Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A good looking mmorpg with good economy

smile9999smile9999 Member Posts: 57

I am looking for a game that has good graphics with an active community and good economy and F2P.

I wont play WOW for any reason I have steared away from this game for all my mmorpg gaming life of 3 years and I am not gonna fall for it now so plz dont suggest it, other than that I am open for suggestions

important feautures to me that dont need to all be there:

good crafting: doesnt need to all be useful, for instance I used to play runes of magic, alchemy and cooking was indispensable

good graphics: I need a game that looks good, no 10 yrs old games plz or cartoony games like runescape or maple story

an interesting idea: thats the most important thing to me, I need a game that does things alittle diffrent, for example the dual class of runes of magic or the trade system of silkroad, ....

active community: I hate games that feel like a ghost city

F2P: I need it to be F2P so I dont feel guilt afterwards for a buying a worthless game and wasting my money on it, I dont have a proplem with cash shops cause its very convenient to my casual style.

past game experience:  allods online(5 days), runes of magic(2 months), silkroad online(3 months), and some other asian games not worth mentioning.

if you think a P2P game really worth it suggest it but I doubt it, thanks for all the help.

They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X

Comments

• GandrellGandrell Member Posts: 22

The only thing that comes to mind is LoTRO and DDO. DDO is starting to show its age thought but LoTRO still to me look great after a few years and the crafting in it, thought still being ganeric, looks cool with the animations of skinning hides and working on metal. Both have very large pop and active economies. Hope this helps!

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

As mentioned above LOTRO sounds like the game for you.

It actually has amazing graphics on Ultra High-Res and can rival even the latest releases. Great lore and quests ( Ofcourse, its LOTR!! )

Crafting is standard MMO crafting, but it is REQUIRED for the game. You need to craft to get the best items/gear and you need other peoples help to craft the best things because you can only have 3 professions. It's very clever and brings the community together.

If you plan to give it a try I'm on Eldar EU, character name is Dylema. One of the most populated EU servers, give me a shout if u need a hand :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Best economy, EVE IMO, but not F2P (until you learn the ropes and figure out how to make your in game activities pay for your playing time)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorriganTorrigan Member UncommonPosts: 13

Yeah, would recommend EVE. Once you get in to a mining barge, getting 300k isk really isnt hard, and that's about the average price for a PLEX aka 30 day subscription renewal

• BakunineBakunine Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Devlinn

Yeah, would recommend EVE. Once you get in to a mining barge, getting 300k isk really isnt hard, and that's about the average price for a PLEX aka 30 day subscription renewal

It ain´t 300k ISK , it´s more like between 350 -400 Million ISK. Even with optimal mining skills which could take a few months develop it will take many hours making that mining. Also OP seems to be looking to something pretty and mining is just ugly and boring. 

• smile9999smile9999 Member Posts: 57

thanks alot for the help, LOTRO does seem like a great choice I will try it and see.

as for EVE I tried its trial I loved it but it looked like its gonna take alot of time to get the hang of it and I didnt like the real time skill upgrade

They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X

• harry_watharry_wat Member Posts: 33

Choose from these selections of free to play games

1. LOTR Online

2. Rift Online

3. Star Wars Online

4. Argo Online

1 time payement game but for sure it packs it up

1. 1. Forsaken Online

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Originally posted by harry_wat

1. LOTR Online

2. Rift Online

3. Star Wars Online

4. Argo Online

1. 1. Forsaken Online

Hmm..

Rift is a Pay to Play

Star Wars is a Pay to Play

Forsaken World is Free to Play

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by harry_wat

1. LOTR Online

2. Rift Online

3. Star Wars Online

4. Argo Online

1. 1. Forsaken Online

LOTRO is quite limited as game in f2p version.

Agro is MMO RTS in beta stage.

Forsaken World is limited to NA and (maybe) EU and not world game.

I would suggest RoM or EvE if you looking for something different then WoW.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

wait, how is RoM different from WoW?

i thought they are just the perfect clone of WoW so far

So What Now?

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346

I fyou play eve and get the 20 day buddy trial from someone, you could probably ninja loot enough for a plex

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by TweFoju

wait, how is RoM different from WoW?

i thought they are just the perfect clone of WoW so far

Differences are in:

1. Dual classing in single character concept in RoM

2. Gearing concept.

3. PvP concept.

maybe some else I can't recall right now.

Only simular in them is resource based crafting and quest based lvling system. But those (at least quests) you'l met in most every nowdays  MMORPG.