Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the 7 day comback offer

2»

Comments

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398

It seens shady, yes, but if you log into BNET from the Worldofwarcraft website and go to Acccount, you can actually claim 7 days of free game time.

Now, I'm sure some of these emails are fake as well and they've strategically been released at the same time Blizz is actually offering the promotion. So be careful and never sign into your account through an email's link.

TL;DR:

If you want the 7 day trial, it exists, and access it through the website alone and not your email.

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by Goob

It seens shady, yes, but if you log into BNET from the Worldofwarcraft website and go to Acccount, you can actually claim 7 days of free game time.

Now, I'm sure some of these emails are fake as well and they've strategically been released at the same time Blizz is actually offering the promotion. So be careful and never sign into your account through an email's link.

TL;DR:

If you want the 7 day trial, it exists, and access it through the website alone and not your email.

Yep, I stand corrected. I logged into Battlenet and 7 days free time was indeed available for claiming when I went into my account. Strange that they have different dates, and both dates are incorrect on the year. Not sure if there's valid and invalid emails going around. To be safe remember always log in directly through battlenet and DO NOT CLICK EMAIL LINKS.

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

ill have to check when i get home, i dont have my auth here at work.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

WoW, I just activated my comeback offer and redownloading the client.

I can swear the option just appeared as it was not there when I checked 5-6 hours ago!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

Originally posted by fivoroth

I can swear the option just appeared as it was not there when I checked 5-6 hours ago!

Funny, Blizzard does this right at the same time the "BIG" Rift even is about to happen.

Originally posted by DeathTouch

Originally posted by fivoroth

Funny, Blizzard does this right at the same time the "BIG" Rift even is about to happen.

Hehe :) I actually like it. I was just wondering if I want to resub and now I got to activate my 10 day cata trial AGAIN and already did the trial in december>???

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Just checked, nope.

Too bad, kinda wanted to update a forum guide I'd written.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• Shadows59Shadows59 Member Posts: 47

I won't be going back, I quit after 2 weeks of cata. When they nerfed the assassins so bad we couldn't kill monsters 5 levels below let alone be viable in pvp that was it for me. Was tired of being the continuous whipping boy for why groups wiped, if you could even get a group. Then the beginning content you could walk through in your sleep. Whaaa...that assassin did his job and sneaked up on me while I wasn' looking and killed me...booohoo he didn't let me heal out .

Sheesh, no way i'm going back. I play rift now and enjoy it but left wow before rift came out. Someone still ikes wow then good for ya. We should all be playing games and roles we like and enjoy. It is our time and money after all.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

Blizz went to arena-net, basically ending any anonymity and privacy we had as gamers and consumers.

I fell for it, joined the game around that time and suddenly I had emails and spam mail from all sorts of advertisers and hackers globally.

Ended the sub, suddenly the advertiser spam ended. I still once in a while receive the hacker/phisher spam and I loyally forward them to [email protected] so they can be aware of them. But it will be a cold day in hell before I fall for the constant trials they send me to re-join.

It's more like they are in need of more emails/consumers to sell to advertisers, which I am not interested in the least in getting involved with. If it was F2P I could understand it, but I would not support it. Too many can make games without the intrusions on players' privacy, Blizzard drank the wrong Kool-Aid that day.

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by Rider071

Blizz went to arena-net, basically ending any anonymity and privacy we had as gamers and consumers.

I fell for it, joined the game around that time and suddenly I had emails and spam mail from all sorts of advertisers and hackers globally.

Ended the sub, suddenly the advertiser spam ended. I still once in a while receive the hacker/phisher spam and I loyally forward them to [email protected] so they can be aware of them. But it will be a cold day in hell before I fall for the constant trials they send me to re-join.

It's more like they are in need of more emails/consumers to sell to advertisers, which I am not interested in the least in getting involved with. If it was F2P I could understand it, but I would not support it. Too many can make games without the intrusions on players' privacy, Blizzard drank the wrong Kool-Aid that day.

Same happened to me. I canceled the sub and haven't reeceived spam e-mails. I didn't receive the 7-day free offer either lol, maybe that's spam too? Go figure.

Originally posted by Rider071

I still receive spam mails, it doesn't matter if I am subbed or not. But not a single one ever went to my inbox. It never ever happens and I don't even see any of these emails. Gmail > hackers/spammers. 100% proof thus far.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Why do people think WoW has to need subs to want them?  Maybe someone tried Rift as their first MMO and they could try the trial and become a WoW player?  I am not huge on WoW and I find Rift dull as well.  Trying to get customers is smart no matter the reason.  

If they offered monthly blocks at a reduced price ie 3 for $30 or went F2P I could see some conjecture.  I am sure some people went to Rifts. . even if they are not "suffering" it still makes good business sense to try to grab these players.  It isn't like Rift didn't intentionally target WoW players.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

edit: wrong thread.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D