Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the 7 day comback offer

sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Interesting this hits right at the end of the first month of rift launch, I wonder if this was a tactic to try and coach players back to this game. I was a wow player for 5 years and quit, rift I feel even though not as big a game world as wow holds my interest a lot more. I doubt I'll be doing the 7 day free return.

Most of wow is old and stale and as for cata I feel that was the final nail.

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I still play wow so i dont need this. This is sorta funny though wow still has 13 ml sub base. There subs went up with cata and far as i know they havent been gong down with rift. Those that left left quickly after cata so its not like rift is kicking wows butt the very idea is almost to funny.

I for one still play wow and find it very enjoyable. Wanna bash me for playing wow and liking it go for it im a bit tired of all the wow hating and blaming blizz for every sucky game that hits the market.

So u like rift better good for u . I like wow better.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Yeah wow is lagging behind in many aspects...but...the combat, the controls, the camera alngles, the spells used and the way they are used, the combat sounds together with animations still dont have rivals, its the best in the business...

For me the combat and fun i have to just pvp against other classes its the most important...

I might play other games, with far more content, and different classes and stuff to do...but if i dont have fun doing what people do most in mmorpgs ( combat ) then its irrelevant all the stuff the games have ...if i dont have fun doing them...

Rift only lacks that, the awsomness of wow controls and combat in general.

EDIT: I had more fun doing my first BG at lvl 80 in the 7 day wow trial, then i had in rift playing for 3 weeks..but thats just me.

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Originally posted by kalinis

I still play wow so i dont need this. This is sorta funny though wow still has 13 ml sub base. There subs went up with cata and far as i know they havent been gong down with rift. Those that left left quickly after cata so its not like rift is kicking wows butt the very idea is almost to funny.

I for one still play wow and find it very enjoyable. Wanna bash me for playing wow and liking it go for it im a bit tired of all the wow hating and blaming blizz for every sucky game that hits the market.

So u like rift better good for u . I like wow better.

I used to like wow but as for cata I lasted 2 weeks after I purchased it, I'll never knock you for liking a game as its your choice in the end. :)

I just found it interesting they launched the 7 day offer at the end of the first month of rift. Now as rift it has taken the best bits from wow, warhammer , EQ and others and perfectly rolled it into one.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Why do so many people get 7 day comeback offers but I get left out? I never received any offers and I checked my account - nothing.

Bleh. I might wanna come back you know ;D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BamaDocBamaDoc Member Posts: 162

If you believe WoW's live subs have gone up in the last 60 days you're kidding yourself. Servers that used to be high or full are now medium. I'm sure they have more accounts now after Cata but people playing the game are down drastically in the last 60 days.

Most of those who switched to Rift will be back to WoW anyways.

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

I heard there is a mail going around with the exact same look as the official ones, giving a 7 day trial. So I suggest you guys be smart and check your account manually for a 7 day trial instead of clicking links in emails :)

my 2 cents

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

It certainly doesn't hurt Blizz to toss out a week of free play to lure some players back to the game though I doubt the uptake will be all that great since most stopped playing not because there was something better out there but because they were tired of WoW. In my case I had slowly cut back and eventually stopped full time raiding and once that happened the only real reason to log on was to chat with people and with so many other ways to keep your social network active WoW really was an expensive way to keep up with people.

I tried Rift and I really enjoyed it and for what it promises it delivers but it is a new game from a small company and so lacks a lot of the depth and range that older games have been able to deliver over time. But, playing Rift was less an issue about WoW and more me just seeing how well it was done. Ultimately I didn't stick with it but I'm not sure that there is any game out there that will ever get me hooked the way EQ and WoW did. For me the pleasure of being able to go to a movie or watch a show or go out at night and not have my life tied up with a raiding schedule has proven to be more interesting and attractive than any existing game and likely any game in development. I will try them all as they come out just to satisfy my curiosity but I will never be willing or able to dedicate that much of my life to what is really only a hobby.

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

They can try to lure back players with a 7 day free trial but there's nothing new they have to offerr but free 7 days.  Same old WoW just more desperate for your 15 bucks.

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Originally posted by sancher36

Interesting this hits right at the end of the first month of rift launch, I wonder if this was a tactic to try and coach players back to this game. I was a wow player for 5 years and quit, rift I feel even though not as big a game world as wow holds my interest a lot more. I doubt I'll be doing the 7 day free return.

Most of wow is old and stale and as for cata I feel that was the final nail.

They have been sending these out for a while now, before Rift even caught on. Its just coincidence and you happened to get yours at a time that allowed you to make a connection between Rift and WoW, which there probably isn't.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by BamaDoc

If you believe WoW's live subs have gone up in the last 60 days you're kidding yourself. Servers that used to be high or full are now medium. I'm sure they have more accounts now after Cata but people playing the game are down drastically in the last 60 days.

why do you assume that those of us who left WoW will return? I left two accounts to try RIft and am sold. No chance of me coming back to WoW.

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

i thought it was spam so i deleted it. anyone who cant remember the proper date deserves a boot upside the head. my come back was for april something 2010, not 2011.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by kalinis

I still play wow so i dont need this. This is sorta funny though wow still has 13 ml sub base. There subs went up with cata...

