Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to join AION.......

ChachamaruChachamaru Member Posts: 12

Hi Guys :

I currently playing RIFT.....before buying it done a little bit research, after playing it for a while choose Defiant side and pick Cleric as my class, the fact is after I play mine till level 27 I start losing the power to keep level it up gradually.....because the character looks & armor design it just look so "Plain" to me plus the fun part mentioned on the web where I done mine research I can't feel it at all !!, so after I turn around look at AION the game I know before but never plays it now seem good to me, their armor design plus character looks, but just wondering how many people still love AION and for now is it still worth to play? so I need some opinion from you guys who are stay in AION world for quite long, at last thank you guys who express their opinion and sorry for my poor english.

Comments

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

I have played aion since a month after launch so quite a while, I enjoy the game and will try to give an unbiased view.

• There is a grind, it is less then it used to be (a lot!) but it is still there

• Numbers have been slowly falling, most servers are fine but check them out on the forums first, since some can be a bit empty

• Falling numbers and 1.5 years after launch means most people are mid-high level which can make it hard to find ppl at a low level

• Gear matters in this game

• PvP still has a lot of ganking

However

• Graphically still good

• polished game

• Sieging can still be fun, great pvp if you get into it. Plus the state of the war MATTERS so people care about it

• PvE content is varied and detailed, instances etc

• PvP is fun if you like open world, waring factions. Yes there will be ganking, but it can be hilariously good fun. 

• Flight! Still great fun

Aion is a great product, with some flaws. If you have never played it you should, though be warned it is a lot harder then Rift and WoW.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Durray

I have played aion since a month after launch so quite a while, I enjoy the game and will try to give an unbiased view.

• There is a grind, it is less then it used to be (a lot!) but it is still there

• VERY TRUE

• Numbers have been slowly falling, most servers are fine but check them out on the forums first, since some can be a bit empty

• i play on siel and its swarming with people no matter what time of day i login

• Falling numbers and 1.5 years after launch means most people are mid-high level which can make it hard to find ppl at a low level

• seems to me the numbers are actually growing as of late and i have never had a hard time finding lower level groups

• yup, but now it's a lot easier to come by scince the drop rates increased

• i havent been ganked in months....unless i am snooping around an owned fortress, and you never get ganked by rifters anymore

However

• Graphically still good

• with 2.5 patch they will get even better

• polished game

• Sieging can still be fun, great pvp if you get into it. Plus the state of the war MATTERS so people care about it

• definatly

• tons of instances if you are into that kind of thing

• PvP is fun if you like open world, waring factions. Yes there will be ganking, but it can be hilariously good fun. 

• stick with a good pvp grp and its TONS of fun

Aion is a great product, with some flaws. If you have never played it you should, though be warned it is a lot harder then Rift and WoW.

VERY TRUE and thank god it is so

just figured i would respond with my opinion :)  been playing scince the chinese beta

• ChachamaruChachamaru Member Posts: 12

Thank you very much for you guys respond to my thread and give out alot useful info, I probably will keep playing RIFT till my subscription end (dont want waste money xD) then I'll go for AION !!

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Chachamaru

Hi Guys :

I currently playing RIFT.....before buying it done a little bit research, after playing it for a while choose Defiant side and pick Cleric as my class, the fact is after I play mine till level 27 I start losing the power to keep level it up gradually.....because the character looks & armor design it just look so "Plain" to me plus the fun part mentioned on the web where I done mine research I can't feel it at all !!, so after I turn around look at AION the game I know before but never plays it now seem good to me, their armor design plus character looks, but just wondering how many people still love AION and for now is it still worth to play? so I need some opinion from you guys who are stay in AION world for quite long, at last thank you guys who express their opinion and sorry for my poor english.

Your desire to play a game is based on how fashionable your character looks?

I play for replayability, depth, character skill customization, combat systems, performance, pacing, socialization etc, not whether my character looks like hes ready for a GQ shoot or lingeria party. 

Hmm im pretty sure nothing made on this side of the Globe will fill the vanity cup your drinking from.

