Smedley killed it. Greed kills.

1) Activision bought Blizzard.

2) They dumbed the game down to sell boxes.

3) They then made Heroics too damned long for a casual player to participate. There aren't 12 million people willing to play for 2 hours straight to get through one Heroic.

4) Despite knowing they have the worst community in gaming, they implemented the cross server, anonymous dungeon finder. If you love this then you have far better luck with PUGs than I.

5) The "experienced" devs have switched to Titan, leaving the current gang of nubs in charge.

So greed and hubris led them to their errors - nothing new there in the MMO world.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by Katilla

at the risk of sounding like a hater... what WoW did wrong was listen to all the whiners of the community, dumbing things down for all the people who dont want to earn gear or levels, and basically spoonfeeding the new players to make the game not much of a challenge to play.  but. hey it seems to work for them, people who dont know how to play mmorpgs join that game all the time cause it's on easy mode now and they all need the instant gratification.

Im not a hater either and this is how i felt.

What i posted in the original post was mostly just the major things that made me not wanna play it anymore. I still think the content in the game and everything is great, i just dont want to play it anymore.

PvP ruining PvE is definitely a huge bad part of what happened also.

Rift forums have the same issue and there was a post about the "silent fans" or something and its basically saying the people that love the game are playing it, not wasting their time on the forums crying about imbalance. The opinionated far outweigh the silent and its sad because the silent ones would probably make a game better, not worse.

Thats up to the devs tho whether they listen to the "baddies" and "balance" things and nerf things or not.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I like what they did with the LFD tool and heroics and gear.   You can't grow a game if the majority of your players stop progressing their character.   While raiders hate that casual can get gear.. the fact is they MUST constantly be getting better gear.. or they will leave.  I think in WOTLK, they made it a little too easy and too fast, but  Cata is much better.   Casual players probably have one or two pieces from Rep,and maybe a few more from valor... but they are also constantly working for that next peice of progression, which gives them a reason to log in.

Raiders, like myself, havve all epic 359 gear by now with one or two blue pieces if we have bad RNG.  We are starting in heroics, so will gradually be picking up some 372 stuff.

Everyone is progressing, which is what keeps people paying month after month compared to vanilla where a lot of people quit after they got to the Raid2play point.

>>>

In my opinion, the devs have made two mistakes.

1.  They need to seperate pvp from pve skills and spells.. end of story.  They do it a little bit with CCs and some other rules, but mostly they end up causing major problems with PVE when they try to balance PVP. 

2.  Too much tinkering..   I think Ghostcrawler is getting wrapped up in this... it seems like they spend a large amount of time and meetings discussing really minor issues that force players to relearn the game, or maybe just regem and reforge....  but in any event, it forces players to do too much outside reasing to keep up with these rather trivial changes.  For example, the devs will make a change, then you will be forced to go to a website to find out the 'right way' to spec, gem, reforge etc.. but when you get to the websites, 95% of the information isn't updated.    Perfect example... is expertise a useful stat for tanks....  everything in game tells you yes, becasue it prevents parrys (which increase the bosses attack speed and causes you more damage).  The only.  Only the devs changed it so bosses no longer get the speed buff.    So basically if you just play the game, you will stack expertise to get rid of the bosses parry,  if you read websites (half of them) you will know not to stack expertise, but  now they are thinking of changing it again so where expertise is useful for tanks...

The problem with the devs is they think everyone plays wow like a full time job and pays attention to every little rule change.

And at the same time they are having these meetings about very small, insignificant changes, they spend no time on crafting, guild leveling, guild challenges, archeology and other game systems that are incredibly boring.  Almost every craft skill is simply a cut and paste from WOTLK with bigger numbers.  Archeology and guild leveling are boring as anything and just a huge time sink.  There is nothing remotely fun about either of them except the rewards.  Guild challenges are coming.. and they are a boring tack on of a boring system.  Wow, you get experience for doing a heroic dungeon.... and with guild challenges.. you will get more experience for running heroics.... wow, how innovative.

