Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many games have you played in your whole life?

MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Over at the pub I just realized that I have played quite a lot of computer/console games in my life. I though maybe you wanna brainstorm the games you've played in your life.

I'll give myself 5 minutes writing down every single title I ever played, on any gaming system ever available, just for s**** and giggles... *yay* starting NOW:

shadow of the Beast, might and magic 3-5, Goldrunner, R-type, leisure suit larry, indiana jones I-IV, space quest, sam and max, dune, dune 2, dune 2000, warcraft 1-3, world of warcraft, asherons call, metroid, super metroid, metroid prime 1-4, zelda, zelda: a link to the past, zelda: ocarina of time, final fantasy II-X, mystic quest, mystic quest legend, super mario, super mario gameboy, yoshis island, donkey kong jr., mega man, mega man II, super mega man, lands of lore I-II, eye of the beholder I-III, one must fall, street fighter I, II and turbo, mortal kombat I-III, space invaders, eve online, wing commander I-III, tie fighter, x-wing, x-wing vs. tie-fighter, rebel assault, star wars on the atari, dark forces, doom 1-3, wolfenstein 3d, quake I to III, duke nukem 1-3, pong, frogger, ghostbusters on the megadrive, enigma pinball, r-type, super r-type, mig-29 fulcrum, apache longbow, us navy fighters, falcon 4.0, A-10 cuba, exhume, prince of persia, pitfall, super mario kart, super mario galaxy, wii sports, MDK, tomb raider 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the sims, the settlers, civilization I-IV, abyss of the deep, golden axe warrior, risk, indiana jones IV, mirrors edge, half-life, half-life 2, counterstrike since 0.5, command and conquer, riven, myst, emergency room manager, baldurs gate 1, 2, star trek away team, NASCAR racing, Formula 1 racing, need for speed 1-3, tokio drift, colin mcrae rallye 1-dirt, the witcher, frogger, star trek on the atari 1200, star trek on the 286, star trek on the gameboy, star trek online, star trek a final unity, exhume, jedi knight + mysteries of the sith, diablo 1 and 2, battle isle 1 and 2, warhammer online, asherons call, everquest 2, star wars galaxies, vanguard, guild wars, tibia... *times up*

I know that was mainly for my own amusement and self reflection... =P You guys can just say how many games you think you've played in your life. I think I'd land somewhere around 250 full titles not including cryppy browsergames or free/shareware...

M

Comments

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

I don't think I could ever even come close to naming them.  Rather I thought how many systems I have owned:

Vic-20

Commodore 64

Commodore 128

Amiga 1000

Amiga 3000

Atari 2600

Colecovision

NES

Sega Genesis

N64

PS1, Ps2, PS3

Wii

Dreamcube

Lynx

PSP

Gamecube (and most varaitions)

Texas Instruments Tandy computer

WAAAAYYYY too many PC's to even remember

Probably missing a few systems too.

Still have never owned a Xbox or Xbox 360

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

I could not even begin to guess other then to say it would easily be over 1k. I still have a few hundred Atri 2600, nintendo, and n64 games I kept just as a collector. Plus my prize an unopened copy of an early King of Fighters.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Over a thousand... On Commodore 64. I have no idea, maybe around 3K but it is a lot.

The first arcade game was Space invanders, the first on a home computer was Jumping jack flash on Vic-20. The first MMO was Meridian 59.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Thousands of games from Video Games/Computer Games to CCGs (Collectible Card Games), basic card games, Board Games, Puzzles...2D games/3D games as well as my personal favorite...Military Tactical Wargame Simulations and Paintball. Not to mention sports for many years. 

• Parks42Parks42 Member Posts: 4

Well honestly i dont count but from my estimates its like thousands? from comodore, macintosh (diablo 1), snes, sega saturn to PC. i think i've played atleast 1 game on all the consoles from the years.

• JoarnajJoarnaj Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by Loke666

Over a thousand... On Commodore 64. I have no idea, maybe around 3K but it is a lot.

The first arcade game was Space invanders, the first on a home computer was Jumping jack flash on Vic-20. The first MMO was Meridian 59.

Yep. Me, too. Atari 2600, Vic 20, C64, Apple II, NES, Amiga, PC, Super NES, Genesis, Playstation 1 & 2, N64, XBox. Shoot, I can't even remember all the systems I've played on let alone games I've played.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went from Apprentice to full 5 star Elite in under 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised again when I went from Elite to just barely Hardcore in 2 weeks. Apprentice, here I come!

• FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

being a 24 year old casual gamer. i'd say almost a hundred? 

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

I think naming everything is impossible for anyone, except for example to those who really don't play games or play only a handful of them.

For me, I think I played a few hundreds of them.

Mario, Contra, Tekken 5, Suikoden 1,2,4,5, Final Fantasy 8,9,10,12, Breath of Fire 1,3,4,5, Metal Slug, Soul Calibur 3, Valkyrie Profile, Rival Schools, Marvel vs. Capcom, Digimon World 2, Digimon Battlecards, Legend of Mana, Counter Strike, Quake 3, Starcraft, Red Alert, Dune 2000, Warcraft 3, Aika Global, Atlantica Online, CardMon Hero, S4 League, Naruto Narutimetto, Monster Rancher 2

Just to name a few that I can still remember. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

way to many  just  click on my xfire sig  then add another 100 consol games and  the 20  pc games befor i had x fire  like dark reign on top of that    that should be  about right for me  take to long to  dig  the box with all my  old boxed up games  i miss them old boxes  they used to do for games

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

TOO MANY! I seriously cannot answer this question without imploding my brain, so.. 1 for every hair on my head? No wait, that number is dropping instead of increasing..

• SvynsynSvynsyn Member Posts: 4

Beginning with atari's pitfall and joust through todays pc games. My time these days is saved mostly for mmo's, they allow me to enjoy the company of friends ( all have families now ) so hard to get more than a few together in person. EQ 1 & 2, WoW, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer, Aion, and now Rift ... w/ a few other F2P's i have enjoyed for a short period of time.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I've played hundreds of games.  Many of them are now in boxes headed to my new house as I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them just yet.  

I have some really great games.  I think I will always have a special place for ICO and Zelda, Ocarina of Time.  But then there was the Resident Evil and Dino Crisis and Syphon Filter series of games that I played with my wife.  I have so many pc and console games.  Not sure how I found the time.  

• chloeaimschloeaims Member Posts: 6

There are countless of games I ever had played. From Familit Computer - Playstation 1 2 3 - N64 - Gameboy- Xbox I mean alot :)))