Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We haven't seen a lot yet. What would you like to see next?

Looking at all the information available so far; about a metric ton of clips, interviews, screenshots and quotes, we actually haven't seen a lot of important gameplay determining aspects yet. The most substantial things were maybe the Taral V play throughs, the origin world play throughs, the space shooter presentation, some older storyline gameplay footage, the crew skill presentation, and a few very short clips on Tatooine and Hoth.

Next to that, the vast majority of other footage are snippets; mini clips on skills, ships, armor progression of some classes etc. Or secondary information: lore and backgrounds.

But a big chunk of info on many gameplay aspects has yet to be released:

- Elaborate fly-throughs of planets (many games use this as a prime weapon in their marketing)

- Presentation of controllable ground vehicles / mounts in the game

- Presentation of the complete scope of end game pve group content: instances and world bosses.

- Detailed information on crafting / professions

- The ins- and outs of the world- and instanced pvp to be had in this game + how server rulesets differ (expected soon™)

- More information on the total scope of itemization and character customization in Swtor

- Unknowns. There might yet be gameplay aspects which aren't revealed at this time.

I probably left out some aspects, so feel free to mention those I missed.

All in all it looks like there is still quite some ammo left to build up hype and keep fans pacified towards launch.

What are you hoping on to be released next? I'm eager to see and know more about crafting and pvp.

Comments

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

And for the Vehicles to ride pleas dont give them such annoying and loud sounds like in SWG !

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

I can see where you say they have a lot to talk about DarkPony, but at the same time they don't.  Go check out most MMO websites and tell me exactly how much details are actually listed on them about the game, especially prior to the game launching.  Some, but mostly it is done as overviews similar to what BioWare is doing with SWTOR.  There are good and bad things about giving a lot of information.  The good is you give people a lot of information to work with.  The bad is exactly the same.  Let's face it, many people get a little information and don't bother going any farther since they "obviously know what is going on".  A good balanced overview though will not give a whole lot of information while still enticing people to pick up the game and at least make that initial purchase.

What would I like to see though?  1- I would like to see an official list of class/race combos.  2 - I would like to see the remaining classes roughed out (just Sith Inquisitor I think now).  3 - Most importantly though, I would like a one or two month launch window announced.  I don't need a specific date, but I am holding off on making certain purchases based on when this game launches and if I don't get that info soon, I may have to hold off on buying this game instead and make the other purchases.

After launch I would actually like to see a lot more detail on the official website.  To include a full description of each races and classes abilities, rundowns on Battlegrounds and Flash Points, Detailed planet descriptions and maps, etc.  Basically I would like the Official SWTOR website make the various "Wiki" pages obsolete since the best info is already out there.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

I am satisfied what we have seen so far and no doubt we get few bigger updates still. We have pretty much gotten what I expected to get before open beta/pre-release.

The major information flow happens if the NDA is lifted or during the open beta.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Theres still plenty I'd like to know about, most of the major things like, complete planet fly throughs and things of that nature I'm not so interested in,  I'd rather just play the game for that,  but what I do want to know for reals is:

1) Have all races been announced?  Also, class/race combo for all unannounced races.. as well as current races.

2) Larger open world PvP battles and world changing world arcs like they mention in the Taris video.  How will they change the world.  Will planets be completely contested based on factions winning warzones or taking control of open PvP areas?

3) Wheres all of the little things that can push TOR over the top? Pazaak.  Pod racing. Underground fight clubs.  We had these in KOTOR, and if we don't have them in TOR I'm going to be disappointed, honestly.

4) They specifically mentioned that on top of the traditional end game of MMOs they were adding a "Secret, never before seen" end game.  Are they still planning it, and what is it?

5) We know companions can create items, and sell items to vendors for you,  but can we expect our Companions to open a shop for us or add things to the Auction House for us?  At some point I was under the impression companions would assist in being lowly shopkeepers,  but nothing has been confirmed.  Even virtual shops created like how PSU did would be a plus to me.

Probably some other questions n shtuff,  but mostly,  the above is what I'm looking forward to getting information about,  and likely won't receive information about...   until its too late. image

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Theres still plenty I'd like to know about, most of the major things like, complete planet fly throughs and things of that nature I'm not so interested in,  I'd rather just play the game for that,  but what I do want to know for reals is:

1) Have all races been announced?  Also, class/race combo for all unannounced races.. as well as current races.

2) Larger open world PvP battles and world changing world arcs like they mention in the Taris video.  How will they change the world.  Will planets be completely contested based on factions winning warzones or taking control of open PvP areas?

3) Wheres all of the little things that can push TOR over the top? Pazaak.  Pod racing. Underground fight clubs.  We had these in KOTOR, and if we don't have them in TOR I'm going to be disappointed, honestly.

4) They specifically mentioned that on top of the traditional end game of MMOs they were adding a "Secret, never before seen" end game.  Are they still planning it, and what is it?

5) We know companions can create items, and sell items to vendors for you,  but can we expect our Companions to open a shop for us or add things to the Auction House for us?  At some point I was under the impression companions would assist in being lowly shopkeepers,  but nothing has been confirmed.  Even virtual shops created like how PSU did would be a plus to me.

Probably some other questions n shtuff,  but mostly,  the above is what I'm looking forward to getting information about,  and likely won't receive information about...   until its too late. image

Some good ones there.

Very curious about any alternative social stuffs too as well as that secret endgame aspect you mentioned. Pod racing and manufacturing for instance, would be awesome for that imo.

I echo other posters' longing for a launch date window as well. I need to plan a week off at launch dammit :)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

I have seen more than enough already.

I just want to play the game now and discover the fun that Bioware have created.

It is a pet hate of mine when a game releases and everyone knows or has already completed the content before release; Not very enjoyable.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

I'd like to see PvP information, which we know is coming soon. Perhaps a some info on raids.

Other than that I've heard all I need to. I wouldn't like to know about every single detail, I like suprises.