The devs need to get away from this crazy microanalyzing everything, and instead go back to making things fun.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

To me what ruined WoW was the complete abandonment of any open world PVP.  They just completely gave up on it in Cataclysm even in a very limited form.  Game over for me and I dropped my sub, probably forever.

I have no idea why they abandoned the idea of each expansion having at least one zone (or parts of zones) dedicated to relatively continuous PVP.  The strength of WoW was they had a good balance of absolutely everything a thempark MMO needed, until Cataclysm where they just abandoned these open world PVP objectives.

Even a simple thing like Wintergrasp being continuous flagged PVP gave just enough for me to scratch that random non-structured PVP itch now and then.  There were always a few of the opposite faction there to mess around with and vice versa.  In my opinion they should have made Tol Barad zone autoflag PVP as well.

The previous expansions all had multiple objectives as well that autoflagged you PVP.

WoW lost their way when they became PVE only in the open world, at least they lost their way to me...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

To me, the increased fast travel (especially the dungeon finder) made it worse. People could queue to anything from anywhere. It makes no sense and kills any immersion.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

I think catering to casuals is what WoW did right.  The old vanguard of MMO's from EQ, UO, and AC showed that they could not support a grinder sandbox game like they did in the past.  Eve came at a good time when people gave games a chance.  Now days when a game releases you can almost hear the trumpets like it is Derby Days and if that horse does not come out of the blocks at a gallop and win then off to the glue farm it goes.

People demand so much from a game now.  Great graphics, no lag, lots of features, limited bugs, etc....all these things mean $$$.  If you are going to get investors to invest you need to promise them returns....and big ones.  Causals create those returns.

People want to plug in, play, perform, and win....for this they will give their cash over in hugh amounts.  Blizzard capitalizes on this.  Other games go for the depth, struggle, achieve...which is great for some, but others just want to escape and get the warm fuzzy or carrot on the end of that stick instead of having it constantly jerked away.

We can all say how great it would be to create a game for gamers with no concern for large profits.  Well go take out a hugh loan or empty your piggy bank and give it to a developer.  I think most of us will sit back and say no to that.

Video gaming is now one of if not the biggest entertainment market across the world.  Until people stop paying upfront for crap and force developers to tell publishers they are going to slow down and do it right.  Blizzard hit its market on the head.  Other games try to copy their target market, but struggle. 

Anyone that hates WoW for destroying MMO's should check and see if they pre-ordered something that came out as a "WoW Clone" or an underdeveloped piece of crap.  If you did preorder then you are the problem not WoW.  Force developers and publisher to prove their game to you.  Otherwise you prove P T Barnum right "there's a sucker born every minute."

But anyway...WoW targeted the casual market and did it to great success whether you like their target or not.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by ReallyNow10

Simple.  What "WOW did wrong" was it stopped being a "world" and started being a "story".  And after you've been through a story once, no need (or desire) to ever go through it again.

Once you have seen the world, there is not need for you go through it again.

@OP, yes I would agree if  I cared about raiding. For me high-end pve in any game is just a waste of my time. It's repeating the same thing over and over again for some stupid reward be it gear or cash. This applies to every single MMO. Once you see you have done it once there is absolutely no reason to do it a second time except for those carrots...nom nom nom...

PvPing though is what keeps me playing. And WoW's PvP is quite fun, the arenas that is :D

Originally posted by Ausare

But anyway...WoW targeted the casual market and did it to great success whether you like their target or not.

This. People just don't want to accept that WoW is for casuals who just want to log off for abit once in a while and have fun or chill out.

The main thing MMO players need to learn is called TOLERANCE! Someone prefers x to z and this does not coincide with your opinion, BIG DEAL! Learn to be understanding of other people's preferences and choices. ^_^

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162
    And raiders get a real life and go back to playing casually or quit altogether. There is a lot more money in catering to the casual audience. Remember the old Diablo 2 Hardcore mode? That was genius. You could have both.
  • HyperbeamHyperbeam Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by Unlight

My interest always waned once I'd capped a few characters and was left with the nothing else to do but raid.  I don't mind the concept of raiding.  The gear is pretty and environments are new (initially).  The problem is that you need to be around other players that I would otherwise have nothing to do with. 

