Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit where it's due

fizzle32fizzle32 Member Posts: 171

Although I'm not happy with certain aspects of Eve such as timesinks and having to wait for weeks/months of training, I have to give credit where it's due.

I've just now started reading some of the Eve Chronicles, and the backstory, and the news articles, they're crazysexycool and help to flesh out the game ALOT. Without the backstory it's just fake stars moving around a fake axis giving me fake lense flair, the backstory is what gives them soul.

Anyway just wanted to give the Eve storyline two thumbs up and a big E for effort. None of the other games even TRY to create a backstory. Good work CCP.::::08::

Comments

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

[quote]Originally posted by fizzle32
    [b]Although I'm not happy with certain aspects of Eve such as timesinks and having to wait for weeks/months of training, I have to give credit where it's due.[/quote]

A suggestion: train learning skills up (learning to IV and the perception, will, memory and intel skills to level V) ... it *dramatically* increases your learning speed on other skill training because they increase your attributes, which are the base factor for determining your training time. In addition, you *could* purchase implants, which increase attributes by a certain number of points simply by plugging them in, and thereby have a significant impact on skill training. It is a minor pain in the short run to train these skills because they don't directly relate to other things you can use (like guns, ships and the like), but if you take the time to train them up a bit and use implants, the rest of your training time is substantially slashed. A skill that may take another player 14 days to train from 4 to 5, for example, will be trainable by you from 1 to 5 in 11-12 days total. Huge difference in the medium term while you are focused on training skills.

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I have to agree, once you dig your teeth into the EVE backstory, player added content and continuing news, there is a lot to learn/do/be part of in the open-ended universe of EVE. ::::28::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude