Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pc gaming is getting bad

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I know it is all about preference but man there just haven't been any good exclusive pc games in awhile. Lately I have been playing Dragon Age,Torchlight and Borderlands on the 360. I do play Starcraft 2 on my pc but that game is so out of balance it is getting pretty bad. I wish there was an a great pc game exclusive coming our way but it is not looking good right now.

Comments

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566
    The Witcher 2 is coming in may. If you have never played The Witcher then i suggest you buy it of steam for a small price.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by NightAngell

The Witcher 2 is coming in may. If you have never played The Witcher then i suggest you buy it of steam for a small price.

We'll see, never have played The Witcher before.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Speaking in the realm of MMOs--

As much as I love addons, PCs do open up so many options it becomes totally about watching the UI.

In Final Fantasy XI, Platform players don't use addons because they can't but nearly every raider on the PC does because frankly the (illegal) addons just make you better mostly because combat supported and enhanced switching gear in combat. Because devs didn't count on addons, they didn't overtake gameplay.

In PC only games, they expect you to have a 108 button keyboard and systems that can handle so much. I think that's why PC online games become about watching the UI. I'm not as worried about the boss's health as I am about the microsecond that I'm free of the GCD. Boss effections are big enough I can watch TV and pay enough peripheral attention to know when to move, but I don't even do that because my eyes are glued to a customized portion of the screen.

Oh and controllers make for far better gaming than keyboards imo.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Diablo 3. Nuff said.

Kain_Dale

• project8sixproject8six Member Posts: 271

how exactly do you figure that sc2 is imba? even for people at pro level its hard to tell what is imba, the game is situational. i play random and i'm only in diamond but i don't have any judgment on if its imbalanced or not, i don't play enough to tell that. pros like Idra claim it is imbalanced but every one knows he has bm and likes to rage. lots of people that play came from SC orig so they kind of have a large advantage over new players. things like multitasking and micro/macro take time to learn. sorry you aren't enjoying it. 

die. <3

• Akarn1007Akarn1007 Member Posts: 47

still looking forward to diablo 3... Starcraft was a big letdown

• AyonarAyonar Member Posts: 44

I agree with the comment about the Witcher. Easily one of the best RPG's ive ever played, and i couldnt be more excited about the sequel. I do however agree with the OP's statement.  Not to get too deep, but in part i blame the economy. Its just alot easier these days to buy a console for a smaller amount of money than a gaming PC, and know that youll be able to play every game released for it. People cant afford to constantly upgrade a PC to play the newest games, and with a smaller installed fanbase for PC gaming, developers dont feel its smart financially to tie up huge funds in a PC only exclusive. I wish this wasnt the case, because you can get so much more out of a PC game than a console game any day, and for the most part i feel the entire PC gaming community is a much more mature audience. Saddens me to say PC gaming is slowly dwindling from where it used to be:(

Currently Playing : Rift, EQ2
    Has Played: Anarchy Online, SWG(Pre NGE refugee), DAoC, EQ1, EQ2, Lineage 2, CoH, CoV, Horizons, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, Aion, WoW, DCUO, Matrix Online, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, LotRo, Fallen Earth, Shadowbane, EQoA, ArchLord

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Originally posted by Kain_Dale

Diablo 3. Nuff said.

^

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I know it is all about preference but man there just haven't been any good exclusive pc games in awhile. Lately I have been playing Dragon Age,Torchlight and Borderlands on the 360. I do play Starcraft 2 on my pc but that game is so out of balance it is getting pretty bad. I wish there was an a great pc game exclusive coming our way but it is not looking good right now.

Borderlands, Torchlight and Dragon Age are not games I would touch with a stick on Xbox. They run like crap. Those games are meant to be played on PC. As far as I am concerned they are exclusive. Steam > infinity more than Xbox Live.

Secondly, do you think more exclusive stuff is coming to 360? Outside Gears of War 3, and a bunch of Kinect shovelware, there is nothing exclusive that is not also coming to every other platform. That's the thing. There are few exclusives left.