Just so you know there are not 13 million subs to wow, thats how many they have had over their 6/7 year lifespan.  And you say you play wow so you must notice the cities 1/4 as full as they were on release,  So their subs may have seen a little increase right away with cata launch but it is declining and fast.

C

Posted in error.

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161

a comeback to wow... no thank you

Been playing it on and off since beta and im really tired of it..

I did try rift, 0-50 in 4 days and thats it for me there too.. it reminds me too much of wow heh

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Urgh :/ like 30 gigs of one game, a too expensive monthly fee ( I know its cheap compared to other entertainment.. but still, the games old )

Used to love WoW, played from release till the beginning of Cata.. but It's just stale now, wont be trying the 7 day comeback on the basis that i'm to lazy to wait for WoW to install and patch.

Still waiting for a new warcraft game though.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Not even tempted. the supposed 12mil subs must be dwindling away. Sure try to convince me they have that many for real. IDK at all stick it blizz your old and lame.Grew tired of you years ago.

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

7 days is pretty generous if you ask me. More time would be even better. If I get the offer sometime after 4.2 rolls out I plan to use it.

It will be sad though with it being summer and all if my once fairly active server is a ghost town. The last few times I logged on a month or so ago SW was practically a ghost town. Alliance was more proportioned in Wotlk but becoming more Horde dominant anyways so using alliance might not be that good of an example.

The money it takes to faction or server transfer is ridiculous. If WOW is declining then Blizz will need to start offering free server and faction transfers if they want to keep their older players. I can't find it now but Activision has even made it a point to emphasize revenues from these services on financial reports. They need to throw the old players a bone that have made them rich over the years or accept losing them.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Here we go again. Another RIFT is gonna kill WoW thread.

Wasn't there a thread where....you know.... RIFT fanboys can preach RIFT the WoW killer stuff? Ooh right, there was. You can hop on that one mkay?

Originally posted by nttajira

sorry wow , im playing rift curently and many other , better game , are coming soon .

maybe if wow pay me for play ( since im honeslty hating the game since cataclysm )

i would come back , but you need to pay me more that the price for the subs , since your game realy bad now .

and we do something great , you pay me after wipe , for some reason , this happen alot , and honeslty im never fealing

okay ,that so fun ,  time to try harder vs these pull mobs before the boss , ha that so fun this random groupe have make me wipe 12 time.

i cant stand the graphic anymore either , maybe upgrade your graphic for real ? ( im giving you the art style was the best )

you cant change the engine ? poor you .

but im going to be here , for titan probably , since everyone know you dont realy care about wow anymore .

and we share something , i dont realy care about wow anymore .

-someone tired about wow after playing for 5 year , where litle trick , will dont work anymore .

- who love to beat the old girfriend , over and over .

God you sure as hell will need this money to pay for some English lessons. I mean you literally butchered the English language!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• crowley401crowley401 Member UncommonPosts: 7

erm That 7 days Come back thing is a Scam so stop QQ about it...

• zone16zone16 Member Posts: 51

I got one of these emails as well and when I checked the link it said "bazttlenet". OP is the type of person that falls for scams.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

It's obvious strategy to counter the free weekend of rift special that is going on obviously. Plus it lands directly at the end of the month... They think they're slick. 

Originally posted by Zsavooz

Originally posted by BamaDoc

why do you assume that those of us who left WoW will return? I left two accounts to try RIft and am sold. No chance of me coming back to WoW.

Certainly a fair point. Rift will hold probably a number of former WoW players. Despite it's being a polished product, subs will fall not rise over time. That is how MMOs go. They have 60 days or so to build momentum IMO.

My main point was WoW activity is down MUCH more than Rift accounts for. Again based on anecdotal evidence only. 

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

Am i the only one that caught this??

The world-shattering rage of Deathwing has been unleashed, changing Azeroth forever. Return to the struggle between the Horde and Alliance with 7 days of FREE game time! Simply click below to claim your time and witness the Cataclysm ... but act fast, as this offer will expire on Apr 20, 2010. 

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by DeathTouch

Am i the only one that caught this??

The world-shattering rage of Deathwing has been unleashed, changing Azeroth forever. Return to the struggle between the Horde and Alliance with 7 days of FREE game time! Simply click below to claim your time and witness the Cataclysm ... but act fast, as this offer will expire on Apr 20, 2010. 

Weird, because mine says this:

Take a trip back to Azeroth with 7 days of FREE game time! Simply click below to claim your time and experience all of the latest improvements and additions to World of Warcraft®... but act fast, as this offer will expire on Mar 22, 2010.

Edit: Pretty well done scam email this time as compared to the others I've gotten except for the date inconsistencies. I am sure there are many people that will fall for it unfortunately by clicking the CLAIM GAME TIME link instead of just logging into to battlenet.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

The interesting part is. I too got this e-mail.

How ever, I received it on the e-mail that usually gets WoW phishing scam e-mails and did not receive it on the e-mail that is currently my WoW account.