Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a good looking game

russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

I've played lots of online games. But seems can't find new one that will attract me for then 1 evening. All the same.

So what I'm looking for?

-- good looking graphic (no 2D , no top-down, no small or cartoonish ragdolls , no grey-green-brownish landscapes)

-- rich PvE content

-- moderate or low grind rate

-- no free PvP in any form where one is forced to participate unwillingly (no open world PvP, no factionguildalliance wars, no PvP maps/areas/regions, though arena PvP or duels is fine)

-- f2p or p2p but only with trial period, no blind buys here

-- face to face combats (as in no spaceships, no mechwarriors etc )

-- it must NOT be produced by SoE

this is what a game must have.

Also will be good if there are:

-- working economy model / market

-- skill system where skills grows up when they used

-- craft system of any sort (resource like in LA or skill based like in Megaten doesn't matter)

I think that that "will be good  if there are" means "must have to be there" if a game is p2p.

I've played so far: lotro, ddo, eve, eq2, wow, la, AoA, AoC, Anarchy Online, Atlantica Online, Allods, Megaten and lots of other games :)

An almoust ideal game for me will be  EVE if there were no open world PvP and skills could also be learned from use.

Comments

• ohnoesohnoes Member CommonPosts: 18

FInal Fantasy XI ?

• tehmtehm Member Posts: 22

WoW sounds almost tailor made for you tbh. Since you listed it but not rift I'm gonna go with Rift.

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

WoW? FF? Rift LOL NONE of those even comes close to what the OP is asking for.

The game the OP is asking for simply does NOT exist.

No cartoonish....and someone answers WoW? Rift and FF? April fools?

I play AoC because it's graphics are sweet, and combat system is much more fun for me then the typical WoW/Lotro system. AoC just had a pretty nice graphic overhaul and runs so much better in Dx10 for me now. AoC is also one of the only MMOs that does not feel like a kids game.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Guild Wars fits most of those descriptions.

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by ohnoes

FInal Fantasy XI ?

I bet it's cartoonish. :)
    Originally posted by tehm

WoW sounds almost tailor made for you tbh. Since you listed it but not rift I'm gonna go with Rift.

Wow has small cartoonish characters and factional PvP. Also it's almoust 10 years old or so, when it was new I've played it and enjoyed it - in 2003 or 2004 I don't realy remember. Wasn't too long - I went to Eve pretty soon after it.
  • Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

Guild Wars

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

Going to be honest with you bro, from which you described it sounds like Runescape is your game.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Originally posted by Warlord33

Guild Wars

Originally posted by romanator0

Guild Wars fits most of those descriptions.

Does it met PvP requirements? I heard that GW has open PvP or something.
    Originally posted by lennpell

Going to be honest with you bro, from which you described it sounds like Runescape is your game.

Runescape has small cartoonish characters and not very good graphic. I've tryed it trust me :)

Originally posted by Evile

I play AoC because it's graphics are sweet, and combat system is much more fun for me then the typical WoW/Lotro system. AoC just had a pretty nice graphic overhaul and runs so much better in Dx10 for me now. AoC is also one of the only MMOs that does not feel like a kids game.

AoC as in Age of Conan? Ty, will look into it.

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by russ1st

You can't have open PvP in a game where 95% of locations are instances. And other 5% are cities/quest hubs/etc where you can't fight at all.

Actually i can't think about GW as of MMORPG because PvE looks more like some coop mode in single player RPG: you get your quest in a city, get you mercenaries (bots that joins your party if you don't have enough friends online), go outside... and that an instance, so no other players around. That's not what i'm waiting from MMO actually. And PvP is pure arena type. Mostly in teams of 3-4 players.

Originally posted by Newfr

Originally posted by russ1st

You can't have open PvP in a game where 95% of locations are instances. And other 5% are cities/quest hubs/etc where you can't fight at all.

Will have a look on GW then :)
  • ampd413ampd413 Member Posts: 4

Guild Wars 2 - which isn''t out yet so you will have to wait.

I tried Rift and it is terrible. It is like WoW with a cool class system at first, but then you find out how bad it is and how boring the combat and Rifts are.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

was gonna say DCUO but you said no SoE game so i will have to go for pve server AoC.

Originally posted by hercules

was gonna say DCUO but you said no SoE game so i will have to go for pve server AoC.

Yeah , sorry but I dislike their marketing and .. umm... advertisement policy - too aggressive for my taste.

Played both GW and AoC.

GW just couple of hours. It' has too small ragdolls for characters. So I'd say no it's not what I was looking for , because graphic ain't good enough for 2011 year. Though I should admit an instanced world concept is interesting.

Played AoC till lvl 20, i.e. to the moment when I have to decide to pay or not to pay and I figured that the game didn't catch me enough to pay for it - it's you usual quest grinder w/o anything noticeable no crafts, no economy - nothing I can touch. At least so for trial. Nothing worth paying for.

So I'm back with a searches of game I would love to play.