Then it's good that most games are much better on PC!

Also good PC exclusive games are coming out. Ever heard of Shogun 2 Total War? Game is off the chain! Soon Sims Medieval and Battlefield 4 Free too:)

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Originally posted by NightAngell

It isnt a PC exclusive though, I think its coming to PS3 and 360 too.

• KelvrekKelvrek Member Posts: 86

The Civilization and Total War series are among my favorite games ever, and they are exclucive to the PC (yes, there was a CIv port several years ago, but it didn't hold a candle to the PC versions).  Strategy games are far more common on the PC than any platform.  The same is true for MMOs.  I prefer the mouse and keyboard setup to a joystick for first-person shooters, and RPGs are significantly better on the PC than a console.  I really enjoy Rock Band and Madden on my PS3, but I use it more as a blu-ray player and netflix streamer than a video game platform.  To me, platforms and PCs each have their strengths.  Although there may be ups and downs for either type of gaming, I don't think either will be taken out anytime soon.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Witcher 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Diablo 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Guild Wars 2, TOR. They are coming.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• armageddon19armageddon19 Member Posts: 29

I hope that there would be more games that are entertaining and fun rather than frustrating...

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Shogun 2.

• BizzlebuffBizzlebuff Member Posts: 87

Diablo 3. Nuff said.

Eh Blizzard games make PC gaming look bad.

• fooflingerfooflinger Member Posts: 121

Play Shogun 2 Total War. Best PC exclusive in awhile.

Also, why playing Dragon age on the 360? PC version is superior.

Waiting for: Archeage, Darkfall 2.0, and Planetside 2.

R.I.P Shadowbane; The best MMORPG I've ever played...

Check out my amateur gaming blog at: Thegamingbible.com

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by Kalfer

Borderlands, Torchlight and Dragon Age are not games I would touch with a stick on Xbox. They run like crap. Those games are meant to be played on PC. As far as I am concerned they are exclusive. Steam > infinity more than Xbox Live.

Also good PC exclusive games are coming out. Ever heard of Shogun 2 Total War? Game is off the chain! Soon Sims Medieval and Battlefield 4 Free too:)

Torchlight reviews are actually equivalent on the xbox360 arcade versus PC believe it or not, at least the ones I read.  Some aspects are actually rated better.  I didn't play it on PC but did on xbox360 arcade and the controller action was actually well implemented.  There were a few times when performance took a hit when lots of baddies showed up at once, but that was pretty rare.

As for Dragon Age:  Origins it definately was superior on the PC over Xbox360, primarily because of the top-down view supported onlly on PC.  But I actually thought it was a relatively poor game on all platforms due to crappy party AI, but I understand I am in the minority who thought that game wasn't good.  But if you are going to get it, definately PC the way to go.

Haven't played Borderlands yet but will probably pick it up on xbox360.  I've heard good things about 360 version.  In general I prefer to sit on my couch these days in my media room if the game is well implemented.

Question on Shogun:  For a Civ4 mod fanatic like myself would I like it?  I'm not a fan of RTS games and think rapid clicking is annoying and prefer a deeper thinking approach to strategy games, so turn based strategy is my preference.  Civ4 mods are amazing, such as RoM-AND mod.  Can Shogun hang with Civ4 mods or will I be dissapointed at the lack of depth?

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Diablo 3. Nuff said.

Duke Nukem Forever, bring it ;)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Just because you choose to play games on 360 that you could also play on PC how does this mean pc gaming is bad?

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

I find it much better than the cutthroat Japanese gaming that is out there..

"For use in Japan-Only" is a common label found in Japanese Multiplayer Networked games."

I do thank one console...the Xbox. 

Microsoft came during a time when Apple Dominate computers and managed to make a market share and eventually take the market share in Operating Systems. Then Microsoft entered a 100% Dominated Japanese Market...By Domination, I meant TOTAL DOMINATION. Japanese Console Creators have every right on who gets to produce and what gets released and what doesn't on a console...

