Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Newbie DONT SELL YOUR BARC FOR UNDER 5 MILLION

mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

Hi. just thought id give people a warning. Barcs on my server (chimaera) are going for around 7 million on the trade forums. Ive seen people poaching them in mos eisley for 150k and silly prices. I would sell for 5 mill if offered but no less. Just thought id give players a heads up.

Comments

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

Why in gods name are people buying these for so much? Are they special? I got one for free just for buying the game.

• mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

Well you see thats the point. Only new players get given them. They are the best speeders on the game, they are the fastest, best looking, and can always be repaired. And for players who have lots of money they want to spend it on rare things. This is one of them.

I suppose I understand. I guess it's good for any new players if they do sell it because they'll have a nice chunk of change to start out with. Someone offered me 500,000 for mine today but I figured I might be getting ripped off. If I can sell it for millions I certainly will. I can deal without it.

• mayeseymayesey Member Posts: 17

If you are going to sell i reccomend selling it in the trade forum of your galaxy. Have a quick look at the going price and then set a Min bid of say 5 million and BO of about 10 million. People have been doing that on my server and theyre getting about 9-10 million for them. Obviously your galaxy will be different so check the going price first.

And like i said that person who offered you 500k was probably just going to sell it on and make one hell of a profit.

Yeah I bet they did. In fact my girlfriend started up the same time as me and actually sold hers to the person for 500,000. I may have too but I realized something was fishy when the exact same person offered to buy mine for the same price. I've seen many a scam in mmorpg's so I guess I've learned my lesson somewhat. All in all it seems ok as my gf got some new clothes, skills, speeder, etc. and still has alot of it left. I think I'll start shopping mine around tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    Someone offered me 200k for mine. I don't really need it I suppose since I got a landspeeder for free from the intro contact and my PA gave me a swoop. If I can trade it for a good ship I'd consider it, but I'm not about to unload it for a pittance.

Yeah I feel the same way. If someone offeres me a good price I'm gonna sell the thing right away. It's coll but I'dmuch rather have some loot to start my character with.

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

If you have your teir 2 ship and equipment you can head to kaysshyk space or however you spell it :) and kill the blackscale fighters and bombers, they will be blue to you and you only have to fight one at a time. They drop good loot, in a day you could get alot xp and a million or more credits from selling the loot. They are teir 3 and teir 4 pretty easy in a dunelizard. This is how I ground the 4 million xp for my teir 4 boxes.

If I had a barc I would go to my server trade forum to and auction it off, I would try to start at 8 or 10 million :). Rare items like the firespray sell for that much and some weapons and you can always find them and you cant get the barc right now without buying the expansion.

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    Hey thanks Riker. Just got my dunelizard last night. I'll give Kashyyk a try tonight!
  • StrangerrStrangerr Member Posts: 32

One little correction , the BARC speeder is not the fastest one . It is faster than the speeder bike but not as fast as the swoop . Its somewhere in the middle betwen the fastest swoop and the little slower one . but the main goodie about the BARC is that it cannot be destroyed . (if somebody blows it up then you use a special barc repair tool and recover it to full status)