Early on, it wasn't so bad.  But the community has become such a cesspool that half the PuGs feel like they're filled with pre-pubescent chimpanzees and the guilds capable of raiding are very much the same, just more arrogant.  Frankly, no raid reward is worth being subjected to the necessities required to obtain it.  The content isn't particularly difficult and I don't mind spending the time, just not with people that I'd sooner submerge in a vat of acid than play a friendly game with.

Now, I'm not prepared to say that this is something that WoW did wrong.  But for someone like me who has a low tolerance for jackassery, the fact that I have to group with people I generally dislike (if not outright loathe) is the single biggest factor that drove me away.  In fact, the game pretty much does it right -- just not for me.

I couldn't agree more, well said.

I want to clarify because a couple of the responses.

I dont think it was a bad idea on Blizzards part to cater to the casuals, i completely understand it. Thats just a part of what ruined it for me personally.

I do like the other responses and why WoW failed for other people, im just saying how it went downhill for me.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

For what it is worth, I was one of those players that decided to leave after 6 years of end game raiding in wow.  Went to Rift to hopefully find more fun and a little more relaxed play (and time with kids), found it good, BUT it felt like i was playing wow that was 2 years old with updated gfx, just no wow factor appart from occassional gfx.  Givent time it will probably be as big as wow in terms of content with the benefit of  better gfx and other tweaks learned from other mmos, but by the time that happens GW2 or even WOW 2 is gonna be there or thereabouts and rift will look dated very quickly.  The way i think of it, if RIFT and WOW released at the same time then RIFT would be the better game - but that is not the case ofc, wow has that 6 years to it's credit.

Although i get the urge to go back to wow, when I think about it, its purely addiction or habit, it was undoubtably a great game, but it is showing its age now badly.  In addition there are a number of issues that just makes me think why would i do this again?  Thats the problem, wow is stale, we need a new mmorg model. 

My gamble now is to play Guild wars through the expansions and get immersed in that world (using the hall of achievment is a goal now!) to prep for GW2. Good fun, and if GW2 has the PVE end game to compliment the rest of it's features then exciting times again!

Negatives for wow (for me at least)

1. Talent balancing issues.   They reduced the talent trees, but still take months and months to aknowledge and fix balancing issues, in a game where balancing means the difference between playing and being benched in your guild (an ugly concept for a game in fact)

2. Removing 25 man achievments and benefits of 25 man raiding.  I have nothing against 10 man, but I the majority of 25 man raiders wanted to see some recognition of what they see is their own personal goals, blizz could have catered both, but instead they plowed on ahead, and burst many many long standing 25 man guilds.

3. Questing, phasing and immersion factor.  Levelling for existing characters was dull.  Quest were interesting and varied, but it was the old bread crumb model, with the additional awful mechanic where if you moved to a zone that was off the breadcrumb trail you would suddenly come across 'phased' areas devoid of life, destroying all immersion factors - it became all about grinding the trail as fast as possible. IMO allowing flight from the offset was also a bad idea as it again removed any semblance of exploration - you see that path with level 85's you cant get past then hell just fly over them (but watch out for phasing ofc)

4. gfx, dated obviouslty, not blizzards fault ofc, but some of the new bosses are major rehashes are very very dated now.

5. Cookie cutter gear.  with the removal of even colour between 10 and 25 man everyone just started to look the same - got to get 4 piece bonus, got to get tier gear etc.

Positives for wow (for me at least)

Raiding difficulty was much better in CATA and somewhat corrected the issues in WOTLK.

Richness of world - 6 years of evolved content is a great thing.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by BamaDoc

4) Despite knowing they have the worst community in gaming, they implemented the cross server, anonymous dungeon finder. If you love this then you have far better luck with PUGs than I.

I love DF. You can always rage-quit if you think the group sux. It beats shoulding in the trade channel, not knowing if you are going to (or how long) get a group or not.

