Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth starting ?

wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Hi all

can u give me some info about this game how's PVE ... PVP and end game and do u think it's worth the time

thank you

Comments

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

There are a number of threads below this one with pretty much the same question, I recommend looking through those.  That being said, I paid around $10 for it late last year and I think it was a great purchase.  Would I pay the full $30 for it?  No, I do not think I would.

• MakurinaMakurina Member Posts: 13

Unfortunately, like in other areas, Global Agenda is stingy. You are far more likely to end up in a lopsided match than in an enjoyable contest. Ill-matched teams make for hollow victories and merciless defeats, neither of which is particularly enjoyable. Joining an agency is a good way to associate yourself with a regular group of players, and having a consistent team can help mitigate the number of bad matches you encounter.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Originally posted by wasim470

Hi all

can u give me some info about this game how's PVE ... PVP and end game and do u think it's worth the time

thank you

Id say yes, but dont go in expecting a fully fledged MMO, its more like a co-op shooter.

PVE is team based instances with a medium sized open world desert for the early levels to play through. Theres a good number of pve maps available and a variety of difficulty levels. You can also play solo missions, but these are very tough. Endgame is more of the same but with the introduction of raids, and this is one area of global agenda I feel they got very right. Raids are 10 man instances where you defend a location against waves of enemies, kind of like survival mode in left 4 dead if youve played it. Theyre great fun to play and provide a decent challenge.

Pvp is a little murkier. Mercenary is pug v pug, though people can queue up in pairs and often those pairs can make a big difference. Sometimes pvp can be fun, but other times its a frustrating nightmare if you get lumped with a bad team for a few matches. At higher levels gear really comes into play as well, and getting geared up can be a long drawn out grind depending on how active you are. There are also arena matches for premades, but unless youre playing as part of a competitive guild, you dont really need to worry about it.

It goes on sale every few months and on occasion goes for ridiculously cheap, and at those sort of prices its a definate recommendation to pick up.

• AnimeiAnimei Member Posts: 13

Global Agenda hits the top notes in many areas. The crisp graphics and fast paced, high intensity team-based combat are definitely the game’s strongest points. Both PvP and PvE game play are equally fine and the AI of mobs in high difficulty PvE missions is admirable. However, there are few mission maps available at this time and the inability to filter and select missions is definitely a downer.

An MMO review is a snapshot of where the game is in time as it is constantly evolving. If Hi-Rez can add more missions and improve the UI functions, the likelihood of keeping the more casual player in the long term grows high. As the game stands now, whether you enjoy the game rests upon whether you like the combat systems and if you find an Agency to suite your play style and personality, as it’s all about teamwork and the people you play with.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Originally posted by wasim470

Hi all

thank you

Id say yes, but dont go in expecting a fully fledged MMO, its more like a co-op shooter.

PVE is team based instances with a medium sized open world desert for the early levels to play through. Theres a good number of pve maps available and a variety of difficulty levels. You can also play solo missions, but these are very tough. Endgame is more of the same but with the introduction of raids, and this is one area of global agenda I feel they got very right. Raids are 10 man instances where you defend a location against waves of enemies, kind of like survival mode in left 4 dead if youve played it. Theyre great fun to play and provide a decent challenge.

Pvp is a little murkier. Mercenary is pug v pug, though people can queue up in pairs and often those pairs can make a big difference. Sometimes pvp can be fun, but other times its a frustrating nightmare if you get lumped with a bad team for a few matches. At higher levels gear really comes into play as well, and getting geared up can be a long drawn out grind depending on how active you are. There are also arena matches for premades, but unless youre playing as part of a competitive guild, you dont really need to worry about it.

It goes on sale every few months and on occasion goes for ridiculously cheap, and at those sort of prices its a definate recommendation to pick up.

jimsmith08 hit the nail on the head.  I was about to type up something similar, but he already did.  GA is fun, but don't take it too serious if you are not going to join a competitive guild.  Even then, you are going to get worn out quite quickly fighting the same people over and over.  All in all, wait for a sale on Valve or something and try it out for $10 or so.  I'd say it's well worth it then.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

This game can be fun to hop in kill some people and log off when ever. but if you take it serious and actually want to win matchs then you will go nuts. trust me, i had to stop playing this game because it was just makeing me more mad then happy about playing a game.

I hate to lose and i dont care if i die a million times i just want to win the match, in this game you have way to many people who just care about their kill to death ration (KDR) and you will find that " team work " is a lost art.

most matchs are a steam roll, either your team had no chance what so ever because half your team is selfish or your on the winning side that is actually working together. its very rare to get a equal match.

and you can only que up for pvp with one other friend.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

If you treat this game as a MMO, no.

If you treat it as a more persistant shooter, yes.

I paid 20? bucks a year or so ago.  Worth every penny to me.