Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advanced Trade School Bug

Well, after talking so highly of this game, I've decided to quit.  The advanced trade school has a bug for my 2 character in which i can't get to the final.  I have done over 10 of the neccessary duties just before the final and still can't access it.  After turning in my 10th duty, it starts me all the way over.  As if nothing had happened.   And these "general exercises" cost a lot of money to finish, in which I've never been reimbursed.  I guess all those players mocking free to play games were correct.  I just got burnt.

Comments

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

After praising the game for a long time you quit because of a broken quest?
    When I had a problem with my Adventure School quest, I just looked here.

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Thankyou for the link.  Unfortunately it was no help, and not directly related to my very specific issue.  

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

were you even doing it right? I just finished trade school last night after doing the 10 drills the quest will appear along the rest but the title says final exam . Meaning you can continue doing the drills for the POs but the final exam is there weather you want to take it or not you must have just missed it because you are the only one complaining

heres the guide so you find your way

http://global.netmarble.com/forum/Forum/ForumPostListView.asp?fid=36&tid=3696&st=1&pg=2&ipg=1&kwd=&sop=1&tm=3&pid=

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Now you know why games go to such great lengths in hand-holding, and sandbox games tend not to do so well commercially.  People run into something that they're not sure what to do about, get frustrated, and quit.

This was my second character.  I was doing it right.  I had done it before without any issue.  I know what I'm doing, and I'm not inexperienced . . . I still believe its a great game.  But I'm unwilling to do 30 more general exercises.  

I should not have posted anything about the problem.  I was frustrated at having to start all over and hoped someone else had encountered the bug.  Support is not the best for this game yet, but since its free to play I easily understand.  As far as replies to my original post go, i quit non sandbox games and played far less of those than i have of this one.  So that is not a valid point.  The truth is, I experienced some bugs, the school chat became offensive and unhelpful, and I got frustrated.  But I've been playing these games  a lot in the last year, and it's probably for the best.  Good luck to everyone, and youll see my reviews for this game are quite high.  And should remain so.  

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

well okay really asked people in school last night no problems there

come back anytime you feel like it your always welcome

Definitely done with this game.  Very unfortunate.  Still good game, but bad luck on my part to get such a serious bug.  I can still play my other character, and probably will from time to time.  But my main is unable to finish advanced school.  It's a bug that keeps resetting the 10 general exercises.  Ive now turned in 30 general exercises.  I've spent almost all the wealth i'd saved up from both characters.  Made a lot of friends in this game too.  (Not in school chat)  Good luck to those who are more fortunate.  

• RedMonkRedMonk Member Posts: 31

Rule number one concerning any game that might remotely be construed as a "sandbox" -- never criticize it on the mmorpg.com forums.

You'll be drowned in a wave of cool-aid drinking fanbois.

Never criticize a "sandbox" game on mmorpg.com. You will be drowned in a wave of kool-aid drinking fanbois.

Hah, I can see some of that in many of the responses . . . . players with poor reading comprehension that immediately view any type of issue as an attack on their game.  (and it is annoying when people respond with assumptions at a time when you're particularly frustrated.)   But for the most part, I enjoy this site and have read some great posts.  I have tried out tons of mmorpgs in the last few months, really digging into the genre.  I liked this game more than any other I had tried so far, but in the end, customer support fails to even remotely address major bugs or issues.  There is no excuse for this.  Unfortunate, one of the best games I've ever played, has the typical, non-existant customer support like many of the others.  

• SutterSutter Member UncommonPosts: 35

After you do the 10 missions the counter at the bottom of the mission window will say 10 and it will still give you the option to run the same missions again you just have to look through them and take the final exam. Its one of the options you just need to read the mission description.

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive I've seen it all, I was here first. -Very Ape- Nirvana

Originally posted by Sutter

After you do the 10 missions the counter at the bottom of the mission window will say 10 and it will still give you the option to run the same missions again you just have to look through them and take the final exam. Its one of the options you just need to read the mission description.

Lol, speaking of poor reading comprehension.  

This thread has been over for a while.  There was indeed a bug involving my particular experience with that quest.  A reinstall fixed the issue entirely but took a while since i had to defrag and redownload.  I haven't played this game (still my favorite so far of mmorpgs) in 2 months since the update caused my computer to crash for some reason. I would love to get back into the game.  However, as stated before, there is zero customer service and forum help is usually difficult to achieve since most posters make very simple assumptions based on their own game experience without understanding there are more complex reasons for bugs, bad installs, game crashes, ect.

• SutterSutter Member UncommonPosts: 35

lol, day late and a dollar short, that's me. Just saw an unresolved issue that reminded me of a problem I'd had with that mission and posted.

As for reinstalling and defragging that would have been more likely to fix problems such as your game not loading at all rather than involving only one missions in the game. If your having to defrag to reinstall, your hard drive may be having trouble keeping up the with read/write speeds the game needs to function. If no other games you play are giving you trouble in that regard it's probably just UWO it does have it's share of bugs and compatibility issues like you said.

I ran into a wall with the launcher not updating versions myself and spent a long time looking for how to fix it. Finlay came down to having to uninstall Adobe flash and get it again something I wouldn't have though of in a million years lol. Either way glad to hear you got it up and running after re downloading.

As for the Customer server I have to agree 100%, there just isn't any other than people sharing what they've learned to help each other out. This game would prolly be a really big hit if they would offer tech support and give more usefull info in the school to help keep new players.

And your poor reading comprehension bit might be better served to someone not tring to help (right or wrong)  As I mentioned I had a simular issue and thats what fixed it for me.

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive I've seen it all, I was here first. -Very Ape- Nirvana

Originally posted by Sutter

lol, day late and a dollar short, that's me. Just saw an unresolved issue that reminded me of a problem I'd had with that mission and posted.

As for reinstalling and defragging that would have been more likely to fix problems such as your game not loading at all rather than involving only one missions in the game. If your having to defrag to reinstall, your hard drive may be having trouble keeping up the with read/write speeds the game needs to function. If no other games you play are giving you trouble in that regard it's probably just UWO it does have it's share of bugs and compatibility issues like you said.

I ran into a wall with the launcher not updating versions myself and spent a long time looking for how to fix it. Finlay came down to having to uninstall Adobe flash and get it again something I wouldn't have though of in a million years lol. Either way glad to hear you got it up and running after re downloading.

As for the Customer server I have to agree 100%, there just isn't any other than people sharing what they've learned to help each other out. This game would prolly be a really big hit if they would offer tech support and give more usefull info in the school to help keep new players.

And your poor reading comprehension bit might be better served to someone not tring to help (right or wrong)  As I mentioned I had a simular issue and thats what fixed it for me.

Haha, sorry about the poor reading comprehension, but you'd be surprised by how many people make long posts without reading the thread line.  Great help though, and I'm very appreciative.  I might try that this weekend.  I heard the Adobe thing somewhere else so maybe there's something to that.  Game was great until the expansion download then just went screwy.  The game would be huge with customer support in my opinion.  I'd pay sub for that.  Take care!