It also brings back leveling by running dungeons, which i like.

• grimmiergrimmier Member Posts: 5

Constantly tring to balance all classes with eachother, while achieving no balance what so ever.  This would be my number one complaint.

Dungeon Finder ranks up there as well. It promotes standing in town waiting, and takes away from the community aspect of the game. People don't talk in random dungeons much, usually for fear of being kicked from the group. (seen this happen many times, including to myself)

Originally posted by grimmier

Constantly tring to balance all classes with eachother, while achieving no balance what so ever.  This would be my number one complaint.

Dungeon Finder ranks up there as well. It promotes standing in town waiting, and takes away from the community aspect of the game. People don't talk in random dungeons much, usually for fear of being kicked from the group. (seen this happen many times, including to myself)

The first part i can agree with, the second part no.

Takes away from the community? Rather than sitting in an empty city i.e. Ironforge or Stormwind while spamming trade chat for anywhere from 60 minutes to 3 hours trying to find a group did not contribute to being a part of the community in the slightest.

People dont talk much in random dungeons because theyre busy playing the actual game.

The dungeon finder was the best implementation WoW ever had, and it only got better. The fact that the dungeon finder gets you to play with people not only on your own server but all over the other servers opens up a new option to play with new people. Youre not limited to the 20-100 people on your server (that arent on at the same times) that you want to play with. You are able to play with even more people than those just on your server.

The idea that the dungeon finder "takes away from the community" is absolutely ludicrous.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Hehe the game is what it has always been ; nothing more just an easymode whack a mole that 70% of the general population will find relaxing and enjoyable.

Now if you want a challenge there are other games.

But surprisingly ; Such a simple easy game has Blizzard rolling around with Billions and Billions in the bank.

Sadly the fact Blizzard are happy and a sight richer, doesn't really help those of us who like something that tests the old grey matter.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Right and they listened to the whiners on a PVE and PVP point of view. Up til BC you still had to work for your gear if you were a raider and had to have some tactical knowhow for PVP/arenas and whatnot. From the Wrath pre patch forward though they gave the kid classes of choice huge burst I mean INSANE burst for PVE for easy kill which of course translated into an army of one hit kill dummies so you had an army of dumb kids with ret pallies and some kind of DK doing ungodly damage, of course those of us who knew what we were doing could kill them pretty handily, but for the average players you had a bunch of annoying kids who all of a sudden thought they had skills. Which didnt really matter because they turned the game into such a RAIDing hub that hardly any world pvp goes on anymore.

Expansions should be about new content not new levels and going totally overkill reworking the mechanics to a game that quite frankly were not broken until Kalgan and GC decided they needed to be fixed. Actually Kalgan "fixed" anything that beat his arena team and GC just fixed the classes he did not like, both of them hated Shaman which explains why that class has been total garbage for years. At some point they started running the game like some kids private haxxor server, complete with over the top gear stats, imbalanced players stats and giving everyone a prize for participation.

Then again its hardly surprising considering Kalgan was responsible for AOS on UO in which he introduced Paladins and Necromancers and gear inflation to a game that didnt need it. And GC is just malicious.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Faelsun

Actually Kalgan "fixed" anything that beat his arena team and GC just fixed the classes he did not like, both of them hated Shaman which explains why that class has been total garbage for years. 

Shaman were total garbage for years? I don't think so ^_^ When we would be getting healers for raids, resto shammies were the first to get a spot! And ele shammies in wotlk were doing great (when I was playing). Shammies were amazing healers throughout the entire TBC expansion and in wotlk ele became OP, don't know if they nerfed ele after that -_-

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109

what BLIZZ did wrong is that it made such a big success that they dont care about the players anymore...aside from that...its the old DIABLO formula implemented in wow

in this patch we make those people happy and the other whine

in the next patch its vice vers

etc

for me the only problem wow has...is the flying mount.

