Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FPS recommendation

hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

So i think i've been burned out with mmos so im looking for a new fps to play (haven't been in the loop for a while).  I used to play counter-strike religiously but want something newer.  Any good games out there right now for some semi-fast paced deathmatch action.  It can have other modes as well I'd just like a deathmatch option and a game that has a good amount of people playing.

Thanks

**Edit ** i only really care about multiplayer. I never play campaigns

**EDIT #2** After looking at the available recommended games i pulled the trigger on battlefield bad company 2.  It seems to have a healthy population (there is a site that keeps server statistics for all platforms and there are currently 30k people playing the pc version) and the price didn't seem too steep (only 19.99 compared to 59.99 for cod).

Comments

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Global agenda is great, any of the CoD games, Crysis 2, Battlefield bad company 2, and maybe APB once it's released.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343

Despite their age, I still play Counter-Strike and Team Fortress the most.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

My friend is having tons of fun in Left 4 Dead. He's an fps monkey. Might as well give it a try :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

While it's not an FPS and more of a class based TPS combined with DotA/MOBA game I've been playing a ton of Monday Night Combat on the Xbox and PC.

Steam: Neph

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

You could ceck out Combat Arms. It's a free but good quality FPS that has a very healthy population. I've been playing for over two years now, and I still go back to it for my FPS fix.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

thanks for all of the recommedations thus far.  I've been checking out recent fps games and i saw medal of honor (2010 version).  It's on sale for 19.99 which seems like a steal.  Any idea if there are plenty of people playing multiplayer for pc? i know the ps3 version is healthy but can't find any info on the pc version

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

thanks for all of the recommedations thus far.  I've been checking out recent fps games and i saw medal of honor (2010 version).  It's on sale for 19.99 which seems like a steal.  Any idea if there are plenty of people playing multiplayer for pc? i know the ps3 version is healthy but can't find any info on the pc version

Still plenty of people around. Doesn't even the dent the player base of CS though, but there is never any trouble finding a server that suits you.

• MitchardMitchard Member Posts: 25

Try Pirates Vikings and Knights.. Imagine medieval cs with multiple classes and battling 3 way.. Fun to play, but hard to master..