Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pockie Ninja is illegal you know

Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

This is an advertisement I saw on this site.
Notice the lack of any ™ after Naruto or Bleach.

After a quick visit to the site it becomes clear.

No copyright notices for either company that owns either intellectual property, not even the tiniest mention.

The links to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service don't exist either, they are just plain text.

This is obviously very blatantly illegal and mmorpg.com needs to watch what games they advertise.* I'm not usually a stickler for copyright laws (i pirate stuff, so what) but what this company is doing (AKA profiting off of somebody else's hard work) is just plain wrong.

*I have seen this before on this site and others but these ads disappeared quick.
That is obviously Kratos.

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

reminds me of the c.bit where all the asian were running around with cams, taking pics of the new developed stuff to copy it for their cheaper products :)

you gotta love asia, at least they are true to their way hehe

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by Thane

reminds me of the c.bit where all the asian were running around with cams, taking pics of the new developed stuff to copy it for their cheaper products :)

D:  Asia isn't just one giant mega-country where all the cultures are the same.

That's like saying all Europeans are basically Germans or something.

edit:  Pockie Ninja IS totally illegal though. :D

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by Thane

D:  Asia isn't just one giant mega-country where all the cultures are the same.

That's like saying all Europeans are basically Germans or something.

Agreed, but ...

I for one, would welcome our new currywurst overlords.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

I'm not usually a stickler for copyright laws (i pirate stuff, so what) but what this company is doing (AKA profiting off of somebody else's hard work) is just plain wrong.

Classic. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• brockoakbrockoak Member Posts: 4

Mimicing God of War, to profit and sell stuff LAME haha..

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

I actually thought all europeans were russian or something.  Maybe its because I keep fappin it to russian cam girls.  Time to blow the dust off the ole globe and do some learnin

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

what I find odd are the fireworks we import with clearly stolen images from WoW and GoW.  Like I bought one that was actually called WOW and it had the orc from the original WoW game box on it, no copyright or tm or anything, I was blown away.