Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Each class 3 chapters of story, each chapter longer than KoToR itself

2»

Comments

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

one thing to consider is all the dialog you will miss.  For instance, for every opportunity to make a statement, you will probably have 3 choices.  So the result of the other 2 choices will never be known unless you roll another character.

Tremendous amount of content to make this type of game.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

... am I the only person worried that it seems like too much story to all be good?

I mean... if each class has 3x30 (Average KOTOR play time?) in (repeatable, branching) story, that's 720 HOURS of story just for the classes alone, assuming you only ever made one choice and never tried replaying and getting another story.

That puts it on a whole other magnitude more story than any other game ever, so far as I'm aware.  That's enough story that... well...

I'll be honest, I've always thought all video games (Yes.  ALL of them.  No exceptions) were sort of a poor man's cousin to books.  It can be okay, sometimes even good, but never really reaches greatness.  How in the world are they going to have 50-60 years worth of writing and have it all be good... or even okay?  Doesn't that amount of voice acting pretty much assure most of it will be mediocre (Or even poor)?

Oh well.  Even if it's a thousand hours of mediocre storytelling and voice acting, that's still one MMORPG that is at least showing they deserve a subscription fee (... and trust me, coming from me, that's saying a lot.  I hate subscription fees. :P )

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

The only Star Wars games I ever liked were Kotor 1 & 2. I am hoping that Bioware can nail this one down. Just waiting on a release date now.  

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Meowhead

I mean... if each class has 3x30 (Average KOTOR play time?) in (repeatable, branching) story, that's 720 HOURS of story just for the classes alone, assuming you only ever made one choice and never tried replaying and getting another story.

This is the line BioWare has to walk. On the one hand, they want to encourage replayability (rerolling your class to experience the consequences of choices you didn't make the first time around), but on the other, they want to prove that players can stick with one character and truly develop it, just like any other MMO. You know, you've seen the people who say, "Boooring, I'll just have to reroll all the time because the story will be short or they'll be nothing to do at max level." Well, we've already proven there are things to do at max level (just not in any great detail yet) and now, the full weight of just how much story is there for each class is hitting home.

TL, DR: Make your choices carefully and really consider them the first time 'round, because to do your class story again will take a long, long time. Me, personally, I'm going to stick to one character per class.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

This will be good. Finally a game focusing on the journey, NOT the end game.

• kado2kado2 Member Posts: 80

I so can't wait for this game! I miss the days of MMO's who's sole focus was not on end game content.

Retired: EVE, SWG, STO, EQ2, Ryzom, AO, LotRO, FFXI
    Currently Awaiting: SWTOR, TSW, ArcheAge

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Nice to know that lack of content will be one thing we don't have to worry about. :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Now I feel like replaying KOTOR 1 and 2. Tomorrow I hand in my coursework and I am free to do that :)

CAn we get this game faster! I need more KOTOR!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by kado2

I so can't wait for this game! I miss the days of MMO's who's sole focus was not on end game content.

I couldn't agree more.

Groovy.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by theratmonkey

Originally posted by kado2

I couldn't agree more.

^_^ Endgame is where games end for me :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Im going to strive to be one of the top crafters on my server. And in my downtime, i will enjoy some warzones. I imagine i'll finally get around to finishing my story arch in about two years heh.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Foomerang

Im going to strive to be one of the top crafters on my server. And in my downtime, i will enjoy some warzones. I imagine i'll finally get around to finishing my story arch in about two years heh.

I think that may be one of the reasons that this game appeals to me so much.  It is "themepark" enough with a good story line yet still "sandbox" enough that you can do things other than just follow the story.  Let's face it though, Lightsabers and Heavy Machine Guns don't hurt either.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• pete7729pete7729 Member UncommonPosts: 13

If the game is going to be that big then I hope they've already started on the first expansion :D

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I like KOTOR and other Bioware games. I hope the length is going to be followed by quality of the plot and game play.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by pete7729

If the game is going to be that big then I hope they've already started on the first expansion :D

Actually, I read an interview a while back that the Dev in it was stating that they are already working on the first free update and have the second and third planned out.  Basically they wanted to plan ahead, way ahead.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"