yeah i know it might sound stupid and illogical but when i stopped wow(for real life reasons)i sit and thought what i didnt like in wow apart the way the company handles the players

its the world immersion stayi with me for this

TBC

we have 7 huge zones next to each other and no mounts allowed in azeroth plus mounts being really expensive

so people had to reach max level probably doing more that 5 zones in quests and thus seeing them in order to be able to buy the mount and it was the reaaaaaaaallyyy slow one :P so traveling some times was better with ground mount as soon as you had the money for the epic one you already had a picture of the world(outland)and even with the epic one due to the zones being next to each other all the places a player wanted to be were giving the idea that its quite big and immersive

WOTLK

you got 7-8 zones next to each other and cant use your epic fly mount up till lvl 77 so you could again see a big part of the world also the zones being next to each other were good cause you could feel that even by 310 there was a long journey ahead of you(i mean come one like in tbc you want to farm something and its on the other side of the map :P i was always really bored to go :P)

now we have cataclysm

all the world is remade all the world is open to fly mounts

BUT

the important zones arent next to each other...all the cataclysm zones are huge i dont think there is any bigger zone that vashir or uldum in wow BUT not being next to each other and being able to fly up and just pass all the land terain makes the world just seem small

remember when you entered for the first time in blade edge mountains(i mean there are people that didnt even know how to get there with a land mount!)

or imagine traveling in stormp peaks with a land mount only

or had to travel uldum on your horse

just think for a moment how much larger the world would seem and how much more immersive i know that people will say

"ow come on thats a waste of time"well my friends thats the problem all of us think its a waste of time but all of us want immersion its like wanting to swimm in the midle of winter sure people do it but the majority cant handle it!

as for the LFG tool i love it its diferent to say its stupid to quee for a dungeon and to say LF1M TANK LAST SPOT for 30-40 minutes and even after you find one to lose him in the midle of the dungeon and try to find another one

how many of you remember the

/who paladin/warrior/druid

/w paladin/warrior/tank hello we are at 2nd boss in SL wana come and tank?

anyway thats my 2 cents in this

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by fivoroth

Actually Kalgan "fixed" anything that beat his arena team and GC just fixed the classes he did not like, both of them hated Shaman which explains why that class has been total garbage for years. 

Shaman were total garbage for years? I don't think so ^_^ When we would be getting healers for raids, resto shammies were the first to get a spot! And ele shammies in wotlk were doing great (when I was playing). Shammies were amazing healers throughout the entire TBC expansion and in wotlk ele became OP, don't know if they nerfed ele after that -_-

@faelsum yeah i remember how bad shamans were in raiding back TBC

RL:ok i need 5 healers

CL:ok we got 3 shamans and 2 others

RL:ok we really need their aoe healing and BL

RL@raiding:ok sham1 pop BL 1 min later sham2 pop BL 1min later sham3 pop BL 1min later DPSsham1 pop BL 1min later DPSsham2 pop BL

i mean seriously shamans not OP ? lol

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by antonatsis

Originally posted by fivoroth

@faelsum yeah i remember how bad shamans were in raiding back TBC

RL:ok i need 5 healers

CL:ok we got 3 shamans and 2 others

RL:ok we really need their aoe healing and BL

RL@raiding:ok sham1 pop BL 1 min later sham2 pop BL 1min later sham3 pop BL 1min later DPSsham1 pop BL 1min later DPSsham2 pop BL

i mean seriously shamans not OP ? lol

TBC wasnt that bad. of course there have been TWO expansions since then. At least in TBC you had 3 viable specs and also there is more to the game then just raiding, alot of people do arena and pvp, for the most part ever since WOTLK the only viable spec the class had was resto, which is fine if you dont play elemental or Enhancement, especially enhancement which has got to be the most gutted gimped talent tree in the game. Yes believe it or not people had shaman they played for OTHER reasons then standing and spot healing. Alot of people had shaman on their Arena team HAD.

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170

I wouldn't say Blizzard did anything wrong with World of Warcaft.  They make a ton of money based on what they did with the game.  Instead, you should title the post "What I would have changed with WoW" or "Why I don't like WoW as much as I could", etc.  "What [insert game] did wrong" threads should be reserved for titles that get cancelled or sell few copies.