Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Agency has been cancelled

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

"... and servicing the 20 million players that visited SOE servers in just the past year.”

It wasn't me!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by DarkPony

"... and servicing the 20 million players that visited SOE servers in just the past year.”

It wasn't me!

20 million... .. was that visitors or DDOS attacks image

.. yeah.. wasnt me either.. still im sure their being entirely honest about those figures.. i mean. they wouldnt lie to us would they.....image

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by DarkPony

It wasn't me!

They must be referring to their Exchange server.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I wonder how long it will take until folks crawl out of the woodwork to declare that The Agency was going to be the ultimate MMO...

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Robsolf

I wonder how long it will take until folks crawl out of the woodwork to declare that The Agency was going to be the ultimate MMO...

lol, nah not the ultimate MMO. I was just hoping to see some more titles added to bring some value to the station pass. Get 3 MMO's I'm willing to play from time to time and that station pass starts to look tempting. DCUO, The Agency and Planetside Next were the 3 that could have convinced me the Station pass might be worth it. With the raid focus of DCUO and the cancelation of The Agency I think I'm better off just steering clear of that station pass lol. 

Edited to add: As far as that 20mil goes it is possible they have several MMO's including Free Realms which has drawn in a fair amount of kids and such to at least try it as well as SW: The Clone Wars.

SWG, VG, EQ, EQ2, FR, SW:CWA, DCUO, MTG Tactics, etc. 

Then you have the MOG's and Single player games you can play and get from the SOE servers. Then you have to wonder if PS3 users visiting the Playstation network site are being counted as part of the 20mil visiting the SOE servers.

It's easy to see 20mil visiting the SOE servers in the past year. What they don't point out is that there are so many tie ins to the SOE servers that it's not important in the least how many have visited the servers.

This is sort of like someone asking you how many people attended your teams baseball game last night and then replying with "20mil people watched at least one baseball game last year."

With as many baseball games as there are, as many teams as there are, with as many oportunities to watch a game on TV (Bar, Bar and Grill, at Walmart, Kmart or Bestbuy, etc.) and etc.  it's kind of hard not to have 10's of  millions of people catching at least 1 game. 

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I had been looking forward to The Agency for quite some time.. But i had a feeling it'd end up like this, because of the delays and the fact that DCUO was so stagnent i didn't see SOE dipping its toes into such an ambitious title such as The Agency anytime soon.. But to cancel, it after so long, its bitter sweet.. Would've much rather had The Agency over DCUO anyday.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

any chance they could sell the work they have done on the agency to another company and they could continue the work or does that only happend with completed projects ?

I remember when star trek online went perpetual to cryptic but perpetual didn't really do anything

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

One less game for SOE to disappoint/underdeliever on and then shaft customers on later.

Good Riddance.

Hopefully Smed and his tard circus cronies will be the next to go.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Looks like DC Universe failed big time and now everyone else suffers except the Smedster yet again.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

This is just an addition to the trend that monthly subscritpion mmo's are going away, literally and figureatively.  At least I think so. /shrugs

• LohdownLohdown Member UncommonPosts: 78

I had downloaded the pic below from The Agency website and set it as my background wallpaper.  About a year later I realized that this was still my wallpaper and I hadn't heard a shred of new information concerning this game.  I checked the website and it hadn't been updated in almost a year.  I realized then that the game was never going to be released.  I think it is a good pic though.

The moment I read "It's like" or "WoW" is the moment I stop reading your post.