For a very LONG time, Japanese used their influence to do everything POSSIBLE to prevent developers from actually writing for xbox, threatening if they did, they would lose their license. Thanks to an American and European court, as well as some courage on something special Europeans and Americans did in the early 2000s, console games started being released for every console out there even PC. 

After a long battle, eventually American and European Companies decided to side with the Xbox and 360. Coding was much easier for it, releases were better and there was a new freedom and independence as well as full support. You didn't have to be completely loyal to being "Japanese" to develop for a console just to have your profits stripped away if you were a non-Japanese publisher paying royalties to console developers for writing a game for a console among many other things.

Now Japanese are scattered everywhere...weak and to show their weakness they bought a PC gaming development company (EIDOS) and since they were losing their battle, they decided that rather than join the rest of the world in open arms, they would crawl into their holes...and create a bunch of handhelds and keep everything to themselves as usual....since they are very great at refusing to believe a world exists, except when it brings them money..

but when a tsunami + quake followed by snow and radiation, they plea the world for help and act helpless...now we exist when they have problems and its our lives we are risking...all because they were idiotic to run their coolant system through a backup power generator linked to an Auxillary system..

In short, PC gaming is slowly getting better. 

Either Japan decided one day to join the rest of the world or their consoles and products will suffer. Now some Japanese developers even sided with the Xbox as well....So sure. I would love to see a new Sony Playstation but after what Sony tried to do in American Courts, the WORLD truly knows......how Japanese operate in business and have learned..:) 

I find PC gaming to be far more honest, less hostile and have more common sense than dealing with all the Japanese Cell-Art or Pastel colored games coming out in every waking direction. 

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Quoting myself
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Originally posted by Brif

Quoting myself

Do you need it ?

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

Guild Wars 2 and ArcheAge are the two reasons PC gaming kicks ass.

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• DigitalpainDigitalpain Member Posts: 3

I was talking to a bunch of my gaming buds the other day about what the results of a poll would be if it asked, "Is gaming getting better or worse?"

I mostly see it getting worse. Not in terms of how graphically awesome or story line sweetness go, but more along the lines of game genre breaking rules. Things like more than 2 factions fighting eachother, more than expansion this expansion that with a couple extra dungeons for people to do the same exact thing they've been doing in the game for the past 4 years.

There are a few games that brought pretty unique and game changing ideas to the MMO community, and some people may not have even played these. I for one have not played all games, so im sure I wont list everything. DAoC came out with 3 realms fighting eachother. That game has the best pvp system by far. Asheron's Call came out with generic races to choose from but you had to spec their stats in any number of weapons, abilities, passives to get a desired "class". Eve Online came out with real time training and a item system that only works for people who decided to train in that item. WoW had mounts, epic dungeon raids and  the Auction House. Other games went all out on generalized graphics or spell graphics or even gear based.

All I see now is sad combos of the same thing over and over. And even now everyone seems to be more interested in adding in the "Cash Shop" to make higher profits from certain types of players. To be honest I'm already tired of the cash shop idea, and ive spent my fair share in cash shops. Fact of the matter is, I see no game changing rules popping out of anywhere. I see no innovation. Creativity in some aspects yes, but no innovations. Same crap different box.

Now I must say, I just saw before replying here, an add on the home page here of "The Secret World". Read up on it, what information was there, and it sound like they may be trying to change some rules. At least rules most MMO's use. They may not be new innovative ideas, but I want something different than yesterdays standard MMO. I look forward to reading more about this upcoming game.

I still vote games are getting worse. At least until I see something mind blowing and then the new trend appear.

Slow your role, it's just a game.

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

How does PC exclsuivity mean that PC gaming is getting bad?

Have you played Dragon Age on a PC and then tried to play it on a console? No wonder it got bad reviews. Also how anyone couuld play the Fallout games or Call of Duty games on consoles is beyond me. 

If anything consoles are just playing catch up or people make really bad ports. 

I think PC gaming is fine, if Steam is any indication of it.

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.