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

Aion is still a good game worth playing it. I play it since launch date. Saw all the improvements they made. With patch 2.5 coming up it will only be better. There is still some grinding but less than before. Server population is not that bad right now. Quite easy to find groups at lower level these days. I play on EU server Perento and seems to be quite full big parts of the day. Ganking is reduced to a minimum. The community is quite good, more "grown up" than in most other games I played. And with patch 3.0 coming later this year it will be a super game.

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

<Alderdale>

Your desire to play a game is based on how fashionable your character looks?

I play for replayability, depth, character skill customization, combat systems, performance, pacing, socialization etc, not whether my character looks like hes ready for a GQ shoot or lingeria party. 

Hmm im pretty sure nothing made on this side of the Globe will fill the vanity cup your drinking from.

Hmmm.....oh well such negative reply are expected, first of all tell you something people choose what they like to play a game either it contents or the graphics it comes with lots differnt reasons, not everyone will see the game with different angle like you do then decide wether they gonna play it or not, between if your character not looks good then you expected then how is that gonna motivate you to keep playing, also I bid your character always got crap gear so you don't care how your character looks ingame.

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

Originally posted by Durray

However

• Graphically still good

• polished game

First of all, I played AION since the beta but burned out on it around the time that Cataclysm was released and ended up cancelling my sub.  I think AION's graphic are absolutley gorgeons, and the game polished and smooth, the combat probably the best in the MMO cateogry out there that I played,  but obviously there were reasons why I bunred out and left.

I have been an MMO player for a longtime, at one point quite hardcore, although today a lot less so, spending more time with job and family, but still love to game. I played EQ for many years, WoW from vanilla to somewhere in the middle of WotLK, dabbled in WAR, DaOC and as mentioned AION from beta.  I had high hopes for AION being the wow killer whe I frist played it .. but the love kinda wore off.

- Im glad to hear some of the grind is gone,  that was probably one of the worst things, and while the leveing was bit steeper than wow, not worse than EQ and with the quests I found the leveling pace to be bearable, it was the PvP and gear grind after you got to 50 that made your eye's bleed and wrists ache with carpal tunnel.

- falling numbers were a big problem,  I chose Asmo faction and that was one of the first frustrating points. the PvP and abyss stuff sounded cool, but found asmos being so far on the losing side of the battle that the control of the abyss allowed the elyos to gear faster and as mentioned, its a gear based game (which is retarded for PVP games) which led to further  frustration and lack of participation. Aslo the sieges tended to be so laggy you could hardly tell what was going on , and agian pretty one-sided fights.

the community being more mature .. well maybe now but back when I was playing it was all people bragging about thier pvp skills, and putting down anyone who came from WoW, not that that type of mentaitly isnt common in pvp games, but still.  honestly I did know a lot of cool people in my legion, but sadly , one after the other they stopped playing, server pop dwindled pvp stopped even happeing due ot lack of asmos, and servers merged.

I agree with most of your points, although saying that its harder than Rift or wow makes me go huh ? unless you consider long amounts of time investment difficulty or are talking pvp, one of the other detractors I had was that the pve anyway was so laughable easy .. all fights were tank and spank, and while its billed as pvp game mostly, wow's pve was definitley more challenging.

that and the main pvp instanced attraction dredgion only occured twice a day, noon and midnight, both times I cannot play either being at work or sleeping.

I would love to come back,  but just didnt seem to be much for me to do in the game given lack of pve challenge and pvp participation

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Hi Guys :

If you are looking for looks in a game Aion is definitly for you! The customization in Aion is nearly unmatched. The game is fun and the wings are one of my favorite things about the game. PVP is awesome and PVE is engaging. If you are looking to get away from the dull this is the game for that.

sorry ....just let me use my thread for one last question, if I want to play elyos which server will be the best choice plus for myself, I live in Australia so I want to join the server where most Australian are.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

sorry ....just let me use my thread for one last question, if I want to play elyos which server will be the best choice plus for myself, I live in Australia so I want to join the server where most Australian are.

During Beta all the Aussie guilds that were forming got together and agreed to roll on SIEL.

If you are looking for an Aussie guild to join maybe check out: